Waived: DLR/Pleks Waived

Will He Get Claimed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Detroit claiming DLR is the equivalent of Montreal claiming Logan Shaw last year. He'll provide good depth for a lousy team but is not good enough to play for Montreal. Good luck to him but he's not a big loss to the team.

Don't you dare saying that!!!! DLR was seen as the next William Karlsson!!!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So DLR has no value....but he was picked up by the first team to pick up players while having the contract he has and the heart issues he has? That tells me he HAS value. But that also and most importantly tell me that he had greater value before, when he was still the same player he was then then he is now. But becuase of our inability to measure a kid's progression, we were unable to get something for him when he had more value.

It's not about him being great for another team. Or being the next whatever. It's only about not getting shit for a high 2nd rounder. And keeping guys way too long making sure we wouldn't get anything.

Reactions: dralaf and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm fine with Plekanec over DLR. DLR has done absolutely nothing for his entire time with the team. Plekanec can at least win important faceoffs.
People act like Plekanec is a 60% faceoff guy.

He's been a 50% career faceoff guy.

Stop

Reactions: montreal

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
You are absolutely right. DLR played well last year and earned a 2-year deal. If Plekanec was insurance in case Peca didn't work out, then he is the one who should be gone.

Jacob deLaRose will be a solid NHL player.

We will have to eventually go out and find another big fast and defensively sound player. They are not impossible to find, but it was SO DUMB to lose DLR in order to keep Plekanec.

Oh god I would be ready to take a bet on this, what is consider a solid NHL player?

Over 30 points per season while playing on the 3rd line?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Oh god I would be ready to take a bet on this, what is consider a solid NHL player?

Over 30 points per season while playing on the 3rd line?
15-20pts bottom 6 C

Will be good defensively, physical and be valuable on the PK.

I'll take that bet

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Sorry...

DLR is a better player than Plekanec if given the same opportunity.

He proved it last year and Plekanec isn't getting better.

DLR will get what he needs most in Detroit and that's ice time and an opportunity.

Do not become surprised if he becomes a fixture in their lineup.

Meanwhile, we can enjoy waiving Peca or Scherbak soon and watch Plekanec bury shot after shot into opposing goalies midsections.

Plekanec was a 55-70 point player in the NHL in his mid-20s. I guess DLR has a couple of years still as a "prospect" to get to hat level, but that seems to be very optimistic to claim he will be better than Plex.

I don't have anything against DLR and wish him luck but people really need to be more realistic about young guys and blaming setbacks on lack of opportunity or poor coaching. Reality is that it's incredibly difficult to make the NHL let alone be a top 6 guy and only like 10% do once you get outside of 1st round draft picks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is Scherbak the next Hab to hit the waiver wire? I think he will be.

Because Scherbak has shown offensive flashes, I think they'd be much more likely to get something for him rather than lose him for nothing.

Who knows who's next to hit the wire.

Reactions: groovejuice

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not a huge loss but it's disappointing cause I don't think we gave DLR enough of a sample size playing 3C for a full year. He will get this opportunity in Detroit

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
So DLR has no value....but he was picked up by the first team to pick up players while having the contract he has and the heart issues he has? That tells me he HAS value. But that also and most importantly tell me that he had greater value before, when he was still the same player he was then then he is now. But becuase of our inability to measure a kid's progression, we were unable to get something for him when he had more value.

It's not about him being great for another team. Or being the next whatever. It's only about not getting **** for a high 2nd rounder. And keeping guys way too long making sure we wouldn't get anything.

It's based on last year's standing, so Detroit does not have 1st claim. If you follow the news, everyone was reporting that Bergevin was trying to trade a forward, no one offered anything.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Plekanec was a 55-70 point player in the NHL in his mid-20s. I guess DLR has a couple of years still as a "prospect" to get to hat level, but that seems to be very optimistic to claim he will be better than Plex.
I'm talking about better than Plekanec TODAY.

Who cares that Plekanec was a 55-70pt player a decade ago.

I don't have anything against DLR and wish him luck but people really need to be more realistic about young guys and blaming setbacks on lack of opportunity or poor coaching. Reality is that it's incredibly difficult to make the NHL let alone be a top 6 guy and only like 10% do once you get outside of 1st round draft picks.
He never got a real opportunity...the few times he did, he performed well.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Sorry...

DLR is a better player than Plekanec if given the same opportunity.

He proved it last year and Plekanec isn't getting better.

DLR will get what he needs most in Detroit and that's ice time and an opportunity.

Do not become surprised if he becomes a fixture in their lineup.

Meanwhile, we can enjoy waiving Peca or Scherbak soon and watch Plekanec bury shot after shot into opposing goalies midsections.

Have to disagree DLR 55GP 4-8-12
pleckanec 60Gp 6-18-24

DLR showed nothing to indicate an improvement in camp, he can't play effectively on the wing and I don't see a future for him at centre on this team. I would have preferred he not get claimed but at the end of the day DLR types are easily replaced. he is no sven andighetto

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Have to disagree DLR 55GP 4-8-12
pleckanec 60Gp 6-18-24
DLR averaged 11:51 toi/g last year

Plekanec averaged 16:18 toi/g last year

You think that might of been a factor?

After Plekanec was traded and DLR's ice time picked up, he finished with 8pts in the last 20 games.

DLR showed nothing to indicate an improvement in camp, he can't play effectively on the wing and I don't see a future for him at centre on this team. I would have preferred he not get claimed but at the end of the day DLR types are easily replaced. he is no sven andighetto
DLR showed more with less...you just weren't able to see it.

Reactions: BaseballCoach

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.

It's not about him being great for another team. Or being the next whatever. It's only about not getting **** for a high 2nd rounder. And keeping guys way too long making sure we wouldn't get anything.

And what value should we have gotten from him?

Look at the 2nd round in that draft:

2013 NHL Entry Draft Picks at hockeydb.com

How many players on that list would have any kind of value today? None of them have even played as many games as DLR or Lehkonen. Getting "value" for a stagnating 2nd rounder drafted five years ago is not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad