DJ Dave replaced.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I've been to Vancouver a few times and haven't been to the Roxy. Chiggs has been there once or twice I believe. Is it that bad? I picture a greasy place with probably carpet floors and a stale beer smell everywhere packing in drunk creeps and undesirable girls with questionable morals. Am I off base ?

Been a long time since I dragged my bones down there, but last I heard it's still the biggest meat market in the city. Has been for decades. Don't know what it is, but for whatever reason the "pickup bar" thing centers at the Roxy. Always has. The Odds used to be the house band once upon a time; back in their bar band days, they'd do their originals as The Odds (later, just: Odds) but they'd do their cover sets at the Roxy and other places as Dawn Patrol.

Carpet floors? Check. Stale beer smell? Depends when you get there. They have to steam-clean regularly. Drunk creeps? Check and a half. Undesirable girls with questionable morals? Uh...check. Also desirable girls with questionable morals.

There's a VIP bar that I, humble non-NHL player pleb, have never been invited into. Even in my bar days, even in my bar band days...never got into the VIP at the Roxy. *sigh* I know. Just didn't happen for me.

Your bro probably knows the real Roxy better than I do. ;)

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Been a long time since I dragged my bones down there, but last I heard it's still the biggest meat market in the city. Has been for decades. Don't know what it is, but for whatever reason the "pickup bar" thing centers at the Roxy. Always has. The Odds used to be the house band once upon a time; back in their bar band days, they'd do their originals as The Odds (later, just: Odds) but they'd do their cover sets at the Roxy and other places as Dawn Patrol.

Carpet floors? Check. Stale beer smell? Depends when you get there. They have to steam-clean regularly. Drunk creeps? Check and a half. Undesirable girls with questionable morals? Uh...check. Also desirable girls with questionable morals.

There's a VIP bar that I, humble non-NHL player pleb, have never been invited into. Even in my bar days, even in my bar band days...never got into the VIP at the Roxy. *sigh* I know. Just didn't happen for me.

Your bro probably knows the real Roxy better than I do. ;)

I go out quite a bit and Roxy is a bridge and tunneler bar filled with a range of confused visitors to the city that wonder why they're there, but make the best of it.

There's much better places to meet women.

The Canucks (and other C-class celebrities) go there because they get treated very well. They'll get put in the back room, drinks on the house, a body guard overseeing them and free rein to do whatever. I've had Donald Brashear hit me with rum from the bottle while he was just hanging out behind the bar one night. Jeremy Roenick decided the Roxy suddenly offered bottle service as well, when he took a bottle of Grey Goose and just casually had it at our table in the back.

Anyway.. The place sucks, but it treats NHL players and other C-Class celebrities very well.

------

Back to DJ Dave. Every game I listen to the music and am so thankful he's gone. I'm going to say he cost the Canucks the cup with his lack of pump up music. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad