DJ Dave replaced.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
He's the worst hockey Dj ever to live on planet earth

Dude the guy last night at the game played what I can only describe as Nirvana meets dubstep.

Let's stop ragging on Dave here. I'm sick of this obsession with dropping the bass after a build up of what sounds like old cable TV static. Which is what seems like the new guy is going to be playing 24/7.

I say just scrap the hockey/music marriage altogether and be done with everyone's complaining.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Meh, I don't see anything really changing. Chances are the new DJ will be another puppet DJ who plays music from the approved music lists.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I just hope this DJ doesn't crank the tunes to oppressing volumes every time the crowd has something to cheer for and talk about. Nothing kills the buzzing in the arena like music played at a volume that dwarfs conversation.

The music needs to be edgier, but it also needs to be good when played at a volume where you cans till hear yourself think.

That rules out dubstep.

I'm thinking more Jack White stuff, and less Katey Perry.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
But how will we know when to make noise without MAKE SOME NOISE?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
But how will we know when to make noise without MAKE SOME NOISE?

:scared:

Oh no, this is a disaster!!! I can't believe Benning would just let DJ Dave go without addressing this need!!!

We had a DJ in place already and Benning just let him go for nothing!!! :sarcasm:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I happen to be a decently large fan of Clutch, but I agree that it doesn't make for a good goal song.

Yeah, a good song doesn't automatically make for a good goal song. And a kinda bad/played out at least song doesn't automatically make for a bad goal song.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I've always thought Money City Maniacs by Sloan would be a great intro song. Lights out with bass line and siren build up and start guitar riff and full beat when the players hit the ice.

Completely agree with you. MCM would sound amazing in the arena as the boys came out of the room onto the ice. Those sirens and guitar would give goosebumps.

As for DJ Dave, I hope he packed up the 'MAKE SOME NOISE' button with him. That effect would make me cringe every time I heard it. Hated it so much.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
I've always thought Money City Maniacs by Sloan would be a great intro song. Lights out with bass line and siren build up and start guitar riff and full beat when the players hit the ice.

They used to skate out to that song during the Bertuzzi/Naslund era.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

And the JOKE ISSSSSS when he AWOKE HISSSS...
BODYYYY was covered in COKE FIZZZZ

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seriously though, are we gonna get a new goal song that doesn't suck, or what's the situation on that?

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Now if they would only bring back Holiday...

Totally agree. That needs to be our goal song again, and I want this back as our "going out onto the ice" music. It was so short-lived, people didn't get a chance to have it grow on them.

Make it happen, Linden.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
DJ Dave is a regular guy like the rest of us who just lost his job. Best wishes to him, I didnt think he was as bad as some here think.

Interwebuserguy

Aug 2, 2005
I may have to insert the odd sarcasm-smeared MAKE SOME NOOOOOIISE into the environment this year just to celebrate the replacement of DJ Dave. I couldn't believe my ears on Friday at rogers arena. It was pure bliss. Where was it? Where was that famed sound clip? Better yet, where were all of the atrocious songs I get to hear every time I take in a live game? I swear every game seemed to have the exact same set list. I do not need to hear TNT ever again at a canucks game either.

I think the lot of us are just happy to have the embarrassingly bad DJ Dave gone. It was to the point where I didn't even want to go to live games. He did so many things to kill the buzz in the building and he didn't know how to play off of the on ice activity nor the fans. I'm just glad that I don't know what DJ Dave looks like.. at least their isn't a visual associated with my nightmares.

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
Whoever the DJ is, I just hope they change the policy of playing music at loud decibel levels at every stoppage, which kills any natural buzz in the crowd and makes it impossible to discuss the play. Plus the refs and opposition players can't hear the yahoos in the crowd screaming at them between plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad