DJ Dave replaced.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
I may have to insert the odd sarcasm-smeared MAKE SOME NOOOOOIISE into the environment this year just to celebrate the replacement of DJ Dave. I couldn't believe my ears on Friday at rogers arena. It was pure bliss. Where was it? Where was that famed sound clip? Better yet, where were all of the atrocious songs I get to hear every time I take in a live game? I swear every game seemed to have the exact same set list. I do not need to hear TNT ever again at a canucks game either.

I think the lot of us are just happy to have the embarrassingly bad DJ Dave gone. It was to the point where I didn't even want to go to live games. He did so many things to kill the buzz in the building and he didn't know how to play off of the on ice activity nor the fans. I'm just glad that I don't know what DJ Dave looks like.. at least their isn't a visual associated with my nightmares.

DJ dave is a fat ugly clown. You can probably find his ugly mug in one of arena features the canucks did on youtube.

Good riddance to that dumpster.

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
I don't get that passionate dislike and hate for dj Dave. I'm going to say that peoples general music preferences on this board are gonna be very different than the majority of people inside Rogers arena.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
I don't get that passionate dislike and hate for dj Dave. I'm going to say that peoples general music preferences on this board are gonna be very different than the majority of people inside Rogers arena.

he was fired...
so ppl in the arena must have been sick of him as well

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Most of those people aren't wasting time on internet talking about DJs at their local game though, different demographic from the ones making the noise. Squeaky wheels get the grease and all that, so the team is doing it's best to find the areas that need the most grease. When you don't have an elite team to market anymore you need to work on other areas.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Put your hands up in the air, put your hands UP... In the air!

Hope I never have to hear this again.

Make some Nooooooooooooiiiiiiiiise!

Put your hands together!

Though this new The Powerplay Starts NOW! Thing needs to go. Unless this is to remind the team that we have a powerplay... Then I guess we need it. But still...

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Put your hands up in the air, put your hands UP... In the air!

Make some Nooooooooooooiiiiiiiiise!

Put your hands together!

Though this new The Powerplay Starts NOW! Thing needs to go. Unless this is to remind the team that we have a powerplay... Then I guess we need it. But still...

I wonder if anyone has ever put their hands up during that one

The Brodatype

Aug 1, 2014
Agreed we need more Organ!

The "the powerplay starts now"
is horrendous... needs to go. Why not go back to some AC DC or something wicked old rock again.

Then lastly. I would love... If the Canucks can start to score at a good pace again. Change the goal song to something super annoying and catchy that we can all love and other teams and fans will absolutely hate... ala Chelsea Dagger.

I'm sure there might be a huge amount of hate for this idea...
But the song I was thinking about which i can no longer find.. was a spanish parody version of Britney Spears Work B*** song. Thought the beat and the sound was great without Britney's annoying voice. I think we could grow to love it. And Dance in our seats and taunt the other team. Just my two cents.

We need to get our swagger back

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I mostly don't like Hockey Organ stuff.

I did enjoy the organ version of Holiday when we were scoring like we were back then. It was almost like a taunt...

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
Agreed regarding "the powerplay starts NOW." Embarrassing. It's something you'd maybe expect to here in southern expansion franchise where people in the stands may not know what taking a penalty entails. However, I kind of dig that they're playing "Walk" by Pantera for the start of powerplays.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Agreed regarding "the powerplay starts NOW." Embarrassing. It's something you'd maybe expect to here in southern expansion franchise where people in the stands may not know what taking a penalty entails. However, I kind of dig that they're playing "Walk" by Pantera for the start of powerplays.

Seems like a rip off of what Chicago does.

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
I've been to Vancouver a few times and haven't been to the Roxy. Chiggs has been there once or twice I believe. Is it that bad? I picture a greasy place with probably carpet floors and a stale beer smell everywhere packing in drunk creeps and undesirable girls with questionable morals. Am I off base ?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I've been to Vancouver a few times and haven't been to the Roxy. Chiggs has been there once or twice I believe. Is it that bad? I picture a greasy place with probably carpet floors and a stale beer smell everywhere packing in drunk creeps and undesirable girls with questionable morals. Am I off base ?

You're pretty much 100% right.

It is fun though.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I've been to Vancouver a few times and haven't been to the Roxy. Chiggs has been there once or twice during the SCF I believe. Is it that bad? I picture a greasy place with probably carpet floors and a stale beer smell everywhere packing in drunk creeps and undesirable girls with questionable morals. Am I off base ?

??? I cant believe what I am reading :sarcasm: (sorry if that starts a rumour)

Seriously, Good to see you back but why are you wasting posts on this thread, I guess Higgins had a low key offseason...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad