Divorce

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
She sprung it on my on the 7th. Things have been getting a little better, but I still have the empty feeling in my gut and I'm having a hard time eating. I've lost 10 lbs. since she told me. I started seeing a therapist and that has helped a lot.

I'm not a bar person and I can't stand the taste of beer. I was thinking about joining a gym but I can't really start working out until I'm able to eat.

I know this is the lounge and all, but these responses, both serious and sarcastic, do help.

I can't help you.

Sep 19, 2008
Just keep pounding them back. After about 4-5 they go down like water.

I like beer though so take my $0.02 with a grain of salt.

446145.jpg

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Was in a relationship with a married woman who has 5 kids. She's a heart breaker, i tell ya

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
She sprung it on my on the 7th. Things have been getting a little better, but I still have the empty feeling in my gut and I'm having a hard time eating. I've lost 10 lbs. since she told me. I started seeing a therapist and that has helped a lot.

I'm not a bar person and I can't stand the taste of beer. I was thinking about joining a gym but I can't really start working out until I'm able to eat.

I know this is the lounge and all, but these responses, both serious and sarcastic, do help.

it will pass. dont blame yourself. going to a gym will help. but remember its 70% diet when it comes to looking and feeling great. if you can start eating better you'll feel 100% better.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Just officially divorced last month.....but separated for a year and a half. My marriage ended in probably the worst way.....she left me for another man she was working with. Now apparently they are engaged. In 3 months I went from being in a seemingly stable marriage to on my own. Did I mention we had two very young kids?

I was literally a mess for quite sometime. I seen a therapist for months. I started drinking to numb the pain. I lost weight and literally was wasting away. To anyone who says, "just man up and live your life", you just don't know.

Slowly and surely I began to heal. I sold the marital house and bought my own house. I have my kids for than half the time. I have travelled to across the world on some much needed perspective trips. I currently am back in school taking part time classes to upgrade my certifications. Life is better than when I was married in a whole. Just a year ago.....I was a empty shell. That dark place is somewhere I had to visit.

My ex.....well I'm not sure what's going on. Their relationship is very rocky as far as I can tell. She took up smoking. I have already helped her once with a loan because she is broke. Divorced life seems a lot harder on her than me. Now she and her affair partner have each other and that seems very fitting.

So to the OP.....it's going to be a up and down roller coaster. You may seem fine now but days will come out of nowhere that just suck. Ride the highs and the lows. Read and definately get in with a therapist if you need help. Do everything you can to make it easier and you will thrive. Believe me it gets better.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Just officially divorced last month.....but separated for a year and a half. My marriage ended in probably the worst way.....she left me for another man she was working with. Now apparently they are engaged. In 3 months I went from being in a seemingly stable marriage to on my own. Did I mention we had two very young kids?

I was literally a mess for quite sometime. I seen a therapist for months. I started drinking to numb the pain. I lost weight and literally was wasting away. To anyone who says, "just man up and live your life", you just don't know.

Slowly and surely I began to heal. I sold the marital house and bought my own house. I have my kids for than half the time. I have travelled to across the world on some much needed perspective trips. I currently am back in school taking part time classes to upgrade my certifications. Life is better than when I was married in a whole. Just a year ago.....I was a empty shell. That dark place is somewhere I had to visit.

My ex.....well I'm not sure what's going on. Their relationship is very rocky as far as I can tell. She took up smoking. I have already helped her once with a loan because she is broke. Divorced life seems a lot harder on her than me. Now she and her affair partner have each other and that seems very fitting.

So to the OP.....it's going to be a up and down roller coaster. You may seem fine now but days will come out of nowhere that just suck. Ride the highs and the lows. Read and definately get in with a therapist if you need help. Do everything you can to make it easier and you will thrive. Believe me it gets better.

Every wave is different brah, sounds like you've learned to ride em all.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

That's very sad. I have been through break ups and have been broken hearted. I imagine divorce is a broken heart times 10. I have seen others get divorced and have tough times too. Everyone is different in how they handle these things.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Keep it civil and then when her and a gf hook up ask if you can watch.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

Have a Puff about a half hour before supper.

You'll eat just fine.

coupe89

Jan 25, 2006
PEI

Why would you help her with loan.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Sucks man, My longterm GF dumped me over something stupid.
then we agreed we should see a counsellor and work on things. I assumed this meant I could still bang other chicks so I slept with all of her friends and her younger hotter sister. And a lot of chicks who hated her got in contact to support me/bask in her misfortune and I slept with them too.

Were back together now.. and I recently overheard her say that we were broken up but still exclusive........

Ive banged every female in our immediate circle and her sister... I'm walking on egg shells bro I feel you

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
Sucks man, My longterm GF dumped me over something stupid.
then we agreed we should see a counsellor and work on things. I assumed this meant I could still bang other chicks so I slept with all of her friends and her younger hotter sister. And a lot of chicks who hated her got in contact to support me/bask in her misfortune and I slept with them too.

Were back together now.. and I recently overheard her say that we were broken up but still exclusive........

Ive banged every female in our immediate circle and her sister... I'm walking on egg shells bro I feel you

Poor guy; that's gotta be tough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad