Divorce

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
all y'all should try my all carb diet

every morning for breakfast i have 8 pieces of dry toast a bowl of all bran half a pound of granola an all bran muffin and a colt 45

i poop cinder blocks

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I'm splitting up with my wife of 7 years right now. I feel your pain. Just focus on **** that is important to you is all I gotta say. Everyone has their own journey through life though.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Jesus OP man the eff up. All things end. Just be grateful you only lost a few years of your life in a bad marriage as opposed to decades of your life only to wind up old, bitter and unfulfilled. It may not seem like it now but this really is the best thing that could have happened to you. Hopefully, your therapist will relay something similar to you as well.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Sorry to hear OP.

These things are tough. The reality is, the only thing that makes it better is time.

Try to keep your routines. Go to work. See your friends/family. Do something for you. Be selfish. Have fun.

Deleted member 274563

F the shrink dude. Use that money on things that make you happy that maybe you couldn't do before. Go golfing with the boys, but a new car, learn to drink beer and most importantly do something different!

Changing your mind set and focus is the key. Your daily rituals are not the same anymore so accept it sooner rather then later and explore your life again. It's not about what you did wrong. It's 2017 and theres all kinds of ****ed up **** to deal with/witness. I'm sure you know that. It doesn't matter who did what right or wrong. It's the path you choose now that matters and that should be the focus

Last edited by a moderator:

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
I must confess I'm still on my first wife after 16 years, so I have no experience of divorce, but I have seen Top Gun a bunch of times; and when Goose bought the farm, they had to get Maverick back up in air flying again as soon as possible.

Get in shape, get a nice ride, a blonde; and get back up flying again.

There's no point in life sitting around worrying about things that you can't control; just don't go around telling potential 'partners' that your wife left you for another woman..too much detail.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Been divorced how many times bro? Sounds like a lot of experience.
Unless of course the wife just left you too.

Dealing with a loss of any kind can be lumped together. Could be a pet, a family member, job, spouse or anything else. But the idea that accepting what's happened has happened and moving on in a positive direction remains the same in any scenario. We've all loved and lost something...well except you

Deleted member 274563

Dealing with a loss of any kind can be lumped together. Could be a pet, a family member, job, spouse or anything else. But the idea that accepting what's happened has happened and moving on in a positive direction remains the same in any scenario. We've all loved and lost something...well except you

Last edited by a moderator:

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
I got a buddy, little older than me, a lawyer, big money, top end cars and homes, holidays, etc. hell of a nice guy, three kids; and his wife walked out on him, been behind his back for a while.

She wanted more. He's a little vanilla and maybe too nice.

He's put himself back on the market, come out of his shell and he's been absolutely slaying the ladies; and I don't mean in a serial killer kind of way.

Her fling didn't work out and she's now with with a dull looking out of shape short guy, albeit with plenty of coin. My buddy wasn't too happy with what happened at the time, he's laughing now.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I got a buddy, little older than me, a lawyer, big money, top end cars and homes, holidays, etc. hell of a nice guy, three kids; and his wife walked out on him, been behind his back for a while.

He's put himself back on the market, come out of his shell and he's been absolutely slaying the ladies; and I don't mean in a serial killer kind of way.

Her fling didn't work out and she's now with with a dull looking out of shape short guy, albeit with plenty of coin. My buddy wasn't too happy with what happened at the time, he's laughing now.

Light at the end of the tunnel in its finest!

To the other guy with "game"...take your fat head outta your arse. Your first instinct instead of helping is to try and berate someone who is. And yes a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter what kind and they can be lumped into one category....a loss of meaning

Welcome to HF noob

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park

K, but I drive a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, make $15.30/hr, and rent my apartment.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
You'll wind up getting into a relationship with the girl you loved from afar in HS. It'll go belly up when you cheat on her, despite your claims you were on a break. Years later, you'll get back together, but most will agree it's a tired and cliched conclusion. Somewhere along the line, most will wonder when your somewhat adorable geekdom turned into full-on creep mode. Your closest friends will still love you, but from the outside most observers will see you as superfluous.

Still, all the best.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
You'll wind up getting into a relationship with the girl you loved from afar in HS. It'll go belly up when you cheat on her, despite your claims you were on a break. Years later, you'll get back together, but most will agree it's a tired and cliched conclusion. Somewhere along the line, most will wonder when your somewhat adorable geekdom turned into full-on creep mode. Your closest friends will still love you, but from the outside most observers will see you as superfluous.

Still, all the best.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was immediately reminded of this after reading the op.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad