Disney Star Wars General Discussion

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I liked the new trilogy, I thought it was fun. Not great, but enjoyable. Solo was okay, and Rogue One was excellent.

I'd love to see them scrap any projects involving characters we know, and focus on some original stories like the Mandalorian. I am just starting to read the knights of the old republic comic book series on Marvel Unlimited, might be some good stuff in there to use.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think people that complained that season 1 had too much fan-service will now have an actual argument on it. I will be excited to see Ahsoka in live-action though.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
giphy.gif

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That's an odd bit of timing. I read that Season 2 started filming in October. They're still not finished in March and, on top of that, didn't cast a character until now?

I think people that complained that season 1 had too much fan-service will now have an actual argument on it. I will be excited to see Ahsoka in live-action though.

I won't be one of them because I don't even know who Ahsoka is.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's an odd bit of timing. I read that Season 2 started filming in October. They're still not finished in March and, on top of that, didn't cast a character until now?

Anakin's apprentice. She was in Clone Wars, Rebels, and had a voice cameo in TROS at the end. One of the reasons I liked Season 1 so much is that it didn't rely on any existing characters, and it felt original.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’ve looked through Rosario Dawson’s IMDb and haven’t seen a single thing she’s been in

Weird to not cast the lady that plays Asohka in the animated series. Especially considering the character is going to be costume and VFX based

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Anakin's apprentice. She was in Clone Wars, Rebels, and had a voice cameo in TROS at the end. One of the reasons I liked Season 1 so much is that it didn't rely on any existing characters, and it felt original.

Maybe I should watch Clone Wars and Rebels so that I can complain about fan service in Season 2 :sarcasm:.

I’ve looked through Rosario Dawson’s IMDb and haven’t seen a single thing she’s been in

Weird to not cast the lady that plays Asohka in the animated series. Especially considering the character is going to be costume and VFX based

It's probably similar to why Pedro Pascal was cast as the Mandalorian, even though we see his face only once: name recognition (i.e. marketing). You may not be familiar with Dawson, but she's well known enough to others to promote the show, if only a little.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Gina Carano tweeted some time ago that they've finished shooting already.

:shakehead Hasn't watched Voyager and doesn't know Ahsoka. You'd fail a nerd test magnificently. :laugh:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Gina Carano tweeted some time ago that they've finished shooting already.

That makes sense and suggests to me that Rosario Dawson may've been cast primarily for her voice. Her career credits do indicate that she's had a lot of practice doing voice work.

:shakehead Hasn't watched Voyager and doesn't know Ahsoka. You'd fail a nerd test magnificently. :laugh:

I take the insinuation that I don't qualify to be the fanboy that you are as a compliment ;).

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's probably similar to why Pedro Pascal was cast as the Mandalorian, even though we see his face only once: name recognition (i.e. marketing). You may not be familiar with Dawson, but she's well known enough to others to promote the show, if only a little.

People have been fancasting her for the role for a while, and she's publicly said she'd like to play Ahsoka, so combined with her being more well known (at least among casual fans) than Eckstein, it makes sense. If Filoni, who is very protective of Ahsoka's character, signed off on it, I trust him.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
You don't qualify to post in any ST nor SW thread.

That's so ridiculous that I'm going to assume that you're joking. Of course, it's also so ridiculous that you may not be.

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Eh idk she isn’t really in any of the well known Star Wars plots. Her story was important to Anakin’s but she also can pretty easily stand alone.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Id strongly suggest going back and watching Clone Wars. The movies really don’t do it any sort of justice. Ahsoka’s storyline is a major reason Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hollywood Reporter is hearing rumors that Ahsoka in Mando is a backdoor pilot for a future Ahsoka series. That would be great, my only thing would be cluttering this timeline where all these characters have to die or disappear before the ST starts. If you only pay attention to the movies, in the OT and ST you would think that that jedi and force-users are pretty rare, but with all the tv shows and other lore, it has a different narrative.

I doubt they'd recast Luke, but I'd love to see Ahsoka and Luke interact on-screen and for Luke to learn about Anakin from Ahsoka.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Hollywood Reporter is hearing rumors that Ahsoka in Mando is a backdoor pilot for a future Ahsoka series. That would be great, my only thing would be cluttering this timeline where all these characters have to die or disappear before the ST starts. If you only pay attention to the movies, in the OT and ST you would think that that jedi and force-users are pretty rare, but with all the tv shows and other lore, it has a different narrative.

I doubt they'd recast Luke, but I'd love to see Ahsoka and Luke interact on-screen and for Luke to learn about Anakin from Ahsoka.

Sebastian. Stan. He's already working with Disney in the MCU.

hamill_stan.jpg

Reactions: 18Hossa

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
The theories I saw that I think would fit well is that Ahsoka would be involved in an episode or two to help guide Mando in learning more about Baby Yoda, and to explain the force a bit more.
Since Mandalorian takes place roughly 5 years after RotJ, at this time Ahsoka and Sabine would likely still be on their search for Ezra I would think. This would tie in with the theory its a backdoor pilot for a spinoff since you could then have Ahsoka continue on her search for Ezra and make a series out of that. No matter what direction they go I am very excited to see it play out.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The theories I saw that I think would fit well is that Ahsoka would be involved in an episode or two to help guide Mando in learning more about Baby Yoda, and to explain the force a bit more.
Since Mandalorian takes place roughly 5 years after RotJ, at this time Ahsoka and Sabine would likely still be on their search for Ezra I would think. This would tie in with the theory its a backdoor pilot for a spinoff since you could then have Ahsoka continue on her search for Ezra and make a series out of that. No matter what direction they go I am very excited to see it play out.
Rebels is going to have another season on that plotline. Ahsoka, Sabine, Ezra, and Thrawn.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad