Disney Star Wars General Discussion

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Nothing has actually been confirmed about another season of Rebels. As far as I can tell it was basically one person saying he had a source that told him it was happening, and as often happens some people ran with it. With the recent rumor of a possible Ahsoka spinoff series, I kind of doubt they'd do another season of Rebels with her + her own series. It would be interesting if they did a live action series that continues where Rebels left off though. They could bring Ahsoka, Ezra, Sabine, and Thrawn all into live action in the same series.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nothing has actually been confirmed about another season of Rebels. As far as I can tell it was basically one person saying he had a source that told him it was happening, and as often happens some people ran with it. With the recent rumor of a possible Ahsoka spinoff series, I kind of doubt they'd do another season of Rebels with her + her own series. It would be interesting if they did a live action series that continues where Rebels left off though. They could bring Ahsoka, Ezra, Sabine, and Thrawn all into live action in the same series.
Yeah, I thought there was something official with it, but I think I was mistaken. It wouldn't surprise me to see it return in some form, Thrawn is a character they could still do more with IMO.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

When Dawson was announced, I wondered if it was just for voice work, since filming wrapped weeks ago. Now, I'm starting to wonder if the show is going to do a little re-shooting to insert her and Biehn as cameos to lay groundwork for Season 3, which they may have much bigger roles in.

Anyways, while reading that article, I found the following one, which is a good read about Biehn's career, with emphasis on his working relationship with James Cameron: "Everything Had to Go Right": What Happened to 'Terminator' Star Michael Biehn

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!
Sep 19, 2008
It was reported that Bill Burr would reprise his role in season 2.

I need to watch this show. Didn't know he was in this show.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Id strongly suggest going back and watching Clone Wars. The movies really don’t do it any sort of justice. Ahsoka’s storyline is a major reason Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

While it has its flaws, I liked Clone Wars. It actually makes you understand Anakin a lot better than the movies, which seem to just portray him as an unlikeable whiny jerk.

Sep 19, 2008
So I have Disney+ for about a week now and it's okay. I need to get into the Clone Wars cartoon show.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
While it has its flaws, I liked Clone Wars. It actually makes you understand Anakin a lot better than the movies, which seem to just portray him as an unlikeable whiny jerk.

Yeah it actually gives him personality and progression rather than just: "My mom died I'm angry. I love Padme I can't lose her so I'll kill all the Jedi". The episode where they rescue Piell and Tarkin really shows how Anakin agrees the Jedi don't go far enough to get things done consistently. Then multiple other episodes show how the emperor set up a lot of things for his eventual Empire.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah it actually gives him personality and progression rather than just: "My mom died I'm angry. I love Padme I can't lose her so I'll kill all the Jedi". The episode where they rescue Piell and Tarkin really shows how Anakin agrees the Jedi don't go far enough to get things done consistently. Then multiple other episodes show how the emperor set up a lot of things for his eventual Empire.
Yeah, it's why I looking back on it, I wish Lucas started the PT with episode 2, then did some of the Clone War stuff in the movies, and then finished with episode 3. Clone Wars made Anakin a much better character, one you could actually relate to and understand his motivations.

Reactions: Voight

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah, it's why I looking back on it, I wish Lucas started the PT with episode 2, then did some of the Clone War stuff in the movies, and then finished with episode 3. Clone Wars made Anakin a much better character, one you could actually relate to and understand his motivations.

Agreed. Merge together parts of 1 and 2. Then just do the major clone wars battles in the new 2nd movie.

I think a tv series is always going to be a better medium for something like the Clone Wars though. Much easier to do arcs and switch stories then pick back up on them later.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wonder if they'll do a Boba Fett movie, especially after the success of The Mandalorian.

Fett's always been a popular character and they could do a Solo-esque story of his early days after his father died or something like that. :dunno:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
starting clone wars now. but the current season. i haven't seen the previous seasons. is it worth watching from the beginning.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
starting clone wars now. but the current season. i haven't seen the previous seasons. is it worth watching from the beginning.

I agree it’s worth watching from the beginning, although I’ll warn you that there’s a lot of junk in there too. In fact, for adults, only about 90 or so episodes of 130+ are worthwhile and of those 90, only 40-50 really have a broader contribution to the whole of the Star Wars story.

Still worth it though

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Season 3 is where TCW really started to pick up. There are still some episodes/arcs after that you can probably skip, but I think the quality is more consistent in the later seasons than the first couple. Definitely watch the Mortis arc, the Umbara arc, and all the Maul related episodes though.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If I needed a list of must see episodes/story arcs from Clone Wars for a friend who's not seen much/at all of Clone Wars yet but intends to when Disney+ opens here during the summer, what would they be? By the way, she said today that one of her friends is doing the Finnish dubbing for one character.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
In chronological order (the release order was not always chronological) my list would probably look like this.

Season 3, Episode 1 - Clone Cadets
Season 1, Episode 1 - Ambush
Season 1, Episode 5 - Rookies
Season 1, Episodes 19-21 - Ryloth Arc
Season 2, Episodes 1-3 - Cad Bane Arc
Season 2, Epiaode 10 - The Deserter
Season 2, Episodes 12-14 - Mandalore Arc
Season 3, Episode 2 - ARC Troopers
Season 3, Episodes 12-14 - Nightsisters Arc
Season 3, Episodes 15-17 - Mortis Arc
Season 4, Episodes 7-10 - Umbara Arc
Season 4, Episodes 21-22; Season 5, Episode 1; Season 5, Episodes 14-16 - Maul Arc
Season 5, Episodes 17-20 - Ahsoka Arc
Season 6, Episodes 1-4 - Order 66 Arc
Season 6, Episodes 10-13 - Yoda Arc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad