Disney Star Wars General Discussion

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
On one hand I like Patty Jenkins, on the other hand I don’t particularly care about a fighter pilot movie

I guess this gives them more time to get their shit figured out for the next series of movies

Also if that Rangers of the New Republic show is centered around Cara Dune, big pass. No idea what Disney is thinking dumping money into a side character

I'd be pretty stunned if the next trilogy isnt a High Republic or KOTOR based thing

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Acolyte intrigues me. It's set around the High Republic era as a mystery/thriller that will go into the dark side. The entire High Republic thing intrigues me in general. As much as I got tired of the long series towards the end of the Legends days I do kind of miss the "big event" feel they had.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Well they're certainly being ambitious here, but I'm not fully convinced that they can pull all this off.

They had big plans with the sequel trilogy and the spin-off movies, and those were disappointing. They are seemingly starting over from a good base in The Mandalorian, but juggling all these shows and movies at once can't be easy. Has anyone other than Marvel (who slowly built up to it) pulled it off?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Well they're certainly being ambitious here, but I'm not fully convinced that they can pull all this off.

They had big plans with the sequel trilogy and the spin-off movies, and those were disappointing. They are seemingly starting over from a good base in The Mandalorian, but juggling all these shows and movies at once can't be easy. Has anyone other than Marvel (who slowly built up to it) pulled it off?

Honestly, only really trust the mandalorian, Ahsoka and rangers of the new republic to be good.

The rest I'm highly doubtful about.

Casian Andor... like who ? Oh that no name character from Rogue One. An okay movie at best, and a forgettable character. Why do this ? I don't see this being successful.

Lando... zero interest. But I guess it could surprise.

Leyslie Headland... enough said, not watching. Fire Kathleen Kennedy already

Rogue Squadron... maybe. But not exactly hyped.

Obi Wan - We've seen almost all of his story already. Where can they go with this, and Hayden Christensen ? Really ? EDIT: Deborah Chow is director. That changes my mind, it has potential.

Just all of this sounds really bad except the filoni-favreau stuff.

Last edited:

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Forget about the rest of star wars, rewatch TLJ instead since it's so good. Do you think TLJ rank among the top 5 best movies of all time ?

Oh... You're one of those.

tenor.gif

Don't take it personal that I don't like the same films you do. I'm pretty sure we would disagree on most things.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Oh... You're one of those.

tenor.gif

Don't take it personal that I don't like the same films you do. I'm pretty sure we would disagree on most things.

Yeah I'm one of those star wars fans. You've admitted you're not a fan of SW yourself. What are YOU doing here?

For example, I'm not a fan of Star Trek. I get the appeal behind it for some people. But I'm just not much of a fan. I know star trek fans hate the new stuff Picard and that new discovery one. It would be like me going into those threads with a silly :

1 . Star Trek : the motion picture
2. Star Trek : Discovery
3. Star Trek : Picard

everything sucks of star trek, tire fire, lololol
4. Wrath of Khan

Then being like : You know what I think the motion picture is actually worse than Picard and Discovery. That would be me fishing for a reaction from ST fans. I think you know that. But eh, you do you ! Just not sure what you're doing in this thread if you don't like star wars ?

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Not a fan of Andor getting his own show, as I found him and Rogue One quite boring & pointless (probably one of the few with this opinion, I stopped watching when they got to Sacrif). Don't see why this is necessary.

Rogue Squadron? That has me interested, but would prefer a series.

Ashoka? down for that

Rangers Of The New Republic? need to know more

Lando? Could be good

Obi Wan? Mixed feelings on that one

The one about the High Republic? need to know more

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Hating the sequels gives too much credence to them.

They are boring and forgettable. A corporate, "coattail riding" touch is in these films, such as using a Luke Skywalker cliffhanger for the sole purpose of ensuring tickets would be sold for the next film. They are something you watch during a free trial of a streaming service and then wonder "why did 2 and half hours just disappear from my life?" Especially when the ultimate hero is basically a female Harry Potter with none of Harry Potter's struggles, flaws, or character development fighting a petulant Draco Malfoy parody?

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I'm sure some of these will be good, some meh. I still lament the loss of the Star Wars brand as a large even/spectacle, putting out a whole bunch of series quickly will be the nail in the coffin of that.

Yeah this is a worry. The sequel trilogy was a giant dumpster fire that didn't make anywhere near as much money as they hoped and alienated much of the fanbase. They've struck lightning in a bottle with The Mandalorian, and it's like Disney execs got $$$$$$$$$$ in their eyes again. This many shows at once reeks of throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks.

I still hold out hope for an Old Republic series, or Darth Bane. You could even do a "rule of two" series, follow Bane's heirs, gives you the opportunity to introduce all kinds of new characters.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Yeah this is a worry. The sequel trilogy was a giant dumpster fire that didn't make anywhere near as much money as they hoped and alienated much of the fanbase. They've struck lightning in a bottle with The Mandalorian, and it's like Disney execs got $$$$$$$$$$ in their eyes again. This many shows at once reeks of throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks.

I still hold out hope for an Old Republic series, or Darth Bane. You could even do a "rule of two" series, follow Bane's heirs, gives you the opportunity to introduce all kinds of new characters.

Can't help but notice none of these new series take place during or after the sequel trilogy. Disney is avoiding that like it's the plague.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Darth Vader has always captured my imagination since I first saw him on screen and heard his voice as a little kid.

If this new series actually involves Vader being Vader, with JEJ voicing him, and not the emo version from the prequels, I’ll be stoked as hell about this series.

This series apparently takes place ten years after we last saw Obi Wan and Vader... so I assume he would have to be the Vader I grew up knowing, not the emo Anakin from the prequels.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Not sure I'd agree the sequels didn't make nearly as much money as they hoped, but the fanbase definitely was divided and I think they're wisely steering clear of that era for now.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I am interested to see whether Hayden is just going to be in the suit or if maybe they have a flashback of Anakin at some point.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Not sure I'd agree the sequels didn't make nearly as much money as they hoped, but the fanbase definitely was divided and I think they're wisely steering clear of that era for now.

On top of that, is the sequel trilogy era really that different than the original trilogy era? It's basically another rebellion against another empire. So if you're going to have series in that setting, you might as well have them set during an era that is widely accepted by the fanbase.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I am interested to see whether Hayden is just going to be in the suit or if maybe they have a flashback of Anakin at some point.

HC is 6 foot, so I suspect they will either use camera tricks or a body double when he’s in the suit to make Vader look more imposing.

This and I expect him to be there for not more than an episode or two. Unless they completely go away from the established lore, Vader and Kenobi do not have any interaction in 20 years.

I haven’t followed the comics or whatever has been around, but from what I’ve read this morning, apparently Vader will be trying to hunt Obi Wan down for revenge... and they have a “rematch of the century that fans never knew about” according to Kathleen Kennedy.

It supposedly is a limited series, so it very well could revolve around Vader trying to track down Obi Wan and their fateful rematch, etc etc.

Which sounds exactly like the storyline I’d love to see.

Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi will "rematch" in the Disney Plus series | GamesRadar+

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I don't see the issue with having multiple Star Wars shows. If a specific premise doesn't interest me or I don't enjoy a specific show/movie, I just won't watch it. There being some bad Star Wars media doesn't negatively impact my life enough for me to care about it for more than a minute.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
HC is 6 foot, so I suspect they will either use camera tricks or a body double when he’s in the suit to make Vader look more imposing.

I haven’t followed the comics or whatever has been around, but from what I’ve read this morning, apparently Vader will be trying to hunt Obi Wan down for revenge... and they have a “rematch of the century that fans never knew about” according to Kathleen Kennedy.

It supposedly is a limited series, so it very well could revolve around Vader trying to track down Obi Wan and their fateful rematch, etc etc.

Which sounds exactly like the storyline I’d love to see.

Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi will "rematch" in the Disney Plus series | GamesRadar+

I am sure it will be fun, but I always thought that they had not met from RotS to ANH.

I just hope the retcon is not too bad. I hope Vader does not go to Tatooine.

Maybe I am being too much of a fan boy and should just enjoy the ride.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I am sure it will be fun, but I always thought that they had not met from RotS to ANH.

I just hope the retcon is not too bad. I hope Vader does not go to Tatooine.

Maybe I am being too much of a fan boy and should just enjoy the ride.

I just want to see Vader again, and JEJ is almost 90, so this could be the very last chance to experience the Vader from my childhood (if they can do it that way).

I was excited as hell about Rogue One, just so I could see like 5 mins of Vader. He is my all time favorite villain and nothing is really even close TBTH.

I’m not into the comics/novels or cartoons so from my own POV, I’m not really concerned with any canon developed outside of the actual original Star Wars films.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I will say that they had a great opportunity to make Darth Vader a major antagonist of a story not involving the Luke/Han/Leia/Kenobi characters in Rogue One, but reduced his role to that of a cameo without much real involvement in the story.

I was hoping they were going to have Darth Vader systematically eliminating the Rogue One group one by one, similar to a horror movie monster (possibly grabbing themes from Alien in the process). In my opinion that would have been better than what we ended up getting.

Though considering there is a lot of time between the rise of Darth Vader and the events of the OT, there is still the opportunity to do that.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Honestly, some of these are decent-but Filoni should have Kathleen Kennedys job-what a waste her decisions are

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Honestly, some of these are decent-but Filoni should have Kathleen Kennedys job-what a waste her decisions are
What decisions are you talking about?

Also what make you think Filoni is the right person for the job Kennedy currently holds? Also Kennedy has openly stated she consults Filoni regularly, so it seems like he is already well-utilized.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad