Disney Star Wars General Discussion

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I hope you have a great time and just a heads up at first it's a bit confusing on where you need to go, however once you know where everything is it's not bad. Also if you are going to the one in Walt Disney World they also have an entrance/exit for Galaxy's Edge located in Toy Story Land.

Finally if you want to get on Rise of The Resistance you will need the My Disney Experience App and get a boarding pass, because they are not using regular lines or Fast Pass + at this time. To get the boarding pass you need to physically be inside Hollywood Studios when they open and since last month along with this month they have been changing the opening to 7:00 AM which is when you can get a boarding pass. It will say your boarding group number and send you a push notification through the app saying it's time to get in line and it gives you a 2 hour window. Both times I went on last month I happened to get boarding group 97 and I was in Hollywood Studios just after 7:00 AM. Now on the plus side you are not forced to remain inside Hollywood Studios until your boarding group is called. For example I left to go back to my WDW Resort which was the Boardwalk Inn, so I checked the app to see what groups they were at and walked back to Hollywood Studios once they got closer to my boarding group.

Oh I've done my research on it and know all the boarding pass things etc. I'm going to the one in Disneyland and I'm pretty familiar with that side of the park too.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Oh I've done my research on it and know all the boarding pass things etc. I'm going to the one in Disneyland and I'm pretty familiar with that side of the park too.
I know that the Disneyland app is going to have the boarding passes so just make sure you have it downloaded and I assume they only make them available once the park opens like at Hollywood Studios. Last month when I was at WDW people were lining up between 5:00 - 6:00 AM and being let in at certain times before 7:00 AM and getting boarding passes. However they had changed the policy to give them out when Hollywood Studios opened.

Also since Disneyland does not have MagicBands like at Walt Disney World I guess they will scan your actual ticket once you get in line, because at WDW they scanned our bands once you got the notification through the app saying your group has been called.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm heading to Disney World in a couple of weeks with the family (just a couple of days before we do a cruise). I have a day at Hollywood Studios, but don't think we'll be doing either of the new Star Wars rides. Too hard to try and get on either, and may be too intense for our kids. We're instead putting our energy to get them in the Jedi training and will make that our first stop when the park opens.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm heading to Disney World in a couple of weeks with the family (just a couple of days before we do a cruise). I have a day at Hollywood Studios, but don't think we'll be doing either of the new Star Wars rides. Too hard to try and get on either, and may be too intense for our kids. We're instead putting our energy to get them in the Jedi training and will make that our first stop when the park opens.
I don't know if you or your kids have been before, however the Millennium Falcon ride is basically another version of their Star Tours attraction which has been there for years long before Galaxy's Edge opened. The only difference is it's not in 3D so you don't wear any glasses, plus you are assigned specific jobs. There are two people who fly it, two gunners that shot at things and two engineers that press buttons. Now the standby line can be long and I have seen it reach 120 minutes and the single rider line wouldn't be good in your situation.

Reactions: discostu

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I don't know if you or your kids have been before, however the Millennium Falcon ride is basically another version of their Star Tours attraction which has been there for years long before Galaxy's Edge opened. The only difference is it's not in 3D so you don't wear any glasses, plus you are assigned specific jobs. There are two people who fly it, two gunners that shot at things and two engineers that press buttons. Now the standby line can be long and I have seen it reach 120 minutes and the single rider line wouldn't be good in your situation.

I last went 20 years ago. Kids have never gone. They're 6 and 5, and not patient, so long lines aren't going to be an issue. They are Star Wars fans though, hence the Jedi training. We have fast passes for Star Tours so they can get one ride in.

We're also going with other family, and none are really interested in the thrill rides, so I think we'll probably do our fast pass stuff (we have Toy Story ride and Indiana Jones) and generally just see what we can experience via character experiences and immersion stuff.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I last went 20 years ago. Kids have never gone. They're 6 and 5, and not patient, so long lines aren't going to be an issue. They are Star Wars fans though, hence the Jedi training. We have fast passes for Star Tours so they can get one ride in.

We're also going with other family, and none are really interested in the thrill rides, so I think we'll probably do our fast pass stuff (we have Toy Story ride and Indiana Jones) and generally just see what we can experience via character experiences and immersion stuff.
Since your going in a few weeks I would keep track of what time Hollywood Studios opens. They have been changing the opening to 7:00 AM because of Rise of The Resistance and they might change it again for other days. For example on January 29th they are supposed to open at 8:00 AM and it might change to 7:00 AM. Since your kids want to do the Jedi Training it's recommended to be at Hollywood Studios when they open since the time slots to sign up are first come, first serve.

Besides that since you have Fast Passes for Star Tours and Toy Story Mania those are some of the good ones to get.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Since your going in a few weeks I would keep track of what time Hollywood Studios opens. They have been changing the opening to 7:00 AM because of Rise of The Resistance and they might change it again for other days. For example on January 29th they are supposed to open at 8:00 AM and it might change to 7:00 AM. Since your kids want to do the Jedi Training it's recommended to be at Hollywood Studios when they open since the time slots to sign up are first come, first serve.

I'll definitely keep that in mind. Going with extended family and staying off site though, so, getting out the door earlier than planned is always a challenge. But, Jedi training is the thing we want most. They'll buy in fully on the concept, as they're the perfect age.

We're doing Hollywood Studios on a Saturday, so I'm worried it will be busy.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'll definitely keep that in mind. Going with extended family and staying off site though, so, getting out the door earlier than planned is always a challenge. But, Jedi training is the thing we want most. They'll buy in fully on the concept, as they're the perfect age.

We're doing Hollywood Studios on a Saturday, so I'm worried it will be busy.
Staying offsite will make it harder especially if it opens at 7:00 AM, so I would check their website to see exactly what time it's opening when you plan to go. If you have a car it would be a lot easier than taking a bus from those offsite Hotels, however another option is taking an Uber or Lyft if you don't mind the extra cost of doing that.

Also on some mornings Hollywood Studios has been having Morning Extra Magic Hours where they let guests staying at WDW Resorts in 1 hour before the listed park opening. However for Hollywood Studios they usually have it on Sunday mornings.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Have been watching the movies the past couple of days. When Yoda is first introduced in Empire, it was pretty cringey imo. The way he acted was up there with Jar Jar Binks. It wasn't until Luke finds out that he's actually talking to Yoda when Yoda starts acting normal. It didn't last long but am I the only one who thinks this?
He was doing that deliberately to test Luke's patience and temperament so as to better judge his character. It perfectly fits once the reveal is made even if it is a bit jarring at first.
----------------------------------------------

As for Disney. f*** Disney.

When I first heard George Lucas had sold Disney the rights to Star Wars I was actually excited. I grew up on the OT and I loved Star Wars more than pretty much anything. I've probably watched Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi about 75x each with A New Hope ~50x. When Phantom Menace came out I was needless to say, HYPED. After seeing it in the theater I was so broken and disappointed that it basically killed Star Wars for me (literally just sat in the theater after the credits in silence). I didn't watch any of the movies (or buy any merch) for over 5 years. I was at Circuit City one day buying video games and they had Attack of the Clones playing in their demo room ($3k sound system and $500 leather recliner, large TV) and I just sat down and watched the second half of the film. It was not good, but it was better than Phantom Menace enough that I decided to see Revenge of the Sith in theaters a couple weeks later. I remember EP3 being really good and enjoyable until that god awful cringe ending that ruined the film. And that was it. SW was dead and buried and I endlessly lamented George Lucas destroying his own creation. The re-edits of the OT were pointless and beyond horrible (I have since heard a theory that he did that to avoid his ex-wife getting royalties, which I can understand).

So when Disney came along I was happy. Disney has a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ and they took SW away from the senile creator that was destroying his own creation. However, I soon realized how misplaced my hopes were when almost immediately after acquiring the IP, I started reading press releases from Disney announcing the specific f***ing days that the new movies would be released. THE EXACT DATES. It is impossible to have something like that scheduled two years out for a movie that has not even been written yet. It guarantees that proper writing, scripting and re-drafting will not take place and makes it likely that post production editing will be rushed. It set the entire franchise up for failure. Compounding this was the announcement that the EU was 'no longer canon'. I read a lot of EU stuff as a kid, and some of it was good but most of it could best be described as 'filler'. Regardless, using existing EU material as framework for the sequel trilogy was the only hope Disney had for meeting their production schedule with a coherent story, and they trashed it within a couple weeks of cutting Lucas his check. So I knew SW was dead. I have not seen any of the Disney films in the theater. I've seen TFA on TBS on mute a few times at my old job. Its a crap movie but I don't blame people that like it because it does "look" like Star Wars and it is better than The Phantom Menace. I've watched countless reviews on TLJ and Solo but I will not sit down and watch the actual films because I don't want that garbage fanfic in my brain. I might watch TRoS at some point, as much as its a bad film by all credible accounts I do really want to see some of the scenes with the Emperor and Lando. Rogue One is the only acceptable Disney film. It was bland and boring with some major cringe sprinkled on top but the third act was actually pretty good and the ending was 10/10 perfectly amazing. One of these days Im going to recut the last ~10 minutes of RO and splice it onto the front of my laserdisc copy of A New Hope.

Mandalorian is pretty decent. It's not epic but it has its moments and its low points are nowhere near as low as in the movies. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they do with the TV serials but I'm definitely not hooked on them.

The biggest gift Disney has given us is the redemption of George Lucas. A lot of Star Wars fans had been bitching endlessly about him screwing with his own universe since the late 90s and it took Disney digging up the corpse of Star Wars and filling it with dog cum and covering it with diarrhea for us to realize that even at his worst GL was never the bad guy.

Reactions: NNCbama

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Have been watching the movies the past couple of days. When Yoda is first introduced in Empire, it was pretty cringey imo. The way he acted was up there with Jar Jar Binks. It wasn't until Luke finds out that he's actually talking to Yoda when Yoda starts acting normal. It didn't last long but am I the only one who thinks this?
He was testing his patience.

Yoda made him crash there.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
For the Obi-Wan series, the only reason I would be interested if Ewan McGregor does the character. I am not interested what Obi-Wan did between the prequels and originals. I mean... he's suppose to be hiding and not do anything crazy.

I think there could be some interesting suspense involved with near-discovery.

In Clone Wars, there's an arc where one of the clones almost figures out Order 66, and the entire thing is so incredibly close to being blown wide open to the Jedi Order itself. Despite the fact that we know they don't discover the plot, the tension of that arc was really incredible. If they could walk a similar tightrope at times with the Obi Wan series, which will have McGregor and is set between III and IV, then it could be really good. Not just near-discovery of him, but of Luke as well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

In Clone Wars, there's an arc where one of the clones almost figures out Order 66, and the entire thing is so incredibly close to being blown wide open to the Jedi Order itself. Despite the fact that we know they don't discover the plot, the tension of that arc was really incredible. If they could walk a similar tightrope at times with the Obi Wan series, which will have McGregor and is set between III and IV, then it could be really good. Not just near-discovery of him, but of Luke as well.

In Rebels we found out that some clones had a flaw in them which meant the order didn't work on them. Rex and others.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
In Rebels we found out that some clones had a flaw in them which meant the order didn't work on them. Rex and others.

Yes... actually, there's some potential there that those clones play a role in helping Obi Wan stay hidden. We know Rex survived through RotJ. Even though that's a retcon... but a fun one. Filoni confirmed that the white-bearded rebel with the strike team on Endor was Rex.

Not that he blew us away with his performance in the PT, but Temuera Morrison who played Jango Fett and the clones is still working. And he did Boba Fett voice work for Battlefront II just a few years ago.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I remember in Rebels it was specifically said how Rex, Wolffe and Gregor all removed their inhibitor chips, because if you notice they all had a scar on their heads.

It was in the Clone Wars where one of the Clone Troopers discovered what the chips were really for and before he tried to expose Palpatine, however everyone thought he was crazy and I think his character was killed.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I remember in Rebels it was specifically said how Rex, Wolffe and Gregor all removed their inhibitor chips, because if you notice they all had a scar on their heads.

It was in the Clone Wars where one of the Clone Troopers discovered what the chips were really for and before he tried to expose Palpatine, however everyone thought he was crazy and I think his character was killed.

He was. The character was Fives. I wonder if we'll be getting any good clone stuff from the new season of TCW coming out next month.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
He was. The character was Fives. I wonder if we'll be getting any good clone stuff from the new season of TCW coming out next month.
I wonder how they are going to handle all the events leading up to what we saw in Revenge of The Sith? The only thing we know for sure is that Ahsoka survives since she was already in Star Wars Rebels and in their series finale she was last seen with Sabine going to search for Ezra.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I wonder how they are going to handle all the events leading up to what we saw in Revenge of The Sith? The only thing we know for sure is that Ahsoka survives since she was already in Star Wars Rebels and in their series finale she was last seen with Sabine going to search for Ezra.

I wonder if this season will really be the last, and if it is, if it ends with the first part of the Battle of Coruscant. We've already seen one Palpatine kidnapping plot, so the groundwork already exists for that component.

We don't just know Ahsoka survives... pretty much every major TCW character survives to the beginning of RotS.
Except Ventress. Though, of course, they could put the events that lead to her death on screen.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
We don't just know Ahsoka survives... pretty much every major TCW character survives to the beginning of RotS.
I think Ahsoka would have had help getting away and surviving because of Bail Organa. I remember reading how he was the only one who knew where Obi-Wan Kenobi was after Revenge of The Sith, at least until mentioning Obi-Wan in Rogue One before leaving for Alderaan. Anyway remember in the Star Wars Rebels Season 1 Final when Ahsoka was reviled to be Fulcrum, it was Bail Organa on that hologram explaining everything along with Hera.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think Ahsoka would have had help getting away and surviving because of Bail Organa. I remember reading how he was the only one who knew where Obi-Wan Kenobi was after Revenge of The Sith, at least until mentioning Obi-Wan in Rogue One before leaving for Alderaan. Anyway remember in the Star Wars Rebels Season 1 Final when Ahsoka was reviled to be Fulcrum, it was Bail Organa on that hologram explaining everything along with Hera.

I think in the Ahsoka novel (which I think is canon?) she and Rex fake their deaths after Order 66, then split up and go into hiding separately. She then meets Bail Organa towards the end of the book and joins the Rebellion as Fulcrum.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think in the Ahsoka novel (which I think is canon?) she and Rex fake their deaths after Order 66, then split up and go into hiding separately. She then meets Bail Organa towards the end of the book and joins the Rebellion as Fulcrum.
Now that you mention it I remember hearing that explanation on one of those dedicated YouTube channels which are all about Star Wars and they said the exact same thing you did.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Staying offsite will make it harder especially if it opens at 7:00 AM, so I would check their website to see exactly what time it's opening when you plan to go. If you have a car it would be a lot easier than taking a bus from those offsite Hotels, however another option is taking an Uber or Lyft if you don't mind the extra cost of doing that.

Also on some mornings Hollywood Studios has been having Morning Extra Magic Hours where they let guests staying at WDW Resorts in 1 hour before the listed park opening. However for Hollywood Studios they usually have it on Sunday mornings.

It's showing a 9:00 am open right now, so the plan is to get there for open and make a beeline. With February being a quieter time, and us making it our first stop, I'm hoping we're fine,but we've prepped the kids that it isn't a guarantee. There's apparently 15 shows per day and the groupings are large. As long as we're there for open, I think our chances are good.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
That was the entire point.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!

I mean, I hope it's good, but I feel like it's going to be too thin of a line for it to work. I already think it's pretty crazy that they sent Luke to Anakin's family/homeworld in the first place. Granted, in the first Star Wars movie Vader wasn't Luke's father yet, so you never thought about Luke being raised by Vader's brother(or stepbrother after prequels). The concept of Luke ever possibly being in danger was a stretch, because he was just being raised on some backwater world on the Rim.

Also, any new characters are going to suffer from a severe case of prequelitis. Granted if it's a good show, it's a good show. Just not sure if there's going to be enough there.

That's why I worry a little bit about the Mandolorian. Obviously as the stakes raise, you gotta think about what's going on in the universe around it. But if they start to involve say, other Jedi stuff/First Order/New Republic I'm going to start thinking about the sequel trilogy and how pointless all this stuff is, heh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00