Disney Star Wars General Discussion

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's showing a 9:00 am open right now, so the plan is to get there for open and make a beeline. With February being a quieter time, and us making it our first stop, I'm hoping we're fine,but we've prepped the kids that it isn't a guarantee. There's apparently 15 shows per day and the groupings are large. As long as we're there for open, I think our chances are good.
Like I said before keep checking their website and I would also follow this other website called WDW News Today. If the opening hours change they will update their website and Twitter account right away once it's confirmed.

Reactions: discostu

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Like I said before keep checking their website and I would also follow this other website called WDW News Today. If the opening hours change they will update their website and Twitter account right away once it's confirmed.

Noted
I have the app, and check in periodically to see what typical wait times are, and I'll make a note to check hours. A close friend of ours is a Disney vet (been going twice a year for years now) and has been helpful.

It's amazing how complex the whole process is. We were generally not looking to do a Disney trip as this level of planning does not make for a fun vacation for me, but, kids are pretty hooked onto the franchises. Being in the area, it made sense to tack on these days, but it really is a pricey affair.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Noted
I have the app, and check in periodically to see what typical wait times are, and I'll make a note to check hours. A close friend of ours is a Disney vet (been going twice a year for years now) and has been helpful.

It's amazing how complex the whole process is. We were generally not looking to do a Disney trip as this level of planning does not make for a fun vacation for me, but, kids are pretty hooked onto the franchises. Being in the area, it made sense to tack on these days, but it really is a pricey affair.
Besides me being a huge Leafs fan, my other favorite thing along with my family is Disney. We go to WDW 2x a year ever since 1996 and also have Annual Passes which gives us 20% off on merchandise and 10% off some of their restaurants, plus we also stay onsite.

Reactions: discostu

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I decided to rewatch Solo, and man I forgot how poor the writing in that movie was. Everything is about pure convenience, and so much "nostalgia" and "fan service" and I put those in quotes because it wasn't any nostalgia or fan service that anyone even cared about. No one cared about the story of how Han got all his stuff.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
The Mandalorian was really good and a much-needed step in the right direction. My feelings on the recent trilogy have been discussed already, so I won't go into them again.

As an aside, has anyone been reading the Star Wars comics being pushed out by Marvel since Disney took over? I just finished the original run of Darth Vader comics (the ones written by Kieron Gillen) and it was fantastic. I hear the second run by Charles Soule is even better, so I'm very much looking forward to reading those.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I watched Force Awakens and was disappointed in the lack of an original story and how uninteresting the characters were. I watched Rogue One and was disappointed in how uninteresting the characters were (except the quippy comic relief droid). I saw Solo and was disappointed by just about everything except Donald Glover as Lando.

I haven't seen anything else and I don't really want to. I feel bad that Disney has already gotten ~$20 of my money for movies that would need to be better to be mediocre.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The best (or at least most memorable) moment in both standalones for me was the Darths showing up. Vader because he kicked ass, and Maul because we got both Ray Park and Sam Witwer to play him. K2-SO and Lando were probably the best characters in their respective films. Rogue One does have some of my favorite battle scenes in Star Wars though.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Kenobi being delayed indefinitely just is more evidence to me Kathleen Kennedy has no clue what she’s doing

This is a softball for Disney, one of the easiest “win” for content they could make, and they’ve managed to bungle it

I pray someone with some semblance of competency takes over once her contract is up next year

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Eh, I'm not sure where they could have gone with Kenobi that wasn't already exhaustingly done in the Clone Wars series.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I was never really that excited for an Obi-Wan series. To make his image in ANH to work, he needs to be an unexciting hermit. It's sort of like Solo, it's just an unnecessary story that we don't need.

It's just crazy that almost every Star Wars project has a ton of drama.

Reactions: Seedtype

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Obi-Wan Kenobi Series Put on Hold at Disney+, Episode Count Reduced

this explains why it has been so quiet about the show

episode count cut and there was no start date prior to this announcement

was supposed be jan 2021

According the McGregor, they’ve pushed back shooting until January 2021, but the release date remains the same... so if that’s true, the start date was not supposed to be January 2021.

“I think we start shooting early next year as opposed to summer this year,” Ewan McGregor, who will reprise his role of Obi-Wan Kenobi in the series, told Variety at the “Birds of Prey” fan event at Hollywood and Highland. “I think the scripts are great. They’re in really good shape. They want them to be better. I think we keep our same airdate. All good.”

Ewan McGregor Addresses Obi-Wan Kenobi Script Problems: ‘It’s Not As Dramatic As It Might Seem’

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The Force Awakens - C: felt like a re-cast of IV too much
Rogue One -A+: I just watched this again last weekend. Riveting storyline and action. This is my favorite of all SW movies.
The Last Jedi - F: The only SW movie I won't watch twice.
Solo - B: This movie was highly criticized, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Rise of Skywalker: A-: Easily my favorite of the sequel trilogy. A little retcon going on, but I enjoyed it overall.

...as well as The Mandalorian on Disney +: A+ for Baby Yoda and for making it feel like a film production instead of a sitcom, C for the storyline, B+ overall.

Overall, I'd like to see new and different. I wouldn't mind a new sequel trilogy that brought in new characters (that weren't protected orphans), with any returning characters being used as tie-ins but only tangential to the storyline. But more than anything, I would want them to have storyboarded the entire trilogy before starting the first episode, so that there is continuity throughout.

I also wouldn't mind more zoom-in standalone movies that examine particular characters or events, like Solo and Rogue One. Agent Kallus would be a good live action movie, from his destruction of the Lasat to his redemption in becoming a mole within the Empire and then eventually a leader in the rebellion. Or maybe Sabine in an epic search for Ezra. I would actually prefer these types of vignette films over waiting out 4 years from beginning to end of another trilogy saga. Especially if they don't know what direction it's going and see saw from episode to episode.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
We already know Ewan lied about this role for years. He's good at the spin game.

I don’t think he was lying. These things can sit in development for years and years before they start to become a reality. I don’t remember him portraying it as anything imminent until it became official.

Either way, it’s enough to say we don’t really know the whole of the story at this point.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t think he was lying. These things can sit in development for years and years before they start to become a reality. I don’t remember him portraying it as anything imminent until it became official.

Either way, it’s enough to say we don’t really know the whole of the story at this point.
He admitted that it was tough for him to lie about it. I'm not saying it was malicious or anything, but a lot of this stuff is PR spin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad