Online Series: Disenchantment (Netflix - Matt Groening)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think the story is interesting but yeah most of the jokes miss. Feels like they’re trying too hard half the time. I just have the finale left but the most recent episode was the best yet for me.

agree with everything but the best episode which for me was the 7th. It's been ok to watch, I kind of enjoy it but it's just not funny at all. I also just have the finale to watch.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I think the story is interesting but yeah most of the jokes miss. Feels like they’re trying too hard half the time. I just have the finale left but the most recent episode was the best yet for me.
I enjoyed it but, I feel that the jokes would have been better if they were 18+

Does anyone else actually think that a certain friendly character is actually dead?

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Was really bored by it for the first 5 episodes. Most people say it gets better by episode 7 and I agree. Starting at 7, and wanted to watch the next episode very fast and the finale is awesome.
I will definitely watch the second season but I really hope it starts faster. Also, jokes are meh... It's not a very funny show.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Does anyone else actually think that a certain friendly character is actually dead?

No, but leaving him dead at the end of the season implies there's a chance that the voice actor might not be back for season 2 and they wanted to leave options open. Like Han Solo in carbonite in Empire Strikes Back.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Was really bored by it for the first 5 episodes. Most people say it gets better by episode 7 and I agree. Starting at 7, and wanted to watch the next episode very fast and the finale is awesome.
I will definitely watch the second season but I really hope it starts faster. Also, jokes are meh... It's not a very funny show.

Yeah, after first 2 episodes i switched to South Park. Maybe i will give it second chance.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They waste far too much time with secondary or back ground characters that don't really show up until they need to move the plot forward, if they focused on the actual story instead of dicking about, they would have a fantastic show on their hands. They're trying too hard to be like a fantastical futurama and keep losing track of their actual story. It wasn't a bad season, but they had time to come up with a good one and they didn't deliver it imo.

Also, Bojack is a fantastic show, it's not so much it's an animated fun cartoon, there's a lot of real shit Bojack is going through and if you turned it into a show with live actors and adjusted the nuances of the animals thing, you'd likely have a serious hit on your hands on HBO or something.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They waste far too much time with secondary or back ground characters that don't really show up until they need to move the plot forward, if they focused on the actual story instead of dicking about, they would have a fantastic show on their hands. They're trying too hard to be like a fantastical futurama and keep losing track of their actual story. It wasn't a bad season, but they had time to come up with a good one and they didn't deliver it imo.

Also, Bojack is a fantastic show, it's not so much it's an animated fun cartoon, there's a lot of real **** Bojack is going through and if you turned it into a show with live actors and adjusted the nuances of the animals thing, you'd likely have a serious hit on your hands on HBO or something.
I think I just want them to pick one. Either be narrative driven at the expense of Futuramaesque zany humor, or abandon the narrative and just have Futurama in a medieval fantasy setting. The show can't decide which it wants to be.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think I just want them to pick one. Either be narrative driven at the expense of Futuramaesque zany humor, or abandon the narrative and just have Futurama in a medieval fantasy setting. The show can't decide which it wants to be.
Exactly, it bounces back and forth and then you get to the final episode and suddenly, it's some story they forgot and were like oh yeah....cliffhanger time!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Exactly, it bounces back and forth and then you get to the final episode and suddenly, it's some story they forgot and were like oh yeah....cliffhanger time!
I'm fine with it in it's current state but it's not something I feel has as much rewatchability as Futurama and The Simpsons.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Tried again to get into this and just couldn't. The way a poster above put it, 'It's Comedy Central-era Futurama' is probably the nicest thing to say about the show.

Speaking of Futurama, it's made me want to re-watch the show for the first time since the finale aired. The first 5 or so seasons are some of my favorite cartoon/comedy shows of all time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad