Prospect Info: Discussion: Prospects and Marlies Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Watching the replay of the 2015 World Junior Gold Medal game. I had forgotten that Valiev played in that game, as well as Gauthier. Fairly often, they were on the ice at the same time. Both seemed solid but not spectacular

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Why is Kapanen getting scratched today?

obviously we are trading JVR.

He must be a little banged up, is it just me or does there seem to be alot more games on Leafs TV this year? usually 1 in 2 is on rogers TV but i haven't caught one yet

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
The Marlies are like Burke's Leafs. Best players Kapanen, Leipsic and Nielsen are just like Kessel, Lupul and Phaneuf.

Kidding! Well maybe just a bit. My main point is that team is based around wingers. We need more centre depth in the organization.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The Marlies are like Burke's Leafs. Best players Kapanen, Leipsic and Nielsen are just like Kessel, Lupul and Phaneuf.

Kidding! Well maybe just a bit. My main point is that team is based around wingers. We need more centre depth in the organization.

Kapanen is such a better 2way player than kessel all ready with only 10 nhl games under his belt, but i know what you are saying they dont have many quality offensive C's i think Smith is the only one we have there

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
3-0.

Defense is awful. Bibeau gives up the juiciest rebounds.

Meanwhile we can't do anything offensively...

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Kapanen is such a better 2way player than kessel all ready with only 10 nhl games under his belt, but i know what you are saying they dont have many quality offensive C's i think Smith is the only one we have there

Froese as well.

The problem is that everyone is not playing to their capabilities. On paper, our team is easily one of the best, if not the best, in the AHL. But if these guys feel like messing up easy passes, always giving up the puck, doing nothing offensively or defensively, etc. then who really cares about what's on paper.

It'd be different if the Marlies were losing hard fought games where a bounce didn't go their way or something like that. But they are losing to weak teams where they mostly just beat themselves. You would have thought that after a few losses they would start to give a ****, but that has yet to happen.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Froese as well.

The problem is that everyone is not playing to their capabilities. On paper, our team is easily one of the best, if not the best, in the AHL. But if these guys feel like messing up easy passes, always giving up the puck, doing nothing offensively or defensively, etc. then who really cares about what's on paper.

It'd be different if the Marlies were losing hard fought games where a bounce didn't go their way or something like that. But they are losing to weak teams where they mostly just beat themselves. You would have thought that after a few losses they would start to give a ****, but that has yet to happen.

yeah forgot Froese, i am not really bothered about the marlies results i want progress from the more important prospects so from what you are saying they aren't even doing that. I feel like (i dont know) our d core is alot younger than last year and we brought in alot of 1st time NA pro players (ie: CHL players or euro players) i feel like they are younger. All due respect to Smith and Froese if they are your top 2 offensive C's then you are relying too much on wingers to win you games

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
At the game. Neilson looks good. Very good shot.

Surprised at how much ice time someone like Marchment is getting though

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
At the game. Neilson looks good. Very good shot.

Surprised at how much ice time someone like Marchment is getting though

That Marchment line is pretty much the only one that consistently gets pressure and doesn't give the puck away. Sure they aren't the most skilled, but they at least do something. The other lines suck half the time, and are 'meh' the rest.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Puck goes across the line twice, award a penalty shot, but they don't review it? That should be have been our goal.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Want them to play tomorrow when the Marlies have a chance to win... Since Sparks would be in net.

Bibeau was bad to start but was solid for the remaining 2/3 of the game.
The goal they disallowed hurt them and Froese missing the wide open net were a bigger issue in the loss imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad