Prospect Info: Discussion: Prospects and Marlies Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
wouldn't it be cool if he became the greatest latvian hockey player to ever live! I am cheering for this lad

Oh really?
qjxmt49xa0fi0a.jpg

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
some friends of mine have crunched the numbers pretty thoroughly on this one - if you're not minimum 1.2ppg at 18 you're likely not an nhl producer, barring exceptional circumstances.

if he manages to get up to 1.5 this yeqr then yeah it'll give me hope.

When you say NHL producer, does that mean top 6 producer or cutoff for NHL player?

Every time I see him play I think that his production doesn't seem to match his skillset, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he hits the AHL. I don't think he'll be a star, maybe not even a top 6 player in a vaccuum, but I do think he'll be a good pro and fair chance that he's good enough to be on a top 6 line with guys who will inflate his numbers and I think we may be lucky enough to have that in the big 3

If a bunch of our other winger prospects turn out, it's probably a moot point

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
We'll agree to disagree, I suppose.

In the meantime, here's a video of Martins Dzierkals at the most recent rookie tournament.

Like I said, he's a treat to watch. Reminds me of Kadri, or maybe Komarov with Kadri's nifty mitts. Just needs to work on getting an NHL level shot, but his skating, drive, hands and hockey sense are all there.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
My eyes can't see things that small.
Are the stats good?

I think it shows him being very consistent over the first 2 months of the season? Not sure though. The fact that he's scoring at a 0.5ppg clip as a 20 year old playing 13 minutes a night is extremely positive, that I know.

Haven't had a chance to catch a game since the first 2 games of the season. KHL hockey isn't a priority during school :laugh: Anyone who has kept up with the team wanna shed some light on how he looks?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kapanen scores. Was very hard to tell, but got ruled a goal by the refs. Kapanen looks in the zone to starts. Using his speed and making smart plays.

Edit: I'd like to add, some good play and pass by Rychel in front of the net to set it up. Leipsic also got an assist.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Kapanen scores. Was very hard to tell, but got ruled a goal by the refs. Kapanen looks in the zone to starts. Using his speed and making smart plays.

Edit: I'd like to add, some good play and pass by Rychel in front of the net to set it up. Leipsic also got an assist.

That was a pretty goal, nice play & in & out in a split second.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I think Freddy is having a great game tonight. Making some good plays that are leading to chances.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
I think Freddy is having a great game tonight. Making some good plays that are leading to chances.

Been impressed by gauthier this game
Skating has improved and has made some nice plays setting up linemates
Rychel also looking better
On negative side havent been impressed by Leivo

Last edited:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Been impressed by gauthier this game
Skating has improved and has made some nice plays setting up linemates
Rychel also looking better
On negative side havent been impressed by Leivo

He is just coming back from injury, I thought he looked better today had & created a few good chances & worked the boards well. (I didn't see the 3rd though)

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
man i really wanna see kapanen get a game, even on the 4th line...he might be next up before leipsic and leivo

solid 6'0 190 size, elite skating and speed, great shot, and good puck skills and passing

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
man i really wanna see kapanen get a game, even on the 4th line...he might be next up before leipsic and leivo

solid 6'0 190 size, elite skating and speed, great shot, and good puck skills and passing
I'd like to see it (selfishly) but know long term we are best leaving him down til at least the TDL (if we are out of contention) or the 2017/18 season. Once he's up, we want him up for good. His issue has always been consistency, so I want to see him play 40 to 50 games in the AHL this season, at the level he is playing at and with the effort level he is showing. He has legitimate 1st line potential as a quality scorer and maybe even a 30-40-70 guy if everything goes right. Can't wait to see him when he's finally up, I think he could actually cause a lot of havoc on any type of line.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Other teams' fans love to call Kappy our spare part.

Well, he just had another great snipe on Saturday.

Not bad for a "spare part."

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Kasperi Kapanen looks a lot more powerful this season.

He's on the cusp of making the NHL. His size, skating and strength is gross.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Kasperi Kapanen looks a lot more powerful this season.

He's on the cusp of making the NHL. His size, skating and strength is gross.

yeah hes even listed at 6'1" which at first i thought was just the team doing the stupid raise players up a inch or 2 but he is taller and bigger and starting to use it as well. People are sleeping on him i really like him i think we are looking at a future 2nd line of Kapanen-Nylander-brown

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
something has to happen with Leivo today. I guess Brown & Sosh can just be sent down or we can waive someone (ben smith?) or a trade i guess we find out in 45 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig