Prospect Info: Discussion: Prospects and Marlies Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
He's going to be 28 in a few months so it's been a long time for something to happen. I cannot see him making it to the nhl at this point. He is a good pro hockey player at the lower levels but at his age do you think he will ever play 100 nhl games?

He seems to still be getting a little better every season.., so I can't say for sure.., but yes.., he has passed the usual time limits in most people's books.. I just have a weird feeling that he might be a surprising call-up, at some point in the future.. and he sort of reminds me a little of Datsyuk (not in his play of course.., but more in his lack of not showing age problems.., yet.. He might be one of the guys who plays into his late 30's..)

All in all..., though.. these guys in the AHL don't need to be dissed, just because they never reached their ultimate dreams..
We've had enough hate floating around Leaf Nation for the past five decades.. It's time to enjoy the positive moves forward and support it..
Haters are always going to hate.., though.. :shakehead

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He seems to still be getting a little better every season.., so I can't say for sure.., but yes.., he has passed the usual time limits in most people's books.. I just have a weird feeling that he might be a surprising call-up, at some point in the future.. and he sort of reminds me a little of Datsyuk (not in his play of course.., but more in his lack of not showing age problems.., yet.. He might be one of the guys who plays into his late 30's..)

All in all..., though.. these guys in the AHL don't need to be dissed, just because they never reached their ultimate dreams..
We've had enough hate floating around Leaf Nation for the past five decades.. It's time to enjoy the positive moves forward and support it..
Haters are always going to hate.., though.. :shakehead

I agree about the hate and hope you didn't interpret my post as hateful, judgmental yes, but I meant no hate with it.
I just saw the irony of a poster visualising the name in the way he did for a player that has probably 'failed' to make it to the nhl.
Humor is subjective and can seem mean but it was meant as humor.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I agree about the hate and hope you didn't interpret my post as hateful, judgmental yes, but I meant no hate with it.
I just saw the irony of a poster visualising the name in the way he did for a player that has probably 'failed' to make it to the nhl.
Humor is subjective and can seem mean but it was meant as humor.

No.. That poster who is the one (again, imo..) that was being a little rude.., but each to his own..
I never took your post that way, at all.., Salt... I enjoy humor, if you haven't noticed..
I can even make fun of a bad situation.., like I did in that summer pump I made a couple of seasons ago..
(and some people found that, to be too much..)

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Who cares, its a free country! we can all be rude if we want. Don't apologize ever haha

Join me, live the Edgar Friendly lifestyle sans the sewer system.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
No.. That poster who is the one (again, imo..) that was being a little rude.., but each to his own..
I never took your post that way, at all.., Salt... I enjoy humor, if you haven't noticed..
I can even make fun of a bad situation.., like I did in that summer pump I made a couple of seasons ago..
(and some people found that, to be too much..)
:D

Yes there is certainly some comic flare in some of your vids!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No man when she's ready life will kick you when you're down. She doesn't care, she just happens.

She just happens for sure. That's why you gotta take take take while you can right? Ride the wave and all that?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Absolutely :handclap:
I don't believe the latest generation understands this, many seem for the most part entitled.

Why do they feel entitled though? Maybe its because the generation prior dropped the ball and didn't deliver the correct instruction. Perhaps years of being lied to about things like Santa is totally the wrong message. Maybe there is a negative outcome when parents become obsessed with material acquisitions. Labeling a generation entitled is very narrow minded and idiotic. If you want to understand the quality of the fruits of your labor you need to not just look at the fruit, but the quality of the labour that went into it.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
She just happens for sure. That's why you gotta take take take while you can right? Ride the wave and all that?

Riding the wave is very different than take take take. Surfing is about accepting what's given and making the best of it.

But we digress from hockey.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Riding the wave is very different than take take take. Surfing is about accepting what's given and making the best of it.

But we digress from hockey.

Taking chances is what I am talking about, failing, picking self up and all that. Just be yourself, nobody will respect you for not being yourself and just following the crowd in the end. I would sooner be colourful than a colouring book if you get what I mean.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Taking chances is what I am talking about, failing, picking self up and all that. Just be yourself, nobody will respect you for not being yourself and just following the crowd in the end. I would sooner be colourful than a colouring book if you get what I mean.
Ahh. Yes I agree.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
2016-17 MARLIES STATS.
(I'll try to update this.., once a week.. and will be adding more prospects, also..)

TOP 12 MARLIES

PLAYER/POSITION .... GAMES .. GOALS .. ASSISTS.. POINTS .. +/-
1.) Brendan Leipsic (RW) .. 31 ......... 11............ 25........... 36........ -1 *PPG+
2.) Kasperi Kapanen (RW) .33 ......... 16............ 17........... 33........ -3 .*PPG
3.) Andrew Nielsen (D) ......37 .......... 6............ 19........... 25........ -8
4.) Byron Froese (C) .........34 ......... 15............. 7........... 22........ +6
5.) Kerby Rychel (LW) ......35 ........... 8............ 11........... 19....... -14
6.) Colin Smith (C) ...........37 ........... 6............ 13........... 19........ -4
7.) Andreas Johnsson (LW).37 ........... 8............. 9........... 17........ +3
8.) Tobias Lindberg (LW)....35 ........... 5............. 9........... 14........ +5
9.) Colin Greening (C)........34 ........... 6............. 7........... 13......... 0
10.) Rinat Valiev (D)..........34 ........... 2............. 7............. 9........ +1
11.) Travis Dermott (D)......24 ........... 0............. 9............ 9........ +3
12.) Dmytro Timashov (D)..30 ........... 4............. 3............ 7......... -2

Best +/- right now... is Andrew Campbell (D) .... +9

More Marlies Player stats. --> http://www.marlies.ca/team/IndividualStatistics.asp

Last edited:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Apologies.. I was trying to line-up a basic chart for the list above and posted another post.. (edited above)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Leafs fared fairly well on Pronman's mid-season rankings. Kapanen at 22, Bracco at 37 and Leipsic at 50. Plus Woll at 7 for goalies. He also added this tweet.

Personally, I'd disagree with the list but to each their own. I'd say Kapanen at the top in undisputable. But I think I'd comfortably have Grundstrom ahead of Bracco and Leipsic. Also would probably have Dermott at #2 overall. I might just overly high on Dermott, but I see a guy who I think is a fairly safe bet to be a good top 4 defender with potential to take a big step. While not tall he is stocky, has good vision and is a great skater. Neilsen probably has a higher ceiling due to his powerplay abilities, but the skating scares me. I see Dermott as an ideal fit on this team, based on skating, positioning and ability to avoid being forechecked and make a quick pass up ice.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Leafs fared fairly well on Pronman's mid-season rankings. Kapanen at 22, Bracco at 37 and Leipsic at 50. Plus Woll at 7 for goalies. He also added this tweet.

Personally, I'd disagree with the list but to each their own. I'd say Kapanen at the top in undisputable. But I think I'd comfortably have Grundstrom ahead of Bracco and Leipsic. Also would probably have Dermott at #2 overall. I might just overly high on Dermott, but I see a guy who I think is a fairly safe bet to be a good top 4 defender with potential to take a big step. While not tall he is stocky, has good vision and is a great skater. Neilsen probably has a higher ceiling due to his powerplay abilities, but the skating scares me. I see Dermott as an ideal fit on this team, based on skating, positioning and ability to avoid being forechecked and make a quick pass up ice.

I'm still struggling to see the Grundstrom allure, in a vacuum at least. I can see his skillset being very useful in a "better Hyman" type role, but I haven't seen any flash that makes me think he can be a really good top 6'er on his own. I hope I'm wrong, he just hasn't looked capable of carrying the puck through traffic or making plays to me, good at playing ugly and a pretty good shot with a ton of compete. Kapanen/Bracco I could certainly see being occasional allstars if they pan out, and Leipsic still just reeks of Marchand/Gallagher to me

With Pronman's biases to super-skilled players I'm not surprised at the order of the Leaf prospects or that Grundstrom isn't there

Anyway, hope I'm wrong about Grundstrom

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Grundstrom's allure is that he looks like a safe bet to be an effective third liner currently. His ceiling could be a complimentary scoring/grinding PITA winger - like Hornqvist

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Grundstrom's allure is that he looks like a safe bet to be an effective third liner currently. His ceiling could be a complimentary scoring/grinding PITA winger - like Hornqvist

Ya I can see that, but understand why Bracco/Leipsic would be rated above that based on ceiling

Hornqvist seems like a bit of a stretch to me, I've heard the comparison before but Hornqvist has a little flash that I haven't seen in Grundstrom

I won't claim to be an authority on him though, everything I've seen is highlights, so if a poster like 93Leafs who does a ton of prospect research thinks he's a very good prospect than that makes me feel better about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad