Prospect Info: Discussion: Prospects and Marlies Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Didn't see it posted. BC lost to BU again this time. They lost 3-0. No idea of the quality of the goals, but Woll allowed 2 goals on 31 shots with the third one being an empty netter.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Thanks, Kiwi..
I listen to everyone.. I just don't lose sleep over it, because different people like different things..
It would be a boring world.., if we were all exactly alike.. :)

New 2016-17 2nd-Half Pump just added into the Roster Video thread, for those interested..

Keep doing what you're doing. You actually contribute to the Leafs community, by gathering footage and portraying the young players the way you do.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Anyone know what happened to Shane Conacher? He was signed last year to play for the Marlies this year but he hasn't played anywhere.

Also, any chance we give Tyler Wong a Marlies contract?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Anyone know what happened to Shane Conacher? He was signed last year to play for the Marlies this year but he hasn't played anywhere.

Also, any chance we give Tyler Wong a Marlies contract?

I think it's possible. They clearly have some level of interest since they gave him an ATO at the end of last season. I doubt he would actually play for the Marlies given the amount of wingers that need developing, but he could be given an AHL contract and then sent to Orlando.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Shane Conacher has a really serious shoulder injury apparently, and it may have ended his hockey career. He's rehabbing right now, so at best he may come back next year.

Likely won't be playing for the Marlies. More likely the Marlies use their own wingers or fresher blood like Wong.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Shane Conacher has a really serious shoulder injury apparently, and it may have ended his hockey career. He's rehabbing right now, so at best he may come back next year.

Likely won't be playing for the Marlies. More likely the Marlies use their own wingers or fresher blood like Wong.

He's not very good (Conacher). He should have stayed in school and finished his degree.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Who do you guys think is most likely to get the call-up if Rielly is out? We already have Corrado as an extra Dman but that would depend on whether Babcock is willing to play a right shot on the left side.

If not we're probably looking at one of Nielsen, Dermott, or Valiev. Even though he was injured for much of the year, in terms of style of play I could see it being Dermott as his game is somewhat similar to Rielly.

Haven't watched enough of the Marlies to have an opinion beyond that though. How has Dermott looked? I know Nielsen is putting up points.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Who do you guys think is most likely to get the call-up if Rielly is out? We already have Corrado as an extra Dman but that would depend on whether Babcock is willing to play a right shot on the left side.

If not we're probably looking at one of Nielsen, Dermott, or Valiev. Even though he was injured for much of the year, in terms of style of play I could see it being Dermott as his game is somewhat similar to Rielly.

Haven't watched enough of the Marlies to have an opinion beyond that though. How has Dermott looked? I know Nielsen is putting up points.

No one marincin is working his way back and Corrado is sitting there until then. They may call up a pressbox d but this is the entire reason Corrado has been sitting all year long

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
No one marincin is working his way back and Corrado is sitting there until then. They may call up a pressbox d but this is the entire reason Corrado has been sitting all year long
Babcock likes his leftys and rightys on defense. I'd say there's a legitimate chance someone else gets called up.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I think whoever comes up plays with Carrick. If its long-term it is probably Marancin when he comes back. Short-term probably Valiev. They might have gave Dermott a shot if he didn't have the set back. Nielsen is not ready to play in the NHL, it could give him shell shock. Let him stay down be an offensive contributor and work heavily on his skating.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Keep doing what you're doing. You actually contribute to the Leafs community, by gathering footage and portraying the young players the way you do.

Much appreciated.., McM...

-----------

Missed this the other day..

eric-faille-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-poses-for-his-official-for-picture-id490840484

Count how many times in the video that he moved back and forth, between the Marlies & Solar Bears.. :amazed:

Eric Faille
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Jul 27 1989 -- Lachine, PQ
27 yrs. ago
Height 6.00 -- Weight 180

RECENT STATS:

2014-15 - Texas Stars - AHL
21 Games... 2 Goals... 4 Assists... 6 Points... +/- 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15 - Fort Wayne Komets - ECHL
45 Games... 27 Goals... 27 Assists... 54 Points... +11 *PPG+
2015-16 - Orlando Solar Bears - ECHL
56 Games... 24 Goals... 36 Assists... 60 Points... +14 *PPG+
2015-16 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
15 Games... 7 Goals... 3 Assists... 10 Points... +5
*2016-17 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
1 Game... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... +/- 0
*2016-17 - Orlando Solar Bears - ECHL
38 Games... 16 Goals... 26 Assists... 42 Points... +24 *PPG+

In Faille's Evening: Eric Faille 2015-16 Goals & Highlights - TML (HD)

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Much appreciated.., McM...

-----------

Missed this the other day..

eric-faille-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-poses-for-his-official-for-picture-id490840484

Count how many times in the video that he moved back and forth, between the Marlies & Solar Bears.. :amazed:

Eric Faille
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Jul 27 1989 -- Lachine, PQ
28 yrs. ago
Height 6.00 -- Weight 180

RECENT STATS:

2014-15 - Texas Stars - AHL
21 Games... 2 Goals... 4 Assists... 6 Points... +/- 0
2014-15 - Fort Wayne Komets - ECHL
45 Games... 27 Goals... 27 Assists... 54 Points... +11 *PPG+
2015-16 - Orlando Solar Bears - ECHL
56 Games... 24 Goals... 36 Assists... 60 Points... +14 *PPG+
2015-16 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
15 Games... 7 Goals... 3 Assists... 10 Points... +5
*2016-17 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
1 Game... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... +/- 0
*2016-17 - Orlando Solar Bears - ECHL
38 Games... 16 Goals... 26 Assists... 42 Points... +24 *PPG+

In Faille's Evening: Eric Faille 2015-16 Goals & Highlights - TML (HD)

I keep reading his name as "Epic Fail"

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015

Out of curiosity where did you hear about that? I thought he played decent with the Marlies last year.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Out of curiosity where did you hear about that? I thought he played decent with the Marlies last year.

Not a reliable source, because Conacher apparently fell off the Earth. Leafs reddit had a poster claiming he knew him personally and said he separated his shoulder which required surgery and rehabilitation.

Also said that he will require a minimum of 2 months (which given the post was out there on December 2nd, would mean February 2nd), that he's still in Toronto and in touch with Marlies management, and that once he's healthy he'll probably go to Orlando. Leafs apparently like him a lot.

Seems legit enough for me. Otherwise who cares. AHL deal... This crop isn't terrible. I was going to say it'd be brand new next year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see most of them back next year, including most of the young guys (if they want to come back). Cameranesi looks strong. Add Wong and maybe Toninato to that list and you've got a handful of good depth prospects or role players for the Marlies next year. Cameranesi and Toninato already have a ton of experience playing against older players as well, and have looked pretty good. Given our lack of depth at center, both could stick with the Marlies full time next year.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I keep reading his name as "Epic Fail"

..Maybe gain a different perspective, from how his name is really pronounced: "Fy-eel"...
He's slippery and can get through some tight areas, for a big guy..

That is irony.

This bashing of players before anything even happens.. and just for personal amusement.., is a little childish.., imo.. The guy does have a good mind for the game and some scoring talent.., even if he is an over-ager.. (The Goat would probably agree with me..) :)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
..Maybe gain a different perspective, from how his name is really pronounced: "Fy-eel"...
He's slippery and can get through some tight areas, for a big guy..

This bashing of players before anything even happens.. and just for personal amusement.., is a little childish.., imo.. The guy does have a good mind for the game and some scoring talent.., even if he is an over-ager.. (The Goat would probably agree with me..) :)

He's going to be 28 in a few months so it's been a long time for something to happen. I cannot see him making it to the nhl at this point. He is a good pro hockey player at the lower levels but at his age do you think he will ever play 100 nhl games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad