Prospect Info: Discussion: Prospects and Marlies Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Lindberg has been playing regularly with Froese and Leipsic, since Leipsic returned from injury. Unless they change lines after lineups are announced.

I'm sorry to say not very effectively, he's been a disappointment this year up to now.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
unfortunately

they've disappointed, no growth has been apparent.

Loov, like the goat, has a game that is excellent for transition to the pros. He could already be doing a better job in the bottom pairing than either hunwick or polak. It is a bit frustrating that he does not get that opportunity. Hopefully later this season or to start the next.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'm curious how greenway has been playing this year.. he got a few points at the start of the season but hasn't done much since. I went over to the NCAA board to check out the badgers thread... apparently their team defense is pretty horrible, but they feel greenways a good piece to build around. Comments are about him ragdolling other teams with ease.

I really hope we strike gold with this guy. He's got all of the tools to turn into something great for us. Big, physical, fast, and he's got the offensive potential too.
Granato said they have implemented a new defensive system and the whole core is having adjustment issues.
The knock on greenway is consistency but granato says it's a normal thing and Greenway's smarts are allowing him to grasp the new system but obviously needs some polishing.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
I'm sorry to say not very effectively, he's been a disappointment this year up to now.

Is this from stat-watching, or actually watching the games?

Not saying you are wrong in your assessment, I expected a bit more from him statistically as well, but the team as a whole is scoring over a goal less/game, so makes sense to see a dip in production.

Would be interested to hear how he is playing from people that get to watch the Marlies, as he is expected to be a bottom 6 type guy, how's his compete, does he still have 4th line upside?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Loov, like the goat, has a game that is excellent for transition to the pros. He could already be doing a better job in the bottom pairing than either hunwick or polak. It is a bit frustrating that he does not get that opportunity. Hopefully later this season or to start the next.

I'm in this camp. Loov needs a shot later this year.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I'd give Loov a shot, but not really because I think he deserves it. He arrived in NA with some real solid looking potential, but hasn't made any strides in development at all since. Give him a shot now because it certainly doesn't look like more seasoning will do anything at this point.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'm in this camp. Loov needs a shot later this year.

I think this goes the same for Valiev who (im not sure why) I feel is next dman call up. Loov plays a riskier game and Valiev di ok last year for 10 games. But doesn't matter I would rather either of those 2 (or both!!) get some experience this year see what we have there

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I think this goes the same for Valiev who (im not sure why) I feel is next dman call up. Loov plays a riskier game and Valiev di ok last year for 10 games. But doesn't matter I would rather either of those 2 (or both!!) get some experience this year see what we have there

The issue is Hunwick is playing very well and we are in a playoff hunt...Unlikely they see time with us baring injury.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The issue is Hunwick is playing very well and we are in a playoff hunt...Unlikely they see time with us baring injury.

as I have said for me I trade Hunwick as soon as the offer hits 2nd rd pick, a UFA signed purely as a draft pick should still be used as one same goes for Polak.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
as I have said for me I trade Hunwick as soon as the offer hits 2nd rd pick, a UFA signed purely as a draft pick should still be used as one same goes for Polak.

I dont necessarily disagree but i'd be surprised to see this as Babcock is a very competitive guy and its undeniable that Hunwick is playing well this year.

Another factor is i think last year a lot of the league learned on those ****** rentals, they almost always look much worse when going from bad team to good team. Doubt we would get that 2nd round pick for Hunwick.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I dont necessarily disagree but i'd be surprised to see this as Babcock is a very competitive guy and its undeniable that Hunwick is playing well this year.

Another factor is i think last year a lot of the league learned on those ****** rentals, they almost always look much worse when going from bad team to good team. Doubt we would get that 2nd round pick for Hunwick.

you just said he is playing very well? very well playing 5th dman are a 2nd minimum at the deadline. in any case I would trade him for a 3rd I don't want to keep rentals at all not him or polak for the shot at a playoff "run" (with our d core it is 4-0 out of the playoffs).

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
It's from the famed Freebird reservoir of optimism and positive thinking.

I love the guy but his production just hasn't lived up to previous years, it's apparent that Babcock doesn't like him, and I've noticed he's making a lot of mistakes this year. I Believe he's a ufa after this year and has seen the writing of the wall that his future is not with the Leafs.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Is this from stat-watching, or actually watching the games?

Not saying you are wrong in your assessment, I expected a bit more from him statistically as well, but the team as a whole is scoring over a goal less/game, so makes sense to see a dip in production.

Would be interested to hear how he is playing from people that get to watch the Marlies, as he is expected to be a bottom 6 type guy, how's his compete, does he still have 4th line upside?

I never miss a Marlie game that's on Leafs TV. Never.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

If the Leafs are in the hunt at the trade deadline it will be interesting to see who runs this organization Babcock or Lou, should be interesting to see who Shanahan agrees with going forward.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
All home games Salty.

That's pretty good then. It's about time they picked up more games.

But lindberg has been good. He plays the retriever role like Hyman and is bigger and stronger and skates just as well.
He was never a scorer.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I didn't realize Dakota Joshua was PPG, now only 2 goals and 7 (50%) of his points are 2nd Assists but it is not a bad sign for the kid, big kid too 6'3" 200

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I will look Seer. I am generally a dine and dash poster - guilty as charged lol. Thanks for the heads-up.

Dakota Joshua is a guy I am intrigued by. Also Greenway for obvious reason. I know nothing much about either.

I am too.., for most of the time, anyway.. Too busy trying to keep up with all or players and prospects.. I think I have montages made for most of our prospects.., except maybe 3-4..? Some have more than one, already..

Thanks, Bullseye..
I don't want to fuel any ire so I will try to be discrete.

Chi Miigwetch! / Niá:wen

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Thanks, Mac.., Appreciated.. :) But some seem to be legit enemies, because they find my videos annoying..? :laugh: (I get messages, too.. Not so much, in here, though.)

Thanks again, WTFMAN99.. Appreciated..

Don't listen to them SEER
Your videos are awesome
Loved the Brooks one

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Don't listen to them SEER
Your videos are awesome
Loved the Brooks one
Thanks, Kiwi..
I listen to everyone.. I just don't lose sleep over it, because different people like different things..
It would be a boring world.., if we were all exactly alike.. :)

New 2016-17 2nd-Half Pump just added into the Roster Video thread, for those interested..

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
I love the guy but his production just hasn't lived up to previous years, it's apparent that Babcock doesn't like him, and I've noticed he's making a lot of mistakes this year. I Believe he's a ufa after this year and has seen the writing of the wall that his future is not with the Leafs.

Are you still talking about Lindberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad