Speculation: Discussing the Next GM (Part 2)

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
One without Price for a long period, one without Weber , but yeah ...

That said, from Beaulieu, Tinordi, and Leblanc as top prospects we have now Romanov, KK, Suzuki, Poehling, Caufield, Primeau,Brook , Norlander . Also, Domi, Tatar, Drouin, Armia ,Danault and Gallagher are all still young ... we were the 30th older formation in 2012, and now we are the top3 younger attack of the NHL, we have extras draft selections again this summer and 8 m$ to re-sign our free agents .

I don't say it's perfect, but i think that we are not as bad as a lot of fans imagine

Oooh historical revisionism...

We were already putrid in 17-18 before Weber got injured. We were under ,500 when Weber left.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Not a Bergevin hater or lover and more in the middle these days but something to think about.... He went after Gardiner before Chiarot didn't he? Boy did he ever get lucky!

-18 with the Canes (worse on the team) and the next guy close to him is -7. Think about that for a minute! Most of the other D man on the Canes are -5, -2, or a + player. Some people just drool over offensive and don't look at context. Go look at who Gardiner was before the 3 kids were inserted? His stats were inflated cause he played on a offensive team. Take away his production cause of the team he played with, he becomes a depth Defensive like Beaulieu. Good skater, good puck movement but **** brains for IQ and not so good in their own end.

Don't be so desperate to sign any available LD cause we need one. Wait for a prospect to take the spot or the right guy. Chiarot does not get enough credit IMO. He's been great for us! Some people would think Ghost is the guy we should get but really, we need a Brodin type who can play well at both ends. Lets just wait for Romanov, Harris, Norlinder, Struble to get in the 21-23 age range. Chiarot is the bridge and Mete is still growing at 21.

Bergevin should be fired for thinking Gardiner was a solution IMO. I would love to know the term he would of gave Gardiner? Anything more than 1 year would of been a massive mistake.

He also almost signed Lucic instead of Radu.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I rather we stop hiring former players as GM. Houle, Gainey, Bergevin... none have worked out for us. Get someone younger with a fresh mindset.

Funny you bring this, I just check and in the past 20 years, Jim Rutherford and Brian MacLellan (Ken Holland played 4 games) are the only GM who played in the NHL that won a Cup.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I like Marc Bergevin. I don't want to change GM's. I love what he's done with the team. I want more but he's done as much as he could in his position imo. Made a couple mistakes but way way way more massive positives. Am I the only fan left who likes this regime? Lol
Am I really the only one who likes the Weber trade, Drouin? Domi? Suzuki and Tatar? Petry? Caufield? Kotkaniemi? Romanov? Julien? Is he really the useless tool everyone thinks he is? Really? I think he's a GM of the team with the most rabid fans in hockey in an era of unprecedented parity in sports and without a doubt the most impatient generation that's ever existed on planet earth. Go habs:thumbu:
No playoffs in 2 seasons and he's on his way to a 3rd consecutive year. One of the worst Gm's in the league and the worst we've had since Houle.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
31 Thoughts: A 'Code of Conduct' is coming to the NHL - Sportsnet.ca

11. I was surprised GM Marc Bergevin followed through on his trip to Russia with the Canadiens in such a bad run. But they beat the Islanders to end the winless streak, and maybe Bergevin should stay overseas to keep the karma. Missing the playoffs is not an option. It’s impossible not to see major change if that happens again. Other teams really respect Montreal’s prospect base, but how do you bridge the gap from now until those players are ready? Bergevin’s not afraid to make bold moves, but, if you look at this history, he doesn’t do it during the season. His biggest was Jeff Petry at the 2015 deadline. This “feels” different, though, and I wonder if one of the reasons he continued with his Russia visit was that he wants to know what he can count on for next year before making any major moves this year.
12. Montreal took a long look at Alec Martinez before he was injured. The Shayne Gostisbehere rumours were denied.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
From an entertainment standpoint, I like Marc Bergevin because he's a funny guy (remember at a GMs meeting where he took a plant to hide himself from Pierre Lebrun and other TSN Sports commentators?). I will be sad to see him let go.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'd sooner re-hire Rejean Houle as GM and Mario Tremblay as head coach.

Two proven failures over someone, although totally unproven as an excutive, with high hockey knowledge.

Good thing you're not the one doing the hiring.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I like Marc Bergevin. I don't want to change GM's. I love what he's done with the team. I want more but he's done as much as he could in his position imo. Made a couple mistakes but way way way more massive positives. Am I the only fan left who likes this regime? Lol
Am I really the only one who likes the Weber trade, Drouin? Domi? Suzuki and Tatar? Petry? Caufield? Kotkaniemi? Romanov? Julien? Is he really the useless tool everyone thinks he is? Really? I think he's a GM of the team with the most rabid fans in hockey in an era of unprecedented parity in sports and without a doubt the most impatient generation that's ever existed on planet earth. Go habs:thumbu:

Agreed with all of this. People talk about the core he inherited and how good it was, when in reality the team he inherited ended so bad the entire management had to be cleaned out. Patience is needed if we want to see results, not opening the door to hiring errors.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
With the club so close to a playoff spot and with a prospect pool that is acknowledged as one of the better ones in the league, MB is not going anywhere.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but that's how Molson will see it.

Reactions: dinodebino

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I know it's not the best source, but they have hit on a few things in the past that don't have to do with trades. Apparently they're afraid he'll get fired and it won't look good in their advertising.

Reactions: Tighthead

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I know it's not the best source, but they have hit on a few things in the past that don't have to do with trades. Apparently they're afraid he'll get fired and it won't look good in their advertising.

What have they hit on? Genuinely curious.

It's a trash site. Worse than Eklund imo

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Agreed with all of this. People talk about the core he inherited and how good it was, when in reality the team he inherited ended so bad the entire management had to be cleaned out. Patience is needed if we want to see results, not opening the door to hiring errors.
almost a decade already...

Arhidia

Jan 6, 2019
Hopefully serge savard isn’t asked for advice next time.
How about habs get a president who doesn’t need to ask for advice

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hopefully serge savard isn’t asked for advice next time.
How about habs get a president who doesn’t need to ask for advice
Agreed.............let's get someone as a President, and let Mol$on count his money as an owner...

We are not a well structured team at all.......from the top down. Why can't they see this????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad