Speculation: Discussing the Next GM (Part 2)

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
A lot of posters here know my position on him as GM. I still can’t fathom he has lasted this long. Does this current losing streak put a lot of pressure on his job security or is it status quo in the front office. It’s been years since I have respected the words coming out of the front office, but their actions scream they have no clue where they are going. I can’t believe that signing Price to a 10.5M contract for 8 years allows for MB to ice a losing roster.

Is the end near?

Reactions: DAChampion

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Can't believe he's still GM.

Anyone have sources within the org ? Please tell me they're at least discussing the possibility of changing the GM
They would have to be talking about this.............I would think, they would have talked about it in the summer, where by if the Habs started off this season rough, they would be ready. At this point I would think Youppi would be a better choice. I really could care less who it is going forward, just bite the bullet Geoff.

Fire this clown!!

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
The General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens:
BareEuphoricBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I dont see him getting fired anytime soon, even though he deserves to be.

Honestly, when the time comes, I wouldn't be shocked at all if instead of firing him, Molson just promotes him to president of hockey operations.

That's the level of stupidity that this team has sunk to.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Are any media speculating, credibly, that he is on thin ice?

I didn’t hear McGuire on 690 today.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
His firing would just open the door to another GM who won't do any better. But at least they will speak French.
If we have learned anything here, is that sports and politics don't mix. We have gotten zero results with hiring the wrong people, because of language.

At some point the Habs will understand you have to hire the best people for the job, no matter what they speak...

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
If we have learned anything here, is that sports and politics don't mix. We have gotten zero results with hiring the wrong people, because of language.

At some point the Habs will understand you have to hire the best people for the job, no matter what they speak...

Agreed. But this won't happen anytime soon. Apart from the fact that I haven't been convinced a different GM would have made this team better at this point, our pool of candidates is severely limited due to language restrictions in comparison to everyone else.

Reactions: BLONG7

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I'd wager he will fire Kirk as his get outta jail card. Kirk will fall first.

Please bring Xmas early and fire that GM... like HF Habs will have a melt down of excitement..... until they name MT as GM. :cry::cry:

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
There have been so many instances where I was sure Bergevin was done as GM, and I’ve been wrong everytime, this is just another rough patch I’m sure he’ll weasel himself out of.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I just don't see any progress with this franchise since Gainey. A lot of people love to talk about his tenure but I find he picked a direction and he tried. We all hate the Gomez trade but that trade with the UFA signings actually brought the team further in the playoffs then any team since the Cup win in 93. Sure he got fleeced, but that's why I keep saying it's not the end of the world to lose a trade if he makes you a better team. Gomez made the Habs better for a very short period of time, but as a kid in 93, that year was the most exciting hockey I watched as an adult.

And then we start looking at the roster, the prospects. The Habs prospects weren't great because they kept drafting at 15+. The fact they picked the wrong players didn't help either.

But just look at the roster turnover from 11-12 and through the years. No impact players in, none out until Subban was traded for Weber.

The top 10 for the Habs in 12-13: Max, PK, Pleks, Markov, Eller, Gallagher, DD, Galchenyuk, Gionta, Ryder
The top 10 for the Habs in 13-14: Max, PK, Pleks, Markov, Eller, Gallagher, DD, Galchenyuk, Gionta, Briere
The top 10 for the Habs in 14-15: Max, PK, Pleks, Markov, Eller, Gallagher, DD, Galchenyuk, Weise, Parenteau
The top 10 for the Habs in 16-17: Max, Markov, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Byron, Radulov, Weber, Danault, Shaw, Lehkonen
The top 10 for the Habs in 17-18: Max, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pleks Petry, Byron, Weber, Danault, Lehkonen, Hudon
The top 10 for the Habs in 18-19: Gallagher, Domi, Tatar, Drouin, Petry, Byron, Weber, Danault, KK ,Shaw

The more he changed things from the previous regime, the worse the team got. 16-17 worked out well because Radulov was the only full season impact player he acquired without giving up something else. This man just doesn't know what he's doing.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he'll can julien first...but i expect him to be fired by next spring...
heard some crazy rumour...everyone is getting fired and savard will
be custodian until they find new team in the spring

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad