Speculation: Discussing the Next GM (Part 2)

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Toronto media was going ballistic after a 4-game losing streak. We just lost 8 in a row and I haven't heard any grumblings in the media whatsoever towards Bergevin specifically. Aside from maybe Gagnon but even he didn't suggest replacing him, only that he deserved some blame.

My guess he's safe until end of next season.

Have you looked at their roster vs ours? They shouldn’t be losing as many games as they have. They should be a top 5 team. Toronto has less points than us!!!! Even after our 8 game losing streak.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Have you looked at their roster vs ours? They shouldn’t be losing as many games as they have. They should be a top 5 team. Toronto has less points than us!!!! Even after our 8 game losing streak.
Bergevin has been here for how long again?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lucic , bonino , Eriksson , alzner , Turris , the list is long of bergevin trying to get trash players

I had forgotten about Eriksson and Turris.

The list is now expanded to:

Bonino, Belesky, Lucic, Eriksson, Turris and Alzner.

Anyone else we're missing?

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I had forgotten about Eriksson and Turris.

The list is now expanded to:

Bonino, Belesky, Lucic, Eriksson, Turris and Alzner.

Anyone else we're missing?
Where we are right now as opposed to where we could be if Bergevin had signed the guys you listed is nothing short of a miracle.

Reactions: BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Where we are right now as opposed to where we could be if Bergevin had signed the guys you listed is nothing short of a miracle.

We might be in a better place, actually.

There would be no way for Bergevin to have survived that kind of self-mutilation.

We would have had a new GM cleaning up the pieces and doing the work to take the team in a new direction.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Bergevin the buffoon always say's if you make the playoffs ....anything can happen....if that was true then why is Bergevin not trying to make the playoffs.

Reactions: hvac412

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I think the number of years left on MB's contract will dictate whether he gets replaced or not...

2 years left, unless I'm mistaken. At 5 a pop. That's 10 millions, to pay a guy to stay home.

I don't see it happening this year, maybe next.
But look at all the money Marc has saved him?

Jul 6, 2016
Bergevin the buffoon always say's if you make the playoffs ....anything can happen....if that was true then why is Bergevin not trying to make the playoffs.

Right now, Habs are in the Playoffs.... If they would had played .500 in the last 10 games, they would had a better grip on the second position overall in their division.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We might be in a better place, actually.

There would be no way for Bergevin to have survived that kind of self-mutilation.

We would have had a new GM cleaning up the pieces and doing the work to take the team in a new direction.
8 years of average to bad have not taken him down, I'm not sure that this would have either.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Right now, Habs are in the Playoffs.... If they would had played .500 in the last 10 games, they would had a better grip on the second position overall in their division.
In the playoffs who cares....Bergevin has missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years and has done nothing to try and make the playoffs....last year biggest weaknesses for Montreal PP and back up goalie he did nothing to address it form game 1 to game 82....this year adds zero size,no scoring....Drouin goes down he does nothing ...still needs another D and has not spent his ca space in 3 straight years.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Two proven failures over someone, although totally unproven as an excutive, with high hockey knowledge.

Good thing you're not the one doing the hiring.

I honestly cannot comprehend what makes Pierre McGuire an attractive choice to anyone for GM. He's just a creepy little dude with an idiot-savant skill for remembering prospects.

From Bergevin to him is like from Jerry Lewis to Chucky.

Nephasted

Jan 29, 2018
Maybe its time to name a President of hockey operation.. Molson dosent know anything about hockey!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
In the playoffs who cares....Bergevin has missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years and has done nothing to try and make the playoffs....last year biggest weaknesses for Montreal PP and back up goalie he did nothing to address it form game 1 to game 82....this year adds zero size,no scoring....Drouin goes down he does nothing ...still needs another D and has not spent his ca space in 3 straight years.

This need to characterize Drouin as some kind of superstar after a couple of good months is astonishing to me (not suggesting you said it, I'm just piggybacking on your post). I'm not sure he'll ever be a legit 1st liner in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad