OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cuatro

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Barcelona had their fun. They could have fixed their finances when they were warned 8 years ago. They didn't and paid for it. It sucks for Messi but this is a major victory for soccer in general. One of the big spenders fallen.

That being said i want to see how PSG fit under FFP now if they don't sell Mbappe within a year.

I think they know Mbappe is gone. Will be interesting to watch how that big 3 up front interact.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Barcelona had their fun. They could have fixed their finances when they were warned 8 years ago. They didn't and paid for it. It sucks for Messi but this is a major victory for soccer in general. One of the big spenders fallen.

That being said i want to see how PSG fit under FFP now if they don't sell Mbappe within a year.

No problem for PSG.
UEFA will punish instead someone from Romania or Poland :sarcasm:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Risky signing with his injury issues. Not really surprised he's hurt again.

Barcelona in a full-on crisis mode. Will they even get to CL spot next season?

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Risky signing with his injury issues. Not really surprised he's hurt again.

Barcelona in a full-on crisis mode. Will they even get to CL spot next season?

Depay is legit and Griezmann is too when he's engaged. I think they'll still be able to score but you wonder about the midfield and defense with the mix of old and young. Alba, Pique, and Busquets aren't spring chickens anymore and if the latter two are my core up the middle I'm a little concerned about speed.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Depay is legit and Griezmann is too when he's engaged. I think they'll still be able to score but you wonder about the midfield and defense with the mix of old and young. Alba, Pique, and Busquets aren't spring chickens anymore and if the latter two are my core up the middle I'm a little concerned about speed.

Depay is legit. Will Griezmann stay there though? He's on a massive contract and has been offered all around Europe.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Depay is legit. Will Griezmann stay there though? He's on a massive contract and has been offered all around Europe.

Maybe. I thought he might leave for PSG but Messi spending there may prohibt that now. Given the injuries to forwards at Barca he might have a chance to really take a lot of the spotlight and set up the next huge deal.

My take on him has been "better in intl tournaments than at club level" though he's still good overall.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Maybe. I thought he might leave for PSG but Messi spending there may prohibt that now. Given the injuries to forwards at Barca he might have a chance to really take a lot of the spotlight and set up the next huge deal.

My take on him has been "better in intl tournaments than at club level" though he's still good overall.

They sure are trying to get rid of him because they are still stuck with Dembele and Coutinho who they have tried to move for years that are on a massive wages too. Griezmann is the guy that someone might actually consider but even with him they might have to eat some of his salary and i'm not sure what kind of transfer fee they would get for him or if it would be just a loan move to get rid of his wages.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Just thinking ESPN must be pissed that Messi left Liga as soon as they bought the rights.

Going to wait and see how bad the peacock schedule is. I may have to give in and pay for that shit this year. Ugh.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Just thinking ESPN must be pissed that Messi left Liga as soon as they bought the rights.

Going to wait and see how bad the peacock schedule is. I may have to give in and pay for that shit this year. Ugh.

They will have either Mbappe or Haaland in a year though.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
or both….

I wouldn't rule it out but a lot would need to happen for that and i'm not sure how good that would be for the overall competition. They both want to go to Real and as things stand that's the only realistic club for them in Spain. But as things stand Real Madrid is in a crisis of their own. They have over 900 million in debt and need to cut costs too. Haaland is going to be cheap in terms of transfer fee but the overall package is still going to be insane and the transfer will cost likely around 200 million too in total. Mbappe could demand that much with a transfer fee alone. They are both going right up there in the highest wage category which would mean that if Real were to actually cut costs they would have to move several players to offset their books. But then again it's Spain and Florentino Perez could just as easily think that everything will just fix itself in the long run, sign both and then be in the same situation as Barcelona soon.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I know you hate it out of principle but I’m enjoying Peacock and kept it after my six month free trial ended. Solid selection of shows and movies including some of the classic series like Parks and Rec, Brooklyn Nine Nine, and The Office. It was also my go to for Olympic coverage and highlights. And there’s a kids channel with decent stuff on it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I know you hate it out of principle but I’m enjoying Peacock and kept it after my six month free trial ended. Solid selection of shows and movies including some of the classic series like Parks and Rec, Brooklyn Nine Nine, and The Office. It was also my go to for Olympic coverage and highlights. And there’s a kids channel with decent stuff on it.

I caved as well….decent content.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
*sigh*

I'm in

/kicks rocks
bruce-boudreau-darn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.