OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cuatro

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Kane to City would be very disappointing from a parity standpoint.

I don't think so. Are they even front-runners as is? Liverpool get Van Dijk back and Chelsea youngsters have another year of experience and will return better than last season.

I don't really get why City are buying Grealish rather than Kane though. That leaves them with Gabriel Jesus upfront. I don't think they can get both as they are under finance investigation still.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Premier League outlines stricter guidelines against ‘buying’ penalties, looser laws on offside reviews

Coincidental but appropriate that Kane's image is the still in the video player at the top, when the topic is using contact to draw penalties.

Also, THIS:

upload_2021-8-5_8-12-40.png

Basically it sounds like they've created a buffer of X width for offside. I'm not sure what the exact measurement of the "broadcast lines" equates to in terms of body parts.

Team SWOLEvechkin

Oct 4, 2019
I don't think so. Are they even front-runners as is? Liverpool get Van Dijk back and Chelsea youngsters have another year of experience and will return better than last season.

City should still be the favorites, they have more depth and attacking options than practically any other team, and a much stronger D than the rest. ManU made some big signings, and Lukaku or Haaland to Chelsea would certainly move the needle, but yeah, it's not great for parity. Would be surprised if the CL spots didn't feature Chelsea and the Mans. Everyone else is fighting for a Europa spot. Gonna be easy to root against the big clubs, esp if Kane and Grealish decide they'd rather have hardware than competition.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Chelsea should move on from their ridiculous plan to buy Lukaku and sign Messi instead. They along with PSG are the only realistic teams in Europe for him now that City pulled away.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Chelsea should move on from their ridiculous plan to buy Lukaku and sign Messi instead. They along with PSG are the only realistic teams in Europe for him now that City pulled away.

Does City really pull away, though? I wonder if there's fire behind the smoke now. Especially with Kane ducking camp and no real word on where he'll land. Rumors of him to MC might slow and he might be off elsewhere soon.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Does City really pull away, though? I wonder if there's fire behind the smoke now. Especially with Kane ducking camp and no real word on where he'll land. Rumors of him to MC might slow and he might be off elsewhere soon.

I don't think they are signing either Kane or Messi. They would have to raise a lot of money to do either after buying Grealish. They are still under investigation by the Premier League too so hard to see them spending that much money.

If Messi wants to make the kind of money he was prepared to make in Barcelona there is no way he signs in Europe though. Nobody is going to give him the kind of wages he used to have and nobody is going to give him a 5-year contract like Barcelona wanted to.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Messi leaving Barcelona must be like a slap in the face for Aguero too. He's very close with Messi and i'm sure playing with him was a big reason for him to sign there despite a big wage cut.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'm moving to DC in a few weeks, and I might end up switching picking up the Caps as my number two team.
You guys having an active soccer thread makes it that much better. Anybody else follow Serie A?

Reactions: Silky mitts

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm moving to DC in a few weeks, and I might end up switching picking up the Caps as my number two team.
You guys having an active soccer thread makes it that much better. Anybody else follow Serie A?

I watch some of all the top leagues in Europe. Mostly EPL and International talk here.

Reactions: kerrabria

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don’t like it. Hope I’m wrong.

Chelsea at it's best again. Yet another player who they gave up on too soon after not even giving them a realistic chance. Add him to the list that already includes De Bruyne, Salah and lots of other names.

Lukaku is a great player. I'm not sure how suited he is to English football though. 4th time the charm?

I'm sure this means that Dortmund and Haaland gave them a firm no, as expected. That's the route they wanted to go earlier and why not? Haaland just turned 21 and is already the better player. Kicked of the season with a hattrick and now up to 60 goals in 60 games with Dortmund. But he has his eyes set on Spain already.

Last edited:
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Barcelona had their fun. They could have fixed their finances when they were warned 8 years ago. They didn't and paid for it. It sucks for Messi but this is a major victory for soccer in general. One of the big spenders fallen.

That being said i want to see how PSG fit under FFP now if they don't sell Mbappe within a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad