OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cinco

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oof, that hurts.

Super oof.
1700232192317.png

Fighting for their EPL lives again. It's like an episode of Gilligan's Island and no matter what they do they keep getting hit on the head by coconuts.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Against might Azerbaijan, who are already down a man….
Good teams play shit teams all the time including with a red card and you still don't see a lot of 4g games.

I know everyone hates him now but he's still pretty good in the box

Eirikrautha

I have never seen anyone lose their mind on a soccer field (for no apparent reason) like Dest did. I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised if he went all Antonio Brown and stripped off his shirt on the way down the tunnel. He's such a solid player, but I don't know how you play him without some serious repercussions. Sure, we went through on aggregate, but it was so selfish...

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I have never seen anyone lose their mind on a soccer field (for no apparent reason) like Dest did. I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised if he went all Antonio Brown and stripped off his shirt on the way down the tunnel. He's such a solid player, but I don't know how you play him without some serious repercussions. Sure, we went through on aggregate, but it was so selfish...
one of the strangest, childish, overreactions to a nothing play

Looked like when the linesman called the throw in where it looked like he may have kept it in he just snaps and goes brain dead stupid and freaks over the non-call from the attacking 3rd from the previous play (a non-call which happens dozens of times every match)
Wonder what down halftime in the locker room

Bizarre.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Am I allowed to complain about Gregg taking Gio off and keeping two strikers on when they went down a man or is that being too negative?

World class man-baby performance by Dest. That was sad to watch. Wonder if something else is going on with him because that was quite a reaction to something pretty innocuous.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Am I allowed to complain about Gregg taking Gio off and keeping two strikers on when they went down a man or is that being too negative?

World class man-baby performance by Dest. That was sad to watch. Wonder if something else is going on with him because that was quite a reaction to something pretty innocuous.
I didn’t bother watching but did they continue to play with 2 up top or did one drop into the midfield? I’ve never seen Reyna as a big work rate guy so could that have been it? I don’t know…

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I think Gio is still not 100%, they said he's been averaging 70 mins/gm lately plus the turf was pretty loose and shitty, assuming they didn't want to chance anything for a result that was not going to change qualifying

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I didn’t bother watching but did they continue to play with 2 up top or did one drop into the midfield? I’ve never seen Reyna as a big work rate guy so could that have been it? I don’t know…
They still kept two up top. Gio doesn't have the biggest work rate but he was their best ball handler and distributor and they really struggled after the substitution.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Nice result for Liverpool today when they frankly never looked all that good. Citeh have to be disappointed to have drawn 2 in a row where they were on top and couldn’t hold on.

Sep 19, 2008
watching the premier league in korean has completely changed my view. now i can't miss a game :laugh:

the english commentary is so inferior in comparison.

Son 0 - Aston Villa 0

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
watching the premier league in korean has completely changed my view. now i can't miss a game :laugh:

the english commentary is so inferior in comparison.

Son 0 - Aston Villa 0
It is hard for me to write this but Spuds are a very entertaining team to watch. Postecoglou has done an amazing job there and hopefully someone hires him away the moment the season is over.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
24 team tournaments are always odd IMO. Everyone plays 3 games to knock out 8 teams and the best 4 3rd place teams permutations are often confusing. But you can get some great round of 16 games.

The 1990 World Cup ‘88 European Champions Dutch vs eventual champions West Germany was entertaining as hell. Those two teams were seriously star studded and didn’t like each other at all. Rijkaard and Voller got in a scrap and both got sent off, Rijkaard for spitting on him.

Looks like Turner has definitely lost his job at Forrest, and rightfully so IMO. His last start was over a month ago and what I saw from him while he was playing wasn’t in any way impressive. Unfortunate for US soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad