OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cinco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Not a soccer (err football) fan, but the family and I are about to move to Germany for a few years. We decided to jump into Bundesliga as part of the German experience. For us novice, any tip/suggestions on where to go, games to watch, things to expect to have a good time?

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not a soccer (err football) fan, but the family and I are about to move to Germany for a few years. We decided to jump into Bundesliga as part of the German experience. For us novice, any tip/suggestions on where to go, games to watch, things to expect to have a good time?

wow VERY cool! Any idea who are the club options and who you’ll be rooting for? Going for the local team?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

I've visited Germany few times, never any Frankfurt soccer games but the city is really nice. Their soccer team is pretty good and i think their stadium is the biggest of those 3 and should be pretty cool.

It's some distance away but you should go see the yellow wall in Dortmund when you get the chance, it's really cool.

Also when you get a chance go see Adler Mannheim game. Hockey games in some cities of Germany are really fun and the crowd is crazy.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Honestly surprised this isn’t getting more air time. The videos online and on Twitter are brutal and disturbing, to say the least. Multiple outlets reporting at least 17 are dead with dozens injured. There are videos of security guards opening gates letting fans jump other fans and even a few scenes of guards joining in on the violence.

Mexican soccer needs to be slammed hard both at the club and national level. Liga MX should be canceled for the rest of the season. Neither of these teams should be allowed to play in front of their fans for a minimum of two years. Mexico should be banned from the 2022 World Cup and even if it f***s the US they shouldn’t be allowed to host the 2026 World Cup.

This will go down as one of the worst displays of fan violence in the history of sports. Terribly sad.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Honestly surprised this isn’t getting more air time. The videos online and on Twitter are brutal and disturbing, to say the least. Multiple outlets reporting at least 17 are dead with dozens injured. There are videos of security guards opening gates letting fans jump other fans and even a few scenes of guards joining in on the violence.

Mexican soccer needs to be slammed hard both at the club and national level. Liga MX should be canceled for the rest of the season. Neither of these teams should be allowed to play in front of their fans for a minimum of two years. Mexico should be banned from the 2022 World Cup and even if it f***s the US they shouldn’t be allowed to host the 2026 World Cup.

This will go down as one of the worst displays of fan violence in the history of sports. Terribly sad.

Haven't seen any reports of dead yet but matches are suspended:

Mexico suspends league soccer matches after massive brawl

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I've visited Germany few times, never any Frankfurt soccer games but the city is really nice. Their soccer team is pretty good and i think their stadium is the biggest of those 3 and should be pretty cool.

It's some distance away but you should go see the yellow wall in Dortmund when you get the chance, it's really cool.

Also when you get a chance go see Adler Mannheim game. Hockey games in some cities of Germany are really fun and the crowd is crazy.

Went to an Adler game the last time I was there. Crazy fun atmosphere. I have no idea what I was chanting but I got horse. Thanks for the words

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Went to an Adler game the last time I was there. Crazy fun atmosphere. I have no idea what I was chanting but I got horse. Thanks for the words

one of the best Caps game experiences I’ve ever had, a group of 20 Germans were there behind our seats.…..chanting their asses off the entire game, near non-stop. Great energy.

Reactions: Corby78

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
one of the best Caps game experiences I’ve ever had, a group of 20 Germans were there behind our seats.…..chanting their asses off the entire game, near non-stop. Great energy.
In Korea the local team was the Anyang Halla. The Koreans were pretty quiet, but there was always a section of Canadians who worked in Seoul. They were crazy and borderline scary sometimes. Poor Korean refs….

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Good lord, Everton are straight trash. Cusp of relegation and if they drop it will be well-deserved.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Knew it would get to at least 5 after the 2nd went in. Turned it off already. Might reach 7.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Frank Lampard can't fix your defense? Who would have guessed?

They made such a weird signings too... Alli? Van de Beek? Patterson? All while continuing to deploy back-line of Coleman-Holgate-Keane-Kenny. They did sign Mykolenko who should play but hasn't. Patterson was a back-up in Scottish league. Holgate-Keane pairing would struggle in the Championship too.

I don't think they will go down still though... that would be quite an accomplishment as they still have Richarlison and DCL. We'll see how long will Lampard last there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad