Dirty slew foot by Rust on White

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
In his defense, white kinda leans into rust throwing him off balance. Dont think he tried to slew foot, he's not that kind of player
What are you talking about? Rust is already off balance when he's reaching for the puck. Sees that White has the advantage of beating him to the puck. So he grabs him with his right arm around his leg and kicks out his right foot in a swooping motion. AKA a Slew Foot!

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lol this actually deserves a game. The incidents from the Bruins/Leaf games dont.

This a dirty play for sure

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Watch this get nothing while Lomberg gets 2 games for Dumba going fetal at the blueline.

Really really dirty play. Much worse than Giordano's.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Very dangerous slew foot in the Sens/Pens game. Can't believe it wasn't even a penalty. I could see the league looking at this, maybe a fine. Although the Sens just got a make up call on a "boarding".
And what about the one by Smith on Letang? We'll just ignore that one huh.

Reactions: radapex

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Watch this get nothing while Lomberg gets 2 games for Dumba going fetal at the blueline.

Really really dirty play. Much worse than Giordano's.
Letang got an elbow to the head and slew foot and Crosby got two elbows to the head.

But man that Rust one, major grievance.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Wow. That was pretty bad. I generally think the term slew foot is worse than the actual act. But this one was dangerous at speed and with the head slamming back onto the ice.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
So intentional he got both feet, not even sure how you can pretend that wasn't on purpose.
Letang got an elbow to the head and slew foot and Crosby got two elbows to the head.

But man that Rust one, major grievance.

Penguins fans, remind me what this is called again? "Whataboutism"? Weren't you guys above that or something?

InAllOurLeafsCommand

Apr 9, 2017
Dangerous play. Looking at how the back of his head bounces off the ice, this could have ended a lot worse. No place in the game for this garbage, Rust deserves a phone call to sit for a game or two.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Deserves a few games. You can't just take someone's legs out and pull their upper body back down like that. It could lead to major concussions. Very dangerous play. You'd think this is what the league is trying to get out of the game.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Deserves a few games. You can't just take someone's legs out and pull their upper body back down like that. It could lead to major concussions. Very dangerous play. You'd think this is what the league is trying to get out of the game.

He will get zero games. Its the Malkin special.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
So intentional he got both feet, not even sure how you can pretend that wasn't on purpose.

Penguins fans, remind me what this is called again? "Whataboutism"? Weren't you guys above that or something?
He said it was wrong. Bringing up the other dirty plays the refs missed doesn't excuse this one. Rust should face discipline. Not sure what more people need to hear. Rust was wrong but it is also wrong to elbow people in the head. The refs were terrible and should also face discipline but I won't hold my breath.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I don't understand what Malkin has to do with this?

Malkin has a number of slewfoots throughout his career and has never been suspended. He plays on the same team as Rust who would be a benefactor of the Malkin special treatment.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That’s about as clear a slew foot as you’ll see. Who knows with the league though.

With slew footing they seem to work extra hard to find excuses for the offending players despite it being one of the most dangerous things you can do.

smd333

May 2, 2012
That’s about as clear a slew foot as you’ll see. Who knows with the league though.
100%. It's intent to injure. I do love the typical pensfan response which is bring up other hits that have nothing to do with this hit.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
russianlegsweeo.gif~c200

Suspend Rust for however long you want. The longer the better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trade and Ogrezilla

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Excellent game, marred by some pretty bad officiating. On topic, suspend Rust. Bad play, bad player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad