Dirty slew foot by Rust on White

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I think we all agree Rust's is bad. It was just a horrible job by the refs all game. Two slewfoots, 3 elbows, and whatever the hell that was Tkachuk did to drag Letang to the ice.

But that doesn't fit the narrative!

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Pens fans really going for that whataboutism in this thread eh?
Funny, guess they decided in their “whatsboutism” chat to respond with nothing but it when Pen players are question. Glad other people caught on to that nonsense.

Rust doing exactly what his captain taught him.

Reactions: Koized

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
There was a lot of calls missed in the game, for both teams. I didn’t see the elbows on Crosby, so no clue how bad those were. At least his finger wasn’t chopped off..

As for the OP yeah it’s dirty and deserves a suspension but let’s be real nothing will happen

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Lot of talk about the elbows but don't see any vids posted here.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Lot of talk about the elbows but don't see any vids posted here.

Shocked this one wasn't called, the first elbow I can see sliding given the position it was in and looked far less intentional than the Smith one. Surprised Rust wasn't called but I assume the refs thought they were just tangled up as Rust doesn't have a reputation.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016

Shocked this one wasn't called, the first elbow I can see sliding given the position it was in and looked far less intentional than the Smith one. Surprised Rust wasn't called but I assume the refs thought they were just tangled up as Rust doesn't have a reputation.

If you're talking about the Smith elbow, that was called for illegal check to the head.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
In his defense, white kinda leans into rust throwing him off balance. Don't think he tried to slew foot, he's not that kind of player

So what determines if he's "that kind of player" or not? Just that he hasn't been suspended for that exact thing before?

From my point of view, if there's video of him doing it, he is in fact "that kind of player". He may not be a Tkachuk style player where its his go-to move or anything, but still.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So intentional he got both feet, not even sure how you can pretend that wasn't on purpose.

Penguins fans, remind me what this is called again? "Whataboutism"? Weren't you guys above that or something?
And this is a game where a lot of dirtier stuff happened. This was one of the least dirtiest that the op is coming in to complain about.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
So what determines if he's "that kind of player" or not? Just that he hasn't been suspended for that exact thing before?

From my point of view, if there's video of him doing it, he is in fact "that kind of player". He may not be a Tkachuk style player where its his go-to move or anything, but still.
Guys been playing professional hockey for 5 years now. You ever remember seeing his name attached to a controversial or dirty play? He's not gonna play clean for 5 years then suddenly think its okay to slew foot people

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Guys been playing professional hockey for 5 years now. You ever remember seeing his name attached to a controversial or dirty play? He's not gonna play clean for 5 years then suddenly think its okay to slew foot people

Actually that's exactly what it looks like. Maybe 5 years is about all he has in him as an effective pro.

He said it was wrong. Bringing up the other dirty plays the refs missed doesn't excuse this one. Rust should face discipline. Not sure what more people need to hear. Rust was wrong but it is also wrong to elbow people in the head. The refs were terrible and should also face discipline but I won't hold my breath.

And what about the one by Smith on Letang? We'll just ignore that one huh.

Letang got an elbow to the head and slew foot and Crosby got two elbows to the head.

But man that Rust one, major grievance.

Lol, this is almost literally a bingo card at this point, so no. But also, but also, what about, how do I refer this guy to HFPens internal affairs so that the enlightened can teach him about what he's doing wrong?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Malkin has a number of slewfoots throughout his career and has never been suspended. He plays on the same team as Rust who would be a benefactor of the Malkin special treatment.

Oh lol I understand.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Actually that's exactly what it looks like. Maybe 5 years is about all he has in him as an effective pro.

Lol, this is almost literally a bingo card at this point, so no. But also, but also, what about, how do I refer this guy to HFPens internal affairs so that the enlightened can teach him about what he's doing wrong?

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt when Tom Wilson got injured, but coming into another thread to vent your thinly-veiled feelings about it is pretty strange.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

You should take a step back bud. You're too close to the Pens hate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad