Dirty slew foot by Rust on White

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
You should take a step back bud. You're too close to the Pens hate.

Actually it's just too hilariously recent. If there weren't a thread just this week full of Pens fans trying to "coach" other people through how to take their lumps or how to be good people maybe I wouldn't bother at all, but this is just insane.

Don't play the hater card yet, it would be embarrassing to cop out without at least trying to explain how different this situation is.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Lol, this is almost literally a bingo card at this point, so no. But also, but also, what about, how do I refer this guy to HFPens internal affairs so that the enlightened can teach him about what he's doing wrong?
What are you babbling about? How in the world is it wrong to say that Rust deserves to face punishment for a dirty pay while also pointing out other dirty plays in the same game and the fact that the officials sucked? It is in no way an excuse for what Rust did. He should be suspended at least a game for a dirty slew foot. In addition two blatant elbows should be looked at by the league. Both can be true.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
What are you babbling about? How in the world is it wrong to say that Rust deserves to face punishment for a dirty pay while also pointing out other dirty plays in the same game and the fact that the officials sucked? It is in no way an excuse for what Rust did. He should be suspended at least a game for a dirty slew foot. In addition two blatant elbows should be looked at by the league. Both can be true.

Exactly. Both happened and both should be looked at.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Actually it's just too hilariously recent. If there weren't a thread just this week full of Pens fans trying to "coach" other people through how to take their lumps or how to be good people maybe I wouldn't bother at all, but this is just insane.

Don't play the hater card yet, it would be embarrassing to cop out without at least trying to explain how different this situation is.
Not sure what your jibberish is about.

But in any case this game had worse illegal hits. Rust should get a game for his as should smith and the idiot that elbowed Letang in the head. You seem to not understand any of that.

Comical a caps fan is coming in acting like we want to pretend like that Rust thing wasn't bad. Nah you want fair, Rust, Smith, and Dzingel should get a suspension.

Then they can appeal it, I hear that's the thing to do.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Not sure what your jibberish is about.

But in any case this game had worse illegal hits. Rust should get a game for his as should smith and the idiot that elbowed Letang in the head. You seem to not understand any of that.

Comical a caps fan is coming in acting like we want to pretend like that Rust thing wasn't bad. Nah you want fair, Rust, Smith, and Dzingel should get a suspension.

Then they can appeal it, I hear that's the thing to do.

I understand it fine, I just don't care. It's not relevant to me. What is relevant is the outrageous double-speak and backtracking here compared to any Wilson or Malkin thread from this year. How "whataboutism" has become Pittsburgh's new favorite word, but suddenly it doesn't apply as soon as you think the "what abouts" are valid. Or how the warcry from Pittsburgh was "any head contact is awful, and should be severely punished" until there was incentive to believe otherwise, all while ridiculing Capitals fans about trying to "have their cake and eat it too". Here's another hilarious thread in which you guys do exactly that, in an almost meta way, and can't even see it.

Reactions: smd333

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I understand it fine, I just don't care. It's not relevant to me. What is relevant is the outrageous double-speak and backtracking here compared to any Wilson or Malkin thread from this year. How "whataboutism" has become Pittsburgh's new favorite word, but suddenly it doesn't apply as soon as you think the "what abouts" are valid. Or how the warcry from Pittsburgh was "any head contact is awful, and should be severely punished" until there was incentive to believe otherwise, all while ridiculing Capitals fans about trying to "have their cake and eat it too". Here's another hilarious thread in which you guys do exactly that, in an almost meta way, and can't even see it.
Stay on topic.

It has nothing to do with your team. NO one cares about your team in this thread.

This is about the incidents in that game.

fragmag

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh

This dude needs a break from hfboards.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
The problem with whataboutism is that it is used as an excuse or to deflect away from the thing in question. There is nothing wrong with saying something is wrong and so are other things that are related (in this case by happening within the same game).

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He's a Penguin, throw the book at him... Right...
3qT4.gif

Definitely worthy of a call. Outcry is warranted.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The problem with whataboutism is that it is used as an excuse or to deflect away from the thing in question. There is nothing wrong with saying something is wrong and so are other things that are related (in this case by happening within the same game).

That's literally exactly what this is:
Letang got an elbow to the head and slew foot and Crosby got two elbows to the head.

But man that Rust one, major grievance.

but continue to try and explain or defend it instead. He knows how to start a thread if he wants to talk about those in earnest.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Guys been playing professional hockey for 5 years now. You ever remember seeing his name attached to a controversial or dirty play? He's not gonna play clean for 5 years then suddenly think its okay to slew foot people

Except there's video in this thread of him doing exactly that, so I'm not sure where you're going with this argument. He's not like that ... except when he is?

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Reminds of a few of Detroits games these last few months. Reffing around the league in general is dog**** now

One of the Penguins beat reporters said (on The Athletic) that he'd heard from 2 sources that higher-ups in the league want the game to be more physical with fewer penalties. The reffing seems to be reflecting that.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018

but continue to try and explain or defend it instead. He knows how to start a thread if he wants to talk about those in earnest.

I didn't defend it in the first place so I can't possibly continue to defend it. I can't be more clear than to once again say that Rust deserves to be suspended for it. I'm not sure what it is you are looking for.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
One of the Penguins beat reporters said (on The Athletic) that he'd heard from 2 sources that higher-ups in the league want the game to be more physical with fewer penalties. The reffing seems to be reflecting that.

Well I love that they're wanting it to head in the physical direction it's supposed to be but my comment about bad reffing is more of the goals being allowed/waved off and the stupid embellishment calls

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's the point. All 3 incidents warrant a suspension. Caps fan that you are replying to, seems to want to some how throw in other stuff that has nothing to do with this game.

The officiating was terrible. There should be 3 suspensions from that game. Rust, Smith, and Dzingel. Refs really mailed it in for that game.

This is definitely getting more than 2 games

If that's two games, fine, then Smith's slew foot should be 2 games and the head shot to Sid and Letang should be a couple of games as well, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->