Blue Jays Discussion: Dioner Navarro: The Anti-JP continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I can't believe what happened in Boston last night. First, Farrell was ejected. Then Torey Lovullo got thrown out, the first acting manager. Then Brian Butterfield got ejeted, the second acting manager. They were down to their hitting coach as the acting manager. They had 4 different managers during the game.

Managers are over rated ;)

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I have no idea what you're talking about

You keep writing how horrible a decision Beede made, yet he's in the exact same position he was three years ago. You said that he would get $750K, and based on the slotting system that means he needs to get drafted in the 3rd round which isn't happening unless he goes the route of the Vanderbilt football team over the next week.

And no, I'm not being demeaning. Personally, I agree with your opinion that this guy is just going to walk people and I don't want the Jays to touch him. But I'm not going to use that as an argument as to why he should've signed with the Jays (especially considering if we look at the Jays track record of developing young pitchers with control problems, somewhat sure I'm OK with the Jays saving $2.5M), and especially not going to use it against him as a poor decision since every single talent evaluator in the league still seems to think he's a first round talent.

Every single consensus mock has him going at #15 to the Angels, and their slot value is...(wait for it)...

$2.475M! Poor guy lost out on $25K what a failure.

e: Seriously though I think you're just undervaluing the slots - here's the list

That doesn't sound so bad and he's probably more mature now developed now as opposed to if he signed out of high school. Vanderbilt knows what they're doing with guys like Price, Minor, and Gray. Who knows if Beede will join them but he will certainly have a chance to prove himself.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I can't believe what happened in Boston last night. First, Farrell was ejected. Then Torey Lovullo got thrown out, the first acting manager. Then Brian Butterfield got ejeted, the second acting manager. They were down to their hitting coach as the acting manager. They had 4 different managers during the game.

What happened? Been busy!never heard about it. That's awesome :laugh:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What happened? Been busy!never heard about it. That's awesome :laugh:

It all started with Price hitting Ortiz on the first pitch, resulting in both benches getting warnings. Farrell is mad about that, gets ejected. Then later, Price hits Carp, does not get ejected even though they got a warning so Lovullo is mad so he gets ejected. Then Workman throws behind a Rays player, gets ejected along with Butterfield getting an automatic ejection.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Paul (Missisauga,Ontario): Hi Ben how close are the blue jays from sigining some more top international talent on July 2
Ben Badler: I hear them connected to Juan Meza, who’s one of the top arms in Venezuela this year. From what I’m hearing, it sounds like that’s where they’re going to do the majority of their spending this year, and they really like one of the better defensive shortstops in Venezuela this year, Kevin Vicuna. I’ll have some more July 2 notebooks coming next week.

SK (Boston): Saw this question on a different chat and found it interesting: Who is the better prospect - Dalton Pompey or Manuel Margot?
Ben Badler: Pompey, and I’m probably one of Margot’s biggest fans. More safety and polish in Pompey’s present hitting ability.

SK (Boston): With short season ball coming up, who are some guys to look out for?
Ben Badler: The Blue Jays have a lot of talent coming from their extended spring program between Franklin Barreto, Richard Urena and Miguel Castro. Barreto would probably be in Low-A already in most other organizations. So would Lewis Thorpe, a Twins lefty who could jump into the Top 100 at some point.

Robby (Mass): Dilson Herrera or Franklin Barreto - better long term prospect in a dynasty league?
Ben Badler: Barreto, if you can tolerate someone who’s further away. More speed than Herrera and every scout I talk to says he can hit.

Jays related stuff from the chat.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/prospect-hot-sheet-chat-may-30-with-ben-badler/

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Does anyone know if the draft will be broadcasted on Canadian TV? I'm looking through the TSN and Sportsnet schedules for June 5th and I'm not seeing anything.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Does anyone know if the draft will be broadcasted on Canadian TV? I'm looking through the TSN and Sportsnet schedules for June 5th and I'm not seeing anything.

To be honest out of all the major leauge sports, the baseball draft is the least entertaining. Best to just follow the picks online. Heck that's how players getting chosen usually find out.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada

It hasn't been in previous years. Its not really that eventful unlike NBA or NHL draft so nope, you can watch it online on mlb.com. They always stream it.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Nah it's pretty boring, only a select few actually are on location to put the jersey on and hat. If I had to guess maybe 3 or 4? The rest find out by phone. Best to just follow online. It's not like the NHL draft or the NFL draft where everything is glamoured up.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So when I heard about Stroman starting today is I bet I get a call to go to work at 2:30 tomorrow(I live in NL, that's the start of the game here). Then I wake up this morning, phone rings. Work at 2:30

:rant:

I didn't want to miss Stroman's first start, this sucks. Hope he pitches well.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
It hasn't been in previous years. Its not really that eventful unlike NBA or NHL draft so nope, you can watch it online on mlb.com. They always stream it.

I could have sworn I watched the first round on TV last year. The Mark Appel draft. The year before, Carlos Correa.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I could have sworn I watched the first round on TV last year. The Mark Appel draft. The year before, Carlos Correa.

I remember watching the one where the guy the White Sox picked did a backflip literally. Not sure what year that was, maybe 2011, because I don't think I followed the last 2 years as closely as I did that one

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
So when I heard about Stroman starting today is I bet I get a call to go to work at 2:30 tomorrow(I live in NL, that's the start of the game here). Then I wake up this morning, phone rings. Work at 2:30

:rant:

I didn't want to miss Stroman's first start, this sucks. Hope he pitches well.

I wanted to head out to the dome but people flaked on me.

I remember watching the one where the guy the White Sox picked did a backflip literally. Not sure what year that was, maybe 2011, because I don't think I followed the last 2 years as closely as I did that one

Courtney Hawkins, 2012 draft (Correa/Buxton draft).

Just noticed the scheduled starter for Dunedin tomorrow is Matt Boyd. I guess he was sent back down though this is the first I'm hearing of it

Yes he was sent back down, PJ Walters took his spot in NH. Boyd just struggled with command in NH, maybe wasn't used to the cooler weather.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just noticed the scheduled starter for Dunedin tomorrow is Matt Boyd. I guess he was sent back down though this is the first I'm hearing of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00