Confirmed with Link: Dillon Dube takes leave from Calgary Flames (TSN reports he's been asked to Surrender to London ON Police)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I just want to say that for some people this can be a very upsetting topic, we need to be careful of that because we never know who has been affected by sexual misconduct in the past.

I also think it is prudent to remind people that even if Dube is implicated, it doesn't mean the Flames knew, in fact I'd suggest those responsible likely lied to their NHL club(s) about it.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Don’t want to speculate but did hfboards eat a lawsuit for speculating too hard at some point or something?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don’t want to speculate but did hfboards eat a lawsuit for speculating too hard at some point or something?
I believe HF was forced to give up the IP addresses of posters when Burke went after internet trolls for spreading misinformation regarding him and Hazel Mae

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Won't need to speculate for long, they are actually starting to move forward now and start naming names it seems (which they said they'd do before the season started).

Really hope Dube isn't involved for multiple reasons.

Reactions: Felidae

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Michael McLeod, Cal Foote, Dillon Dube, Carter Hart, and Alex Formenton request indefinite leave of absence from their teams.

Reactions: deleted user

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I find it extremely silly that the London Police is asking players to turn themselves in two weeks before they plan on announcing anything about it to the public

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I find it extremely silly that the London Police is asking players to turn themselves in two weeks before they plan on announcing anything about it to the public
It's not uncommon for anyone to get 1-2 weeks to turn themselves in if they aren't considered a danger to society

Reactions: IharRB

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Read into this whatever you want. AP is a very reputable news spurce.

Five players from Canada’s 2018 world junior team have taken a leave of absence from their current clubs in recent days amid a report that five members of that team have been asked to surrender to police to face sexual assault charges.

NHL players Michael McLeod and Cal Foote of the New Jersey Devils, Carter Hart of the Philadelphia Flyers, Dillon Dube of the Calgary Flames and former NHL player Alex Formenton, who is now with a team in Europe, all have been granted indefinite leave, with the absences announced over the past four days.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Read into this whatever you want. AP is a very reputable news spurce.

Five players from Canada’s 2018 world junior team have taken a leave of absence from their current clubs in recent days amid a report that five members of that team have been asked to surrender to police to face sexual assault charges.

NHL players Michael McLeod and Cal Foote of the New Jersey Devils, Carter Hart of the Philadelphia Flyers, Dillon Dube of the Calgary Flames and former NHL player Alex Formenton, who is now with a team in Europe, all have been granted indefinite leave, with the absences announced over the past four days.
They all suddenly got a nasty flue or mental health problems? How come? Coincident?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'll say it.... Mental health problems my ass.
Everybody who showed sympathy and wished Dube all the best and a quick recovery have been played for fools.
Anybody who is saying the Flames likely didn't know is just carrying water for the Flames. The NHL knew who was accused and being investigated and if the NHL knew the Flames knew.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'll say it.... Mental health problems my ass.
Everybody who showed sympathy and wished Dube all the best and a quick recovery have been played for fools.
Anybody who is saying the Flames likely didn't know is just carrying water for the Flames. The NHL knew who was accused and being investigated and if the NHL knew the Flames knew.
Still don’t understand why they made the statement they did. Even if it’s true dube had a mental health crisis (and I could believe it), in the greater context it’s incredibly misleading. “He’s on leave, no comment,” would’ve been good enough imo.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
What if Dube/his agent told the Flames it was for "mental health reasons" and the team reported it as such without inquring further? Hard to blame them if that was the case.

Dube was the first of the "five" to request leave, I don't think the team had any idea this was coming out right after they granted him leave.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Still don’t understand why they made the statement they did. Even if it’s true dube had a mental health crisis (and I could believe it), in the greater context it’s incredibly misleading. “He’s on leave, no comment,” would’ve been good enough imo.
Kind of the point about "no speculation" really.

What we know is outlined in the release by the Calgary Flames, who clearly worded it very carefully.

We will know more on or before February 5.

Until there is something new to discuss, we really don't have any reason to continue here.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
No speculation on the specific team Canada incident, but do any of you think that this case will be used as the case law in rapid sweeping changes on hockey culture as well as the ability for teams to straight up cancel contracts with little penalty if stuff like this is discovered? Or will the process be sorta arduous and kinda buried.

Thinking in the range of Mailloux and Ronni for prospects as well that don't hit the NHL. Could those get canceled in the same way as other canceled contracts for prospects (there was one for Yotes/Boston in recent memory)?

As much as I don't want there to even be the ability of "Oh, we get to cancel that contract" like a get out of jail free card. I wonder if there would be something like a forced buyout cap hit sort of scenario if any player were to have their contracts canceled in this manner.

Ugh, it sucks that when there's a crazy hockey issue, we're back in the spotlight again (ie: Wideman and Peters).

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

TSN just named Dube. If its true, kinda makes me sick how he went off on "mental health"

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Welp, here's something new to discuss I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad