Did you cry

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
i did the day after, when my thoughts turned to my dad and how i wished i could have watched it at home with him. at this point i was kind of half-laughing as well, imagining the calibre of profanity that would have been streaming from the TV room. makes me think of the line from christmas story, "in the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan"

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Nah I didn't cry, that's reserved for when the Leafs win the cup. But I sat there pretty much in shock and silence as Boston celebrated. I almost also threw up.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
Nope. Had a bad feeling that the Bruins would come back the moment Horton made it 4-2. And as the minutes ticked by, I was preparing myself mentally for the fact that a collapse was most definitely possible. When they tied it, I was still shocked for a moment, but by then, I wasn't surprised. During the intermission before overtime, I prepared myself mentally for the fact that this series was over. Call me pessimistic, but you don't come back from the emotional cripple of blowing a 4-1 lead in the last 10 minutes of a game 7. This team was done and I knew it. When Bergeron scored the winner, it was more of a "meh" reaction for me.

Pretty much exactly how I felt.

The winner went in, I dropped a short f-bomb, and immediately went to shave off the playoff beard.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
turning 30 in about 8 weeks.
I don't cry during movies, books, and really sad sad events in the news.

I do cry during sporting events. (I am a blubbering idiot during the Olympics).

My team who consistently loves to put me through an emotional rollercoaster did a huge number on my emotions last night. I am invested in this team 100 percent, and so yeah, it was a crying moment to be sure.

I don't know why you need perspective that something that was right there, was snatched away, regardless if it was a pro sporting event or not.

Those are things I do tear up at. Tim Bosma's wife speaking to the media is a prime example of something that is actually sad. The Maple Leafs blowing a three goal lead is just sports; just a lark to distract us all from the actually upsetting news on this planet.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yes, I did.

Was doing fine at Maple Leaf Square.

Then they showed the shot of Reimer lying on the ice with his head down, and I started to get a bit choked up.

I turned around to stop watching, and behind me was this guy who was on the ground crying into his Leafs jersey.

That was that - couldn't hold onto it any more. Helped him up, embraced him, and a few tears came down myself.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
At some point after the Leafs lost in overtime did you cry out of disappointment/heartbreak

Haha haha right after I changed my tampon!! Are you serious? Cry? There's no crying in sports (unless you win or break a limb) especially seeing as I had no part of that embarrassing performance no, I didn't. I just reinforced my thoughts on that bum of a goalie & moron of a captain we have.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Haha haha right after I changed my tampon!! Are you serious? Cry? There's no crying in sports (unless you win or break a limb) especially seeing as I had no part of that embarrassing performance no, I didn't. I just reinforced my thoughts on that bum of a goalie & moron of a captain we have.

No crying in sports? If a team goes to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and comes up short, you're gonna sit there and tell them to "change their tampons" if they're crying?

Easy there, chief.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
No crying in sports? If a team goes to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and comes up short, you're gonna sit there and tell them to "change their tampons" if they're crying?

Easy there, chief.

Be a man, lose with grace. I absolutely would LOL at that player for ever.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Didn't cry but was in shock. After Naz scored to make it 4-1, flipped over to the Capitals v Rangers game watched it for a bit and stepped out to fill up my car. Came back and saw 4-4 end of 3rd. I was like WTF? then saw the highlights of the final minutes of the 3rd had the feeling the Leafs would choke on from here and lose it in OT and they did. Reimer played well but failed when it really mattered, that 3rd goal should never had happened.

This evening we should have been getting ready for the Rangers at the ACC. I think Leafs had a good chance to make to the Conference finals I guess it was not to be

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Be a man, lose with grace. I absolutely would LOL at that player for ever.

"Be a man" - :laugh:

Go through every Olympic finals, World Juniors finals, every SCF finals and look at the defeated teams players. Many of them are crying. But hey - tell them to "be a man" when they're the ones on the ice experiecing it.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009

Easy there, chief.

Hahaha no kidding, you know with the name "The Big D" he thinks hes Mr. Macho man or something ..

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
No, however if it had been game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals that would likely be a different story.

Breakingbad28

Feb 3, 2011
If you name is listed below i have a message for you

SUCK IT UP
abhanot, Art of Sedinery, Bob Kudelski, Boston BROin, Brewsky, Brody, Brownstache, Bucky Ducky, caber93, camaro27, ChoseLa, dav, DeathBySnuSnu, DionPhaneuf3, emilio3645, FreeBird, GalacticaActual, Grumbler, HabsProspectsExpert, Hologram, Hotlanta, iBELEAF, Its Alright Ma, JVR2112, kamosko, kesleaf, Kibago, Leafmon1, leafs in five, Leafs03, Leafs27, LeafsBro, LeafsFIO, Leafsforlife98, Leafski, LeafsMonster, legendinblue, Leo Trollmarov, lewis94, mcleex, mmalady, Mojo19, Moroccan, MrWoof, muffin with tentacle, NoisePolice, parker171, Penguins23, pigpen65, RD616, Reim Job, ReimTime, Samsonov14, sarahjane14, Smarmy the Pirate, Snuggle, SoulPatch, Sturminator, Tak7, The Legend, Thebombers, ThrowDemTongs, TieClark, tmlfan98, Toshio, Tyskie, unknown8, Verviticus, whoiscrosby, YostisHome

just kidding :sarcasm:

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
The pressure and momentum really took a turn in the third for the Bruins but I still expected our team to hang on.

Felt awful...worse than getting dumped

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes