Did you cry

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
You must be new here. I told my dad when it was 4-1 the Leafs needed to make it 5 to win this game. I was not shocked when they blew the lead based on the way they were playing (protect the lead instead of trying to actually win).

Exactly what happened with me. My dad was happy but I told my dad its a young team, they will sit back on the lead and screw it up.

They got the experience and a valuable lesson learned. Still proud of them.

I cried only because my 5 year old nephew cried. Poor kid :(

DeathToAllButMetal

Let it all burn.
May 13, 2010
Been through the 70s, 80s, the early 90s, and so on, so I'd like to say I've seen this act before. But I've gotta admit, this one really hurts. At least with the other disappointments there was anger, honest resignation, even a little humour (you couldn't survive the Ballard era without being able to laugh).

This, though, this is hard to take. I was at a point this series where I was starting to really believe that we were entering a new era. That we were moving out of the horrific last lost decade and into a new one where the Leafs would be serious competitors again. Then in the span of about 30 minutes, that was all given away.

I was stuck in a meeting last night following the game on my phone. So thankfully didn't see the collapse first hand. But I didn't watch any highlights at home, didn't even turn on TSN. I just feel done with all of this. I won't be watching any more playoffs this year. And right now I can't imagine coming back for next year. This time, I really feel done. Not angry, not even disappointed at this point. Just done.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
You must be new here. I told my dad when it was 4-1 the Leafs needed to make it 5 to win this game. I was not shocked when they blew the lead based on the way they were playing (protect the lead instead of trying to actually win).

I wanted them to make it past the 10 minute mark with the 3 goal lead. Thought that was crucial to hold the lead. Had to give it up with like 30 seconds before that.

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
No but I did a few WTFs followed by a few middle finger salutes to the monitor.

Stayed up till 3am to watch that...

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I was up until 4:30am. No tears. More like in shock after some kind of accident. I asked myself how could this have happened until I fell asleep. I feel like something bad happened yesterday when I woke up. This is going to sit with me for a while. Im pissed off and shocked equally. Id rather have lost 7-0. I was basically at one point during the third convinced it was OVER. As soon as the push back started and pulling Rask, Boston turns into a hurricane coming at u. I cant help but think that Leafs are in Dire need of a solid shut -down defenseman. Not Phaneuf, but that type. Reilly or Gardiner are great. Im talking about a nasty shut down defenseman, a guy thats really tough to play against. This run may have gone on to the conference final, I dont fear the Rangers at all. I was seeing a Toronto vs Pitt or Ottawa in the conference final. Part of me thinks this is not really happening.:banghead:

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
I was up until 4:30am. No tears. More like in shock after some kind of accident. I asked myself how could this have happened until I fell asleep. I feel like something bad happened yesterday when I woke up. This is going to sit with me for a while. Im pissed off and shocked equally. Id rather have lost 7-0. I was basically at one point during the third convinced it was OVER. As soon as the push back started and pulling Rask, Boston turns into a hurricane coming at u. I cant help but think that Leafs are in Dire need of a solid shut -down defenseman. Not Phaneuf, but that type. Reilly or Gardiner are great. Im talking about a nasty shut down defenseman, a guy thats really tough to play against. This run may have gone on to the conference final, I dont fear the Rangers at all. I was seeing a Toronto vs Pitt or Ottawa in the conference final. Part of me thinks this is not really happening.:banghead:

I was mentally preparing myself for the Leafs last night when Joe Micheletti was saying it ws 4-1 and then a few minutes later Sam Rosen was letting the fans know that Boston came back tie it up. I knew it was over then, but while watching the Rangers I just couldnt help but think about losing a game 7 like that. I would have shed a tear if the Leafs were my favorite sports team

Wilma

Sep 4, 2006
I missed the third and OT (mercifully, apparently) and will not watch the highlights. If I can help it, I won't see any replays of the meltdown until they bring them up endlessly next year.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Nope, when the Bruins made it 4-3 I had a feeling they were gunna come back and win. Every game it seemed like they would score in the last minute, and they did it again. Going into over time i knew it was over. Right when they scored i just turned the tv off and sat there in dis belief. Although it is the Leafs, these things happen all the time.

EDDIE20*

I didn't cry but there was some pretty colourful and vulgar language coming out of my mouth, put it that way.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I didn't cry because I was in shock. The entire bar cleared out and I hadn't moved an inch just staring forward at the screen thinking what happend.

man_at_bar.jpg

palmateer67

Feb 6, 2010
New York City
No tears. Just terrible, terrible dreams.

No more playoffs for me. I will start to think about October - and January 1 - at the beginning of July.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Nope, when the Bruins made it 4-3 I had a feeling they were gunna come back and win. Every game it seemed like they would score in the last minute, and they did it again. Going into over time i knew it was over. Right when they scored i just turned the tv off and sat there in dis belief. Although it is the Leafs, these things happen all the time.

Games 5 and 6 kinda set this up for me. They scored to put themselves within a goals range in the last minute of both those games and we narrowly escaped victory. With game 7 I just expected the tides to change when Lucic scored.

Oh and, uh, point. Point. Point. Point...

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
The pain of the loss was somewhat mitigated by my girlfriend saying and doing all the right things. Col. Hadfield's return was pretty awesome, too.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
If we are counting manly tears then I need to change my vote.

Seriously though I have been following the leafs for 40 years. This is the worst. I should know better but this one snuck up on me.

Jun 22, 2009
I was raging and i'm an Oiler fan. I was heartbroken when we came back in the cup finals only to lose in game 7, but I still think i'd be even more heart broken in this situation.

PS: Phaneuf ****ing sucks

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
No but speechless for the rest of the night. Tried to understand how it happned but just couldn't comprehend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad