Prospect Info: Did we find a gem in Martin Marincin?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
But if we do draft Hani, and you can trade Marincin for a RHD equivalent counterpart...

As long as you don't get fleeced on the deal and both parties get a great return...

There's no downside to that. There are teams out there who are drowning in RHD depth, and need LHD. Colorado is one. Winnipeg is another.

At this point right now Marincin is the best of himself, Nurse, and Klefbom. After watching that WJC I think Nurse will surpass him but who knows when or if that will actually happen.

Trading any of those three at this point makes no sense because anyone of them still "could" end up being the true #1 we really need. Trading away the one would just be terrible. I suppose depending who we get back it could go the other way and we end up eventually getting a true #1 but I think that less likely. Other teams are more likely to guess which of their prospects have that potential, and keep those players for themselves.

If we absolutely had to trade someone Klefbom would actually make the most sense. He isn't as far along as Marincin is currently and doesn't look to have Nurses top end.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
But if we do draft Hani, and you can trade Marincin for a RHD equivalent counterpart...

As long as you don't get fleeced on the deal and both parties get a great return...

There's no downside to that. There are teams out there who are drowning in RHD depth, and need LHD. Colorado is one. Winnipeg is another.

if there was a RD who was NHL ready and good potential like Marincin sure.. but i don't see that RHD prospect on Winnipeg or Colorado...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad