Did Mac Hollowell's progress make Durzi expendable

HOLLOW made Durzi Expendable

• Total voters

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
"Hollow Man," has torn up the O this year, 54pts in 44 games. Durzi has 27 in 28. My belief is a huge yes, and Sandin is the obvious other reason. Thoughts?

I wasn't particularly enamored with either pick at the time, I certainly don't think one guy performing better than the other makes the other any more expendable either

I'm still pretty meh about both of them if I'm being honest, your beating up on kids, great, let's see what you can do against men then I may get a bit more interested

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I wasn't particularly enamored with either pick at the time, I certainly don't think one guy performing better than the other makes the other any more expendable either

I'm still pretty meh about both of them if I'm being honest, your beating up on kids, great, let's see what you can do against men then I may get a bit more interested

But it does. Durzi was slated way higher draft day, and Mac coming this far allows you to be okay with losing a B prospect, who will probably get in NHL real soon

Reactions: BrainyBomber

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
"Hollow Man," has torn up the O this year, 54pts in 44 games. Durzi has 27 in 28. My belief is a huge yes, and Sandin is the obvious other reason. Thoughts?

Durzi has 31 in 27. 14 in 9 since his trade to Guelph.

Players like Durzi are always expendable to land a player like Muzzin.

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Not at that point in their careers. Still way too early. These are OHL overagers we're talking about.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Durzi was a C level prospect.

Bit of a questionable pick at the time to go with someone so old and unpolished with a 2nd round pick. Not going to cherry pick some success story picked between him as SDA to further complain about it, but just didn't like it at the time.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
in the sense that a deeper system allows you to spend your prospects more freely. So it probably made it easier behind the scenes.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
And Grundy is just ok. Just OK. We stole Muzzy

I very much like the trade. I think Grundstrom would've challenged for a spot next season (low in the lineup, but he'd have been low cost) and I'd only fret about the 1st if it somehow ended up in the lottery. Muzzin significantly increases the viable combinations within the top six and didn't require subtracting anything from the roster.

Reactions: thewave

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Priceless do you even watch any of the games they play? That is a serious question.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Priceless do you even watch any of the games they play? That is a serious question.

Yes I've seen both of them on video

We picked an overager with a 2nd that wasn't AHL ready and Hollowell is in his D+2 year as well playing against kids

Big deal, let's see them against some actual men instead of boys and then see where there at

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
No. Durzi was just a guy who was not overly impressive, and allowed Dubas to make up for the worst pick of his draft.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
You don't make another prospect expendable by having too many of a good thing.

Same reason it was a huge mistake to trade Tuuka Rask because we had Justin Pogge

Reactions: Eb

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I don't think this is the reason by any means, but at the same time, Hollowell is no worse in my opinion and not bad for a fourth round flyer.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Way too many definitive statements in this thread. Give these players some time! Hollowell, in particular, is excelling in both the offensive and defensive aspects of the game. He is a legit prospect.
Hooooooly.

Reactions: bobbygore

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If Durzi was putting up his numbers as a non overager, I'd be less than happy with giving him up.

He's 21 years old in the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad