Rumor: Dhaliwal- Nashville in contact with Vancouver- Rachel Dorrie surprisingly chimes in

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Tomasino is probably already better than Tolvanen, not much "bookmarking" needed. :)

Anyway, if somebody heard Nashville was interested in Horvat, I can see that, but any names mentioned are then that person just engaging in their own speculation.

Canucks are scary. I don't want Miller or Horvat, but the scariest idea of all is the Fabbro for Myers one. :eek3:
As much as Poile likes his secrecy this being put out probably sunk about any chance it had of happening. Either way we know whatever deal is done can't be a straight Tomasino type for a Horvat/Boeser thing anyways. Someone like Granlund or Joey has to go with them as well which makes getting things like this done harder to do.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
You do know Dhaliwal is right about 90% of the time.
This delusion like he makes shit up is ridiculous, He literally had an agent called live on air after big news to ask if it was true.
The JT Miller signing caught everybody off guard, and literally every insider said he would get traded.
He was first on Ethan Bear, He was first on the injuries, He is literally first on everything Vancouver related.
Hard to filter through it all when this guy puts everything out there. I’d say most of what he says each day doesn’t come to pass, even if he gets it right every now and then. Everyday we got a Dhaliwal thread and we are supposed to take it seriously because he has connections! But nothing ever happens

Reactions: theKRAKhouse

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Well this is a lot of weirdness for one story. Dorrie's involvement is a whole can of bees I don't want to touch,

Nashville makes sense, but the names mention just don't do anything for me. Can someone fill me in on the prospects like Ufko, L'Heureux and Tomasino? I've clearly fallen out of touch with the Preds' prospect pool.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Doerrie has never mentioned Canuck players or players that can be linked to the Canucks via trade etc... since she was fired which makes this tweet even more juicy.

Shes literally providing inside information and she dgaf.
She is no long with Canucks, her tweet is simply conjecture like we would all do. Nothing wrong there. I would also add her take is insane if she thinks Tomasino is up for grabs in Nashville.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
When are we we gonna stop giving the Dhaliwal credence. He's been wrong on everything that wasn't already out by another source. LAF to Canucks is a joke.

He had some credibility when he was with Roger’s and then TSN Radio. But now everything he says is just click-bait and he throws something out there almost every day just to generate traffic for his podcasts.

Reactions: KaraLupin

jlb124

Jul 11, 2019
It looks like Nashville is doing a good job with Cody Glass. He is a big right shot Center who is winning faceoffs. People thought the Canucks would draft Him over Pettersson. Glass probably can be a third line center. Him plus a defenseman, and a first round pick might be a trade. Horvat would probably like Nashville. I'm not sure if they have a the cap room for Him.

Last edited:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
It's just too much canucks stuff and I'm a Canucks fan. Obviously they are feeding things to local reporters who spit it out there, I highly doubt its that accurate. Nashville isn't giving us any top prospects, end of story.
But if Rachel Dorrie says it, then I believe it because she has an axe to grind with the Canucks and would put out that insider info now that she isn't working for Canucks.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Whats the scouting on Jack Mattier?

Big boy and Right shot D. seems everything Canucks are looking for.
Seems to be pretty good going after Nashville defensive prospects since Nashville is vary good at scouting and picking Dmen . And Poille is not that great when it comes to trades like this so why not Canucks exploit that. Trading Horvat for 2 good D prospects would be great for Canucks.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It looks like Nashville is doing a good job with Cody Glass. He is a big right shot Center who is winning faceoffs. People tought the Cnucks would draft Him over Pettersson. Glass probably can be a third line center. Him plus a defenseman, and a first round pick might be a trade. Horvat would probably like Nashville. I'm not sure if they have a the cap room for Him.
We don't have cap room for him, Granlund or Johansen would have to be included.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
But if Rachel Dorrie says it, then I believe it because she has an axe to grind with the Canucks and would put out that insider info now that she isn't working for Canucks.

Is that supposed to be satire about the nature of Canuck fans? (Honest question) She is involved with legal matters pertaining to her being let go, and I highly doubt she would jeopardize that until it is resolved. If you know anything about her career before and after Canucks, she is very passionate about the business side of hockey, and comments on many potential moves teams could make.

I think it is unfair to call "information leaking" when she has commented on just about every other team in the same manner since her Canuck departure, and is not employed by an NHL team, just like all of us on here.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
You'd think that, but apparently we're desperate to win just enough to make the wildcard spot and then lose after 5 games of uninspired hockey then draft 17th develop a forward before he breaks in and then trade him to make the wildcard spot again . :shakehead

Poile is totally going to trade Tomasino for yet another 27-30 year old and we're not even a lock to make the playoffs with a Vezina caliber goalie and Norris winning defenseman.
F'ing David Poile inception

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Seems to be pretty good going after Nashville defensive prospects since Nashville is vary good at scouting and picking Dmen . And Poille is not that great when it comes to trades like this so why not Canucks exploit that. Trading Horvat for 2 good D prospects would be great for Canucks.
Considering our depth at D currently the odds Poile gives up a defensive prospect, let alone two, is pretty slim to none.

We have absolutely no one in the AHL on the defensive front.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Vancouver's ownership is really hamstringing the team. Canucks could have gotten a nice return for Miller as a rental (lower first and a decent prospect), maybe a second and a decent prospect for Boeser, a nice return for Horvat (similar to Miller as a rental). That's probably two extra first rounders, a second rounder, maybe even a couple of extra mid round picks, and three prospects and maybe one emerges. The team sheds cap and opens up opportunities for other players and maybe can start to try to do what a team like NJ has done trading a mid round pick for Siegenthaler and a pick swap with Washington to get Vanacek. Play the long game. What does ownership think teams are going to offer for these rentals? A top 4 pick? A better younger player with more years of team control? At this point management may not care and are just going through the motions to get paid until the regime changes again after nothing is accomplished because other teams don't have unrealistic mandates or if they do they are in the same boat as the Canucks.
You cannot trade a generational rental (100 point pace and signed the next season) like Miller for a first and prospect.

If teams aren't willing to give up a top prospect unprotected first and good young roster player that is their mistake.

The Canucks will keep their generational rentals.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You cannot trade a generational rental (100 point pace and signed the next season) like Miller for a first and prospect.

If teams aren't willing to give up a top prospect unprotected first and good young roster player that is their mistake.

The Canucks will keep their generational rentals.
Ok but that’s basically cutting off your nose to spite your face as I see it. You aren’t helping yourself. Every team has the same issues and the market for rentals in a flat cap is what it is. If you think keeping Miller is the best move for the team to be competitive ok. From the outside it looks like the team has no real plan other than just slowly trying to get better without accepting that is actually a rebuild. If they do trade Horvat as a rental havent they gotten worse thus undermining the signing of Miller?

jlb124

Jul 11, 2019
C
We don't have cap room for him, Granlund or Johansen would have to be included.
Granlund is still pretty good. The Canucks should consider Him, But, the Canucks just seem to want cap space to sign Kuzmenko. They should never have put themselves in this situation. I can see Poile wanting Horvat. Same with Carolina. There was a rumor that Nashville might trade Eckholm. It made me think it would be for cap space for Horvat. Horvats Cap hit isn't too bad this year.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Does this Daliwhal do anything except spread rumours?

Vancouver isn't that big a team/fanbase. How do his own rumminations generate so much traffic on here?!

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Vancouver isn't that big a team/fanbase. How do his own rumminations generate so much traffic on here?!
He’s a the mouthpiece of JR. Yes he’s a legit insider and has sources but he also will never, under any circumstances, criticize JR.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Well this is a lot of weirdness for one story. Dorrie's involvement is a whole can of bees I don't want to touch,

Nashville makes sense, but the names mention just don't do anything for me. Can someone fill me in on the prospects like Ufko, L'Heureux and Tomasino? I've clearly fallen out of touch with the Preds' prospect pool.

Ufko is a good offensive defenseman, L'Heureux is a Marchand type good hands but now has a reputation for being suspended, Tomasino should absolutely not be available he was 7th on our team last year for points despite being close to last in TOI it was mind boggling when he got sent down.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010

1674086824979.png

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ufko is a good offensive defenseman, L'Heureux is a Marchand type good hands but now has a reputation for being suspended, Tomasino should absolutely not be available he was 7th on our team last year for points despite being close to last in TOI it was mind boggling when he got sent down.
Well under these circumstances, L'Heureux would be the player of choice....but it doesn't sound like the guys available are the best fit for what we need.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Well under these circumstances, L'Heureux would be the player of choice....but it doesn't sound like the guys available are the best fit for what we need.
Available Preds Prospects (for a real asset- like a signed Horvat or Jt Miller)

L’Hereux
probably 1 of Tomasino or Evangelista
Svechkov
Probably Askarov for the right deal
Novak
Glass

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Available Preds Prospects (for a real asset- like a signed Horvat or Jt Miller)

L’Hereux
probably 1 of Tomasino or Evangelista
Svechkov
Probably Askarov for the right deal
Novak
Glass
Askarov probably isn't the right fit, given who we have in net and coming up in net.
Tomasino or Evangelista aren't necessarily ideal, but are super talented, and it's not like you can have too many talented wingers with their kind of up side. We have some already, but, eh. Lekkermaki, Klimovich, Podkolzin, Hoglander and Lockwood aren't all going to hit their ceilings after all.
I'm liking the looks of Svechkov's scouting reports.
L'Hereux has some assets we don't have a lot of in our prospect pool, as well.
While Novak and Glass hit what Rutherford said he'd be looking for, in theory, I don't really hold either of them in the same lens as others on the list. As a secondary, or tertiary, assets in the trade? Sure, but I don't feel either is someone to build a trade around for either Horvat or Miller.

I'm guessing cap is coming our way as well? And are draft picks strictly off limits as well? What would an offer for either or both look like from Nashville's viewpoint?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad