Rumor: Dhaliwal- Nashville in contact with Vancouver- Rachel Dorrie surprisingly chimes in

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Tomasino "should" be graduated and playing top 6 minutes right now, L'Hereaux is probably 5-10 and everyone else probably is listed lower.
Alright then, I did not know that, just recognized the names.

So, this would actually be a scoop as it's not just speculating Horvat to Nashville and the Nucks wanting top prospect(s)

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Why was Rachel Doerrie fired? I have her muted on Twitter randomly which usually means they are usually a dolt and bad person.

Seems pretty unprofessional to leak that kind of stuff for your former employer.

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Poor Doerrie can't help herself. I wish she wouldn't, for her own sake.

Probably doing it out of spite and likely also violating her post termination NDA

This. It's actually really, really bad. She probably just lost her own case if it hasn't been settled already and tanked her chances of ever being hired in a hockey-related job again. Major WTF alert.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
But nashville is only marginally better than vancouver. I think weve had 2 - 5 game losing streaks and a 3 game losing streak this season. So its like moving from one circle of hell to another.
The thing is, as long as you guys have Saros, you can never tank correctly, unless he pulls a Demko and tries to play through injury. Them making a play for JTMiller is not complete idiocracy, ...not wise, but not out of question.

Reactions: cool beans

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Poor Doerrie can't help herself. I wish she wouldn't, for her own sake.

This. It's actually really, really bad. She probably just lost her own case if it hasn't been settled already and tanked her chances of ever being hired in a hockey-related job again. Major WTF alert.
Not surprising she has been a hot head since she got Fired from the Devils. I remember when I was called sexist for saying she doesnt seem like a pleasant person and is very stubborn and strong headed and I dont think she will work will in a team environment.

Looks like I was right

Reactions: stopclickbait

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Not surprising she has been a hot head since she got Fired from the Devils. I remember when I was called sexist for saying she doesnt seem like a pleasant person and is very stubborn and strong headed and I dont think she will work will in a team environment.

Looks like I was right

The thread for her hiring got pretty sexist at times though. If you left it with what you said just now, that's great make us eat all the crow possible.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
So they didn't make her sign an NDA? Or she's going to get sued.

They did, her violating it was apparently the reason for her firing.

It don't take a lawyer to figure out how much shit she's dug herself into now. I supported her during her hiring but she just keeps doing blunderous stuff like this. She needs a life counselor or something for her own good.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I’m a Canucks fan and the thing to keep in mind is that you can’t just acquire a Nashville d man and think that they are going to step in and do great. The reality is, they are good because of how they are developed. The Canucks rarely if ever develop minor league d into NHL level players…

Not just defense but all players, expecting to acquire an 18-22 year old player and have them work out because they are a good prospect with Nashville or another team is futile. It’s about development and the Canucks don’t develop players.

If I’m dealing Horvat, I’m targeting multiple picks and hoping something hits….

There’s so negativity around this team that I’m actually surprised they haven’t made a deal to change the narrative…

The sad thing is they are about to sign Kuzmenko long term and likely deal Horvat.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn't assume this is inside information.

Doerrie has a lot of opinions on prospects, most of them predating working for the Canucks. As a young employee I'd guess her views on prospects were mostly ignored by the team anyways. That or she really is actually just reading out a list of prospects the the Canucks FO and scouts liked.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Awesome another Dhaliwal rumor
You do know Dhaliwal is right about 90% of the time.
This delusion like he makes shit up is ridiculous, He literally had an agent called live on air after big news to ask if it was true.
The JT Miller signing caught everybody off guard, and literally every insider said he would get traded.
He was first on Ethan Bear, He was first on the injuries, He is literally first on everything Vancouver related.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
They did, her violating it was apparently the reason for her firing.

It don't take a lawyer to figure out how much shit she's dug herself into now. I supported her during her hiring but she just keeps doing blunderous stuff like this. She needs a life counselor or something for her own good.

That seems like a reach. My opinion on the whole thing is she just had a petty squabble with Emilie who happens to be her superior. You don't get along with someone higher up than you in really any environment, and you're gone pretty quickly.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Poile learned his lesson when he lost Tolvanen on waivers.

He won't make the same mistake with Tomasino.

He'll trade him for something before he breaks out instead of losing him for nothing.

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
Poile learned his lesson when he lost Tolvanen on waivers.

He won't make the same mistake with Tomasino.

He'll trade him for something before he breaks out instead of losing him for nothing.
You mean fiala not tolvanen

Plus Tomasino will be better than tolvanen bookmark it

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You mean fiala not tolvanen

Plus Tomasino will be better than tolvanen bookmark it
Tomasino is probably already better than Tolvanen, not much "bookmarking" needed. :)

Anyway, if somebody heard Nashville was interested in Horvat, I can see that, but any names mentioned are then that person just engaging in their own speculation.

Canucks are scary. I don't want Miller or Horvat, but the scariest idea of all is the Fabbro for Myers one. :eek3:

Reactions: cool beans

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I wouldn't assume this is inside information.

Doerrie has a lot of opinions on prospects, most of them predating working for the Canucks. As a young employee I'd guess her views on prospects were mostly ignored by the team anyways. That or she really is actually just reading out a list of prospects the the Canucks FO and scouts liked.
Her lawsuit is she was discriminated against because of her Gender and Disabilities. The Canucks say there was no discrimination and she was terminated due to her leaking proprietary information to the media without proper clearance (violating her NDA contract that employees at her level signs). If these prospects are on some pro scouts list of players he has scouted and an assistant GM's list of players they are interested in. Well then her lawyers right now are going to have a much more difficult time trying to prove she is not as leaky as a garden hose left outside for the last 10 years. Also if they ever thought the Canucks would settle that is now out the window. just drag this on and hope she keeps blasting away on social media.

Not only is she torpedoing her chances of ever working in any level of pro sports again she is also killing her chances of ever working at any meaningful job in the private sector. I would not hire her for any job that requires any confidentiality or supervisory tasks at this point.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The thing is, as long as you guys have Saros, you can never tank correctly, unless he pulls a Demko and tries to play through injury. Them making a play for JTMiller is not complete idiocracy, ...not wise, but not out of question.
So you are saying someone might need to tonya harding saros :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad