Rumor: Dhaliwal: Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Everyone always blames the coach. It’s easy and politically expedient for a fan base.

But He’s a new coach for y’all. Is Vancouver going to be a team that gets a new coach every season? And how’s that going to help his development when the coach is never a consistent?
Why do you argue with fans of the team on day-to-day minutiae that you clearly aren't watching?

We are telling you that the team is in disarray, the management doesn't support or like the coach, and the coach has players he doesn't like. You pondering in the abstract that sometimes people blame coaches for other problems isn't relevant because a lot of us know more details than you do.

Like if there was a car accident and an expert told you that it was because there was an oil slick on the road, you pondering that sometimes that make of car has break-failure isn't relevant. If none of us had further info, it might be useful to make these distant inferences, but many of us are immersed in this every single day. We have more info.

You get a bad rap, but I've seen you have some good takes. But this is a habit I see on here a lot and it doesn't really contribute to productive conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh but it is the coach, Pod looked good so far this year and looked fine last year too, as I said, just hasn't been able to find his offense yet, he's young and we can and should play the long game here.

His development is being helped by being in the AHL and getting more opportunity.

Well your mates are wrong, if Rick is clickbait then I'm guessing every insider in sports is clickbait? Rick is the most connected guy in this city.
I mean I don't care what you think, there's more fans than you that disagree and feel the same, so just leave it at that.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Why do you argue with fans of the team on day-to-day minutiae that you clearly aren't watching?

We are telling you that the team is in disarray, the management doesn't support or like the coach, and the coach has players he doesn't like. You pondering in the abstract that sometimes people blame coaches for other problems isn't relevant because a lot of us know more details than you do.

Like if there was a car accident and an expert told you that it was because there was an oil slick on the road, you pondering that sometimes that make of car has break-failure isn't relevant. If none of us had further info, it might be useful to make these distant inferences, but many of us are immersed in this every single day. We have more info.

You get a bad rap, but I've seen you have some good takes. But this is a habit I see on here a lot and it doesn't really contribute to productive conversation.

What you guys are immersed in, is RUMORS, internet conjecture, over examining of singular events.

Just because you talk about something more because you are home town fans, doesn't make it any more true.

For instance Dhaliwal has proven to be inaccurate on these rumors (apart from piggybacking on others who leaked correctly), but here this thread is.

Now is that because "Dhaliwal gets leaked wrong info on purpose because management try to play games with the press"? Or is it because no one knows management vision, so fans cling onto anything they can as "credible information" on their home team?

I suspect the deadline comes and goes and LAF will not be a canuck, and no one will mention this rumor ever again.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I can see the Canucks being interested in a potentially "big upside swing" like Lafreniere. The question is more...how interested? Are they willing to part with a big value piece to go gambling there? Or are they just kicking tires thinking he might be a nice "lower cost" gamble? Is it direct interest, or value proposition interest?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
not that i think he's a valuable trade chip but i think enough teams out there would be willing to roll the dice and make a trade based on potential to make it worthwhile to shop him around a bit. especially some playoff teams on the downswing with aging forwards.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
I can see the Canucks being interested in a potentially "big upside swing" like Lafreniere. The question is more...how interested? Are they willing to part with a big value piece to go gambling there? Or are they just kicking tires thinking he might be a nice "lower cost" gamble? Is it direct interest, or value proposition interest?
EP for Laf+Miller.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

I’d imagine just kicking tires like a bunch of other teams are probably doing. Just to get their name out there in case he ever is available.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I’d imagine just kicking tires like a bunch of other teams are probably doing. Just to get their name out there in case he ever is available.

That's what i'd figure. But given the guy who floated it, and his agency connections and mentioning agency connections in the story...it makes me wonder a little bit.

But yeah. I can't see the Canucks being committed enough to pay what it'd cost to really convince the Rangers to give up on the guy at this point. They're at a real interesting precipice with Lafreniere though. Is he gonna turn it around, or should you move him while you can still get value? Wouldn't shock me if the rumor actually came from his agent on the other side of things, trying to fish for "value" from someone by drumming up interest in their client.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Didn’t the rangers say he’s not available? Thread should be closed. I don’t think rangers will move him or even consider any calls for him. Rightfully so.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
There’s absolutely no reason to overpay for Lafreniere. Only thing interesting about him is that he was 1oa. Guy more or less stinks.

puckinyourteeth

Dec 20, 2022
I like the kid, but I’m not giving up any of our core for him….he’s not that valuable. I wouldn’t give up Podkolzin for him…..maybe Garland.

Reactions: PajamaBoy

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I like the kid, but I’m not giving up any of our core for him….he’s not that valuable. I wouldn’t give up Podkolzin for him…..maybe Garland.
Ya i said i'd offer a late 1st and Mesar for Laf but after the WJ i think i'll recant my offer.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Montreal has Florida's pick, we could flip that for Lafreniere? Its 9th overall as of now.
I dont think rangers should be picking in top 10 for atleast a decade after the development of their last two lottery picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad