Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
one more time fellas

980x.gif
giphy.gif

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
He hasn't been medically cleared to play games, but they think that's imminent which is why he's on the road trip. What more do you want?
Id like to know what is taking an extra 2-3 weeks with an injury that most guys either play with or take a maximum two weeks to recover from.

Something else must have happened, 5+ weeks for a broken jaw is a lot!

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Id like to know what is taking an extra 2-3 weeks with an injury that most guys either play with or take a maximum two weeks to recover from.

No it's not, 4-6 weeks is pretty normal for a broken jaw. 2-3 weeks was really optimistic.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Not everyone heals the same. Maybe he's feeling discomfort still. These are simply estimates when they say a 2-3 week recovery time.

There is absolutely 0 reason to rush him back, it's early November of an 82 game season.

Reactions: My3Sons and tr83

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Not everyone heals the same. Maybe he's feeling discomfort still. These are simply estimates when they say a 2-3 week recovery time.

There is absolutely 0 reason to rush him back, it's early November of an 82 game season.
Im not necessarily worried about rushing him back but moreso concerned and a bit annoyed that problems have obviously arisen but no further information was detailed.

An example of where I think the team lacks some transparency is with the Schneider debacle last year. No mentions , IIRC, were made about Schneider dealing with another injury while being out for a known one. Guy comes back, and aggravates the 2nd injury, and then ends up out semi long-term.

I dont want the same to happen with Bratt - I dont want to find out the hard way a month from bow when he’s out again than he ended up not settling his jaw right, takes a bad hit, and then is out even longer.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Im not necessarily worried about rushing him back but moreso concerned and a bit annoyed that problems have obviously arisen but no further information was detailed.

An example of where I think the team lacks some transparency is with the Schneider debacle last year. No mentions , IIRC, were made about Schneider dealing with another injury while being out for a known one. Guy comes back, and aggravates the 2nd injury, and then ends up out semi long-term.

I dont want the same to happen with Bratt - I dont want to find out the hard way a month from bow when he’s out again than he ended up not settling his jaw right, takes a bad hit, and then is out even longer.

It's a fairly common practice these days that there is little to no disclosure on injuries such as this.

The reality of it with Schneider and most of these players is that they're pro athletes and are going to try and battle through these sorts of things as much as possible. This is pretty clearly what Cory attempted to do until it got to the point where his game fell apart and he was being a significant detriment.

This is all the more reason for Bratt to simply take his time. If he's having other issues, it's why he hasn't come back in the original 2-3 week turn time. It doesn't mean it's something more harmful, but that they're simply letting him heal up to 100%. There's nothing to worry about here until it's confirmed that there's more to worry about.

All that said, he's hoping to play before the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad