GDT: Devils vs. Senators - 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
he doesn't fit the identity because he is underachieving significantly. look, i feel for the guy but the fact is he's getting paid 6 million to be a below average goaltender. He hasn't won a regular season game in almost a year. It's becoming an albatross and a black cloud. Meanwhile, Kinkaid has shown he can be a starting goalie since the start of 2018 but he has to worry about the clout that comes with Schneider's contract and the fact that he has less certainty.

i don't think they lost this game because of goaltending but outside of the 2 playoff games i can't remember when schneider has kept them in the game because of goaltending. its just been too long.

also, the game has changed. schneiders lateral movement maybe his weakest attribute. it may also be stickwork and puckhandling. i have never seen him deflect a pass. 2 goals last night were 10 inches from his stick and he thought nothing of deflecting it. to be fair it would have been a really smart and great play to do so but its not really in his repertoire.

Last edited:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Was he not in net when we got ****housed by Tampa last week?

This isn't really as black and white as people make it out to be.

Unless I did the math wrong - winning pct:
Schneider 106 - 158: .402
All other Devils goalies since 13-14 combined: 77-80: .490.

That's pretty black and white. We can argue whatever, but from a results point of view, this simply doesn't look good for a #1 goaltender.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Unless I did the math wrong - winning pct:
Schneider 106 - 158: .402
All other Devils goalies since 13-14 combined: 77-80: .490.

That's pretty black and white. We can argue whatever, but from a results point of view, this simply doesn't look good for a #1 goaltender.

Sure, when context is completely removed from the equation, it's "black and white".

Let's disregard is 1.97 GAA and .921 SV% in 13-14, along with the 4th least GF in the league, and focus on the wins and losses to judge him.

Let's also disregard the 3rd last goals for in 14-15 along with his .925 SV% and fault him for wins and losses.

How about 15-16 where we scored THE LEAST GOALS IN THE LEAGUE and yet he still managed a .924 save percentage and 2.15 GAA.

Some of you guys truly cannot believe the things you type. Have the last 2 seasons been bad for him? Of course they have. He's now had major surgery to attempt/hope to correct issues and revive his career. And I, along with a handful of others, will still give him more than 2 games to try and do that when there's a hell of a lot of other issues going on out there along with the not-so-great goaltending.

I've never seen a more bizarre career than Cory's where it has run completely opposite of the team's success. He was the team's best player for his first 3 seasons (fight me otherwise) when they couldn't sneeze a puck into the net. Then after 16-17 was a complete disaster for the entire team, he goes through the issues that he did last year when we finally rebound as a team.

I hope to god he finds any way to turn it around because not only would it benefit the team greatly, it would be incredibly satisfying.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I believe the team is trouble. So far just a few players have played well. We need 2nd line center, another scoring winger and have nothing close to a Chabot. Have to also question the coaching. The only thing in their favor is that it’s still early.

I agree with you. IMO this is on Ray and/ or the owners. Zero positive activity in the off season.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
don't want to say the loss is "on" corey because they got thoroughly outplayed, but you can't deny that making at least one of those saves on those two tying goals would have prevented the wind from going out of their sails quite that quickly. you dont know if kinkaid would have made either of those saves for sure, but the team basically rolled over and died at that point

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Congratulations, your constant negativity has finally paid off in you being right. Would you like an award?

Can I borrow yours for that 8 point road trip prediction?

It's not negativity, it's assessing this hockey club and providing opinions

Blame Ray, Hynes, Harris, the players, not us fans who saw big issues in the off-season and early in camp.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Sure, when context is completely removed from the equation, it's "black and white".

Let's disregard is 1.97 GAA and .921 SV% in 13-14, along with the 4th least GF in the league, and focus on the wins and losses to judge him.

Let's also disregard the 3rd last goals for in 14-15 along with his .925 SV% and fault him for wins and losses.

How about 15-16 where we scored THE LEAST GOALS IN THE LEAGUE and yet he still managed a .924 save percentage and 2.15 GAA.

Some of you guys truly cannot believe the things you type. Have the last 2 seasons been bad for him? Of course they have. He's now had major surgery to attempt/hope to correct issues and revive his career. And I, along with a handful of others, will still give him more than 2 games to try and do that when there's a hell of a lot of other issues going on out there along with the not-so-great goaltending.

I've never seen a more bizarre career than Cory's where it has run completely opposite of the team's success. He was the team's best player for his first 3 seasons (fight me otherwise) when they couldn't sneeze a puck into the net. Then after 16-17 was a complete disaster for the entire team, he goes through the issues that he did last year when we finally rebound as a team.

I hope to god he finds any way to turn it around because not only would it benefit the team greatly, it would be incredibly satisfying.

he used to be good, i don’t think anyone’s questioning that. but goalies don’t tend to get better in their mid-thirties coming off of hip surgery. that’s the problem

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
he used to be good, i don’t think anyone’s questioning that. but goalies don’t tend to get better in their mid-thirties coming off of hip surgery. that’s the problem

It was questioned above in covering his win percentage since he arrived here, which is why I had to go on my tirade.

I know the likelihood of him even getting back to average is probably unlikely, for the exact reason you mentioned. But the endless slogging on him when he's had 2 starts here since this surgery, both of which coming in games where our entire team underperformed, drives me up a wall. This divide of Team Cory vs. Team Keith is one of the silliest things on this board.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It was questioned above in covering his win percentage since he arrived here, which is why I had to go on my tirade.

I know the likelihood of him even getting back to average is probably unlikely, for the exact reason you mentioned. But the endless slogging on him when he's had 2 starts here since this surgery, both of which coming in games where our entire team underperformed, drives me up a wall. This divide of Team Cory vs. Team Keith is one of the silliest things on this board.

fair enough. reminds me of the marty vs cory days lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->