GDT: Devils vs. Senators - 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The cabbie incident to me suggests the decline and fall of western civilization. What is the cabbie getting out of this? He was never going to get paid for the video. Those aren’t Kardashians in the back of the cab so what was his motivation? I struggle to come up with anything other than emabarrassin the players. Why release a video for the sole purpose of emabarrassing the players? How does that help the cabbie? Unless the players were really rude or mean to him he tried to hurt them really for no reason. That’s a shame and speaks ill of our current state of society. Oh and the upshot of this is the cabbie will lose his gig with Uber and players in all sports are now going to be that much more paranoid around the public. Really bad form all around. I feel for my kids and the younger posters in this board. We are moving to a very uncivil society and social media is moving us there faster every day.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The cabbie incident to me suggests the decline and fall of western civilization. What is the cabbie getting out of this? He was never going to get paid for the video.
I thought it was posted by a newspaper, not by the cabbie. If so, I presume the cabbie got paid for it.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I thought it was posted by a newspaper, not by the cabbie. If so, I presume the cabbie got paid for it.
It doesn’t matter where is came from. They should know that they are public figures and be under the assumption that they are always being recorded. Unfortunately, it’s the way of the world now. My first day in the police academy, the second thing they told me (first was to get home to my family) was to assume that you are ALWAYS being recorded. I’m sure on draft day, the we’re all told the same thing.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It doesn’t matter where is came from. They should know that they are public figures and be under the assumption that they are always being recorded. Unfortunately, it’s the way of the world now. My first day in the police academy, the second thing they told me (first was to get home to my family) was to assume that you are ALWAYS being recorded. I’m sure on draft day, the we’re all told the same thing.
That wasn't the point of my reply. The point was that the poster said he didn't see what the cabbie got out of it to release the video. I'm saying that he MAY have gotten a chunk of change.

BTW, it's coming out now that the Sens already knew about the video prior to its public release.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Com'on, about 95% of everyone *****es and complains about their boss and co-workers, and their is really nothing wrong with that, sometimes when it comes to work you just got to vent.

Not when you’re around a bunch of new hires and a couple guys that just came over from another firm.

It’s in bad taste. He’s supposed to be a veteran leader there; it’s highly inappropriate.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
That wasn't the point of my reply. The point was that the poster said he didn't see what the cabbie got out of it to release the video. I'm saying that he MAY have gotten a chunk of change.

BTW, it's coming out now that the Sens already knew about the video prior to its public release.

Apologies. I hit reply by accident

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Team having the video before its' release means whichever outlet the jackazz Uber outlet shopped it to, shared it with the Sens for confirmation.

My3Sons

Sponsor

My understanding about that sort of use is they will typically ask you for permission but money isn’t changing hands. I guess it’s possible they slipped the cabbie something but I doubt a newspaper in today’s age is paying anything more than small potatoes for something that will last about three days in the news cycle and generate at most a few thousand extra hits. Great so for some relatively modest amount of money the cabbie had no hesitation in doing something that had potenatial significant downside for people he had no reason to hurt. And he obviously never thought through the fallout impacting him. Still quite sad and emblematic of how awful we can be to each other for truly petty gain.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
This is the the Sens first game since their players got caught bashing the coaches and all, be interesting to see how they play tonight.

I’m more interested in how our guys play after last nights blowout. Was it a one and done or can these guys put some consistency together. We’ll see.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The cabbie incident to me suggests the decline and fall of western civilization. What is the cabbie getting out of this? He was never going to get paid for the video. Those aren’t Kardashians in the back of the cab so what was his motivation? I struggle to come up with anything other than emabarrassin the players. Why release a video for the sole purpose of emabarrassing the players? How does that help the cabbie? Unless the players were really rude or mean to him he tried to hurt them really for no reason. That’s a shame and speaks ill of our current state of society. Oh and the upshot of this is the cabbie will lose his gig with Uber and players in all sports are now going to be that much more paranoid around the public. Really bad form all around. I feel for my kids and the younger posters in this board. We are moving to a very uncivil society and social media is moving us there faster every day.
tbh, I don't blame the cabbie for recording it. I would record everything as well. Those guys get targeted for a lot of criminal activity like robberies. I'm sure it's been useful in insurance cases as well, like where some drunk guy does damage to your car and you get it on video.

I don't know what he thought when he decided to release it though. I'm guessing he just thought it was cool he had some celebs in his car and wanted a TMZ moment.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm not sure what to think about last night. The pens stink ATM. Ott should be a good test with their speed.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Hey Senators...

CF10CC31-8597-4677-B5BC-C2FA97D05D01.gif

My3Sons

Sponsor
tbh, I don't blame the cabbie for recording it. I would record everything as well. Those guys get targeted for a lot of criminal activity like robberies. I'm sure it's been useful in insurance cases as well, like where some drunk guy does damage to your car and you get it on video.

I don't know what he thought when he decided to release it though. I'm guessing he just thought it was cool he had some celebs in his car and wanted a TMZ moment.

I have no problem with the standard recording as a defense mechanism. Maybe a warning would be nice and my guess is that Uber will include a warning on the app that individual drivers may record the drive. That would all be fine. It’s the need for a TMZ moment that is sad. So it’s ok to try to ruin someone else’s life so long as you get a small fee or even just some attention? Again I weep for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad