GDT: Devils vs. Senators - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Long-suffering? :laugh:

Tell that to Leafs, Oilers, Jackets, Coyotes, Jets/Thrashers, Islanders, Sabres, and fans of other teams who have had little to NOTHING to cheer about in years/decades.

4 years out of the playoffs is tough but long-suffering? Context folks.

Some fans of teams that tend to be mocked as jokes might have it worse than us. What a thing to hang our hats on. :snide:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
It's like their heads aren't in the game.

I didn't know Severson is a -15 this year. That's terrible

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Hynes refuses to play the lineup that gives us the best chance to win. Of course that's on him.

He hasn't shown he knows how to evaluate players it appears or he is just trying to brand new scheme and it's not working.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's like their heads aren't in the game.

I didn't know Severson is a -15 this year. That's terrible

Well, we've given up 59 goals in the last 15 games, so it's not really that surprising his +/- has gone in the tank.

We now have the worst goal differential in the conference and 4th worst in the NHL.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes refuses to play the lineup that gives us the best chance to win. Of course that's on him.

He hasn't shown he knows how to evaluate players it appears or he is just trying to brand new scheme and it's not working.

That's what I'm saying about tonight.

You don't deserve to score more than 1 or 2 goals when you ice the 3rd line that Hiney Head through out there tonight.

The fact of the matter is that you NEED scoring from your third line and we didn't have it at all last year. That's not on Hynes, as he had no options. This year, he has options and chose to bench 9 goals (I don't even wanna know what percentage of total goals that is for the team this year, I don't even know how many goals we've scored on the year) so we could play guys that haven't scored since last year.

16 game goal drought for JJ. 25 game goal drought for Kalinin. He's actually going for a Ruutu-like record at this point. Think he can score another point before his 33rd game of the season? Ruutu scored a point in his 33rd game of last season, Kalinin scored a point way before that but he might go 33 games before recording his next point.

Gazdic is only on a 16 game goal drought.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Well, we've given up 59 goals in the last 15 games, so it's not really that surprising his +/- has gone in the tank.

We now have the worst goal differential in the conference and 4th worst in the NHL.

goal diff. is something ive looked at for a while…. plus side and a more than decent chance at playoffs.

wings have made it with negative within the last few years. philly was borderline less and made it……before that it was old playoff top 8 format.

we got the 'great' florida pretenders with the illustrious -24 making the dance in '12.

your point is not lost on me

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Mock the line-up all you want, this game was a step in the right direction.

Much more structurally sound, no glaring scoring chances given up for the most part. Looked a lot like last years team with the low event hockey, but I prefer that to high event hockey in our own end.

I'm guessing that Hynes played the line-up he did because it included all the players he can rely on defensively. I'm hoping his plan is to do this until the team starts playing better defensively and then start rotating in Parenteau/Bennett/Zacha. Make sure the team is back to playing with a more defensive identity before we start inserting the guys that are clear weak links defensively. Also should motivate those three to play a well-rounded game rather than taking shortcuts like they have of late.

For the first time in a long time, Merrill actually had a solid game. Him and Severson looked good together.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Mock the line-up all you want, this game was a step in the right direction.

Much more structurally sound, no glaring scoring chances given up for the most part. Looked a lot like last years team with the low event hockey, but I prefer that to high event hockey in our own end.

I'm guessing that Hynes played the line-up he did because it included all the players he can rely on defensively. I'm hoping his plan is to do this until the team starts playing better defensively and then start rotating in Parenteau/Bennett/Zacha. Make sure the team is back to playing with a more defensive identity before we start inserting the guys that are clear weak links defensively. Also should motivate those three to play a well-rounded game rather than taking shortcuts like they have of late.

For the first time in a long time, Merrill actually had a solid game. Him and Severson looked good together.

Then we'll just be losing games 2-1, and that's with the hope that Cory starts playing like Kinkaid tonight and not allowing these stoppable goals.

This could have easily been a 3-1 (non empty netter) game if we got the obligatory poor goal allowed, which has even been customary with Kinkaid in his last two starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad