GDT: Devils vs. Sabres - Let's F***ing Go! 12:30 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Ok, I will say it;

Butcher is OK, Butcher and Subban is NOT! Vats hasn’t really moved the needle. Kulikov made a couple egregious errors. The Devils also lacked some physicality from previous games. It’s tough because many of prospects have propelled the Devils to early victories but sadly there isn’t room for all of them. The vets need to step up.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Ok, I will say it;

Butcher is OK, Butcher and Subban is NOT! Vats hasn’t really moved the needle. Kulikov made a couple egregious errors. The Devils also lacked some physicality from previous games. It’s tough because many of prospects have propelled the Devils to early victories but sadly there isn’t room for all of them. The vets need to step up.

Vatanen has played 2 games and was a positive in game 1. Kulikov has been very very good on the year as a whole.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I just do not understand people having this take. Have you already forgotten how well he played before the break?

No I haven't. Yes, he was playing decent hockey, and I don't even think he was bad today. Not at all actually. He is just a bit of a square peg in a round hole in Ruffs system. I think Travis will be fine, but I'm thinking we have younger options that might actually give us a better chance to win right now.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think I prefaced my comment on how well he was playing before he got sick.
Going back and looking at your comment, I don't see how he's the 5th best center. He's still better than Zacha at 5v5 and McLeod in my mind is clearly not as good as Zajac. On this team he is the 3C and Zacha is a winger. I also just think Zacha is better suited as a winger. He's not impactful enough to be a center. In order for him to be a center he needs really good wingers to help him push the play.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No I haven't. Yes, he was playing decent hockey, and I don't even think he was bad today. Not at all actually. He is just a bit of a square peg in a round hole in Ruffs system. I think Travis will be fine, but I'm thinking we have younger options that might actually give us a better chance to win right now.

He was playing wing in the top 6. He is fine at his natural position in the bottom 6.

Zacha was awful centering the kids line. Played better when he got shifted.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
In the future maybe they'll give us a better chance but I cannot agree in the slightest that they do now. He's easily still the best defensive center on the team.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Going back and looking at your comment, I don't see how he's the 5th best center. He's still better than Zacha at 5v5 and McLeod in my mind is clearly not as good as Zajac. On this team he is the 3C and Zacha is a winger. I also just think Zacha is better suited as a winger. He's not impactful enough to be a center. In order for him to be a center he needs really good wingers to help him push the play.
Wait a minute, you seriously think Zajac>>>>Zacha?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Hats off to Buffalo: they played a solid defensive game in the first two periods. Won a bunch of puck battles and took advantage of our weaknesses.

great to see the devils bounce back and the adjustments made for the final period. Mac never let the game get out of hand and they were a couple posts and a few seconds away from winning. I’ll mark was up to the task as well. Made some really nice saves. Bratt being one of them. definitely got a lot of help in front of the net. Lots of emotions before the game with the whole squad back together. I feel like Ruff will have them ready for the Capitals tomorrow. Quick. Turnaround might be a good thing.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Wait a minute, you seriously think Zajac>>>>Zacha?

At 5v5 I think Zajac is clearly much better than Zacha. Zajac is much better defensively. Zacha is average at 5v5 defense. Zajac is a better play driver. Same exact 5v5 P/60 last season. Zajac ahead so far this season 1.22 vs .89.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad