GDT: Devils vs. Sabres - Animal House - 7:00 PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
According to the Blue Jackets, the NHL told him to stay home because they didn't want him to give everyone else the flu, which is kinda hilarious.

Yea, because if I was someone to make those decisions within the CBJ, the ASG would be the best place to send a player of yours with the flu. That would be like the part in the movies where all the important political leaders are in one place.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
What's all this defeatist attitude!?

giphy.gif

Reactions: The 29th Pick

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yea, because if I was someone to make those decisions within the CBJ, the ASG would be the best place to send a player of yours with the flu. That would be like the part in the movies where all the important political leaders are in one place.

That said if it was Crosby with the flu, the NHL would have sent him with a surgical mask. They honestly could care less about Seth Jones missing the game but if it was Crosby they'd have found a way to justify it.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
You are correct but there is also the matter of the development of Santini. If you believe he is learning by practicing and watching and maybe some video work then it’s fine. I’m skeptical that Santini will improve more that way than if he plays those limited minutes. At some point Santini will get back in and we will see if the enforced press box time was a net positive. Not a huge deal but Lovejoy has no real future with the team and I’d prefer to help Santini develop over whatever Lovejoy provides right now. It’s also a go to coaching move to play the veterans heavily when a team is struggling. I guess it’s easier to face Shero with a lineup reliant on Zajac Lovejoy etc instead of the kids.
Santini definitely should be playing somewhere for development purposes. The AHL is where he should be if they aren’t taking LJ out and think Mueller is a better option too.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad