GDT: Devils vs. Red Wings - It Is What It Is - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hynes tried to recall Jason Ryznar and Tim Sestito tonight as well.

f*** it, give me Cam Janssen. At least that dude was entertaining, even if he was completely worthless at actually playing hockey. This team is about as fun as getting waterboarded while watching paint dry.

Reactions: RNCDevil

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Blashill: I'm probably on the verge of getting fired.

Hynes: Here, hold my beer...

Honestly this lineup is so desperate I'm starting to believe his job may actually be on the line in the next game or two. It has the feel of if I'm going down I'm going down with my guys!

Reactions: tr83 and Bleedred

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
If only Rooney was healthy, we could get him in for Boqvist for the Hynes dream lineup of grit.
I don't mind Rooney, he's been fine but scratching guys for plugs like Hayden is annoying. We're well into throw shit at the wall territory.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
i just want to start enjoying devils hockey again. I can take loses. But Inatleast wantto see a team that has an Idea of what they want o do on the ice both in the d and o-zone. A pp that doesnt do same stupid play all the time. Argggghh

Well said. It's non-descript, pop-gun hockey. Trap, counter, suppress shots, put skaters through boards...have some kind of identity.

Reactions: Devilcake

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
How can you ever get a consistent effort when you consistently juggle the lines and lineup? Hynes is like a 3 year old with a room full of toys and he moves them all around and has his favorites. The dull boring tonka trucks.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Against the Red Wings no less.

Hopefully the NHL doesn't penalize the Devils a draft pick for tanking.

i have the good fortune of having to attend a wedding this evening.. i will look forward to the after game press conference and the board comments.... good luck gentleman and god speed with this one..

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Watch us win now and keep this idiot behind the bench even longer.

And yes, I'm finally going full heel on Hynes. I'm sick of the same **** over and over again.

yeah I'm full in as of the boston game.. then pittsburgh game made it an obsession

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watch us win now and keep this idiot behind the bench even longer.

And yes, I'm finally going full heel on Hynes. I'm sick of the same **** over and over again.
Oh my god, that's my biggest fear. We just need to lose this game tonight, if we have any hope of firing him before the season is completely beyond repair.

If we win tonight, it will buy him another week or more and he'll keep this lineup intact and we'll get our shit pushed in when we play a team that's better than the Red Wings, which is about 28 other teams in the NHL.

Can you imagine if we score 3 or 4 goals with tonight's lineup? Hynes is gonna think he's a genius.

I was about to rage that Bratt was out, but then I saw Zacha was out also and this is just unacceptable. You scratch two guys that both are close to half a point per game on a team that has scored 2 or fewer goals in 9 of its last 10?

Reactions: longislanddevil

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wow big surprise that a coach that doesn't care about possession (remember when I said this back in 2016?) and can't coach offense in the NHL, values a player like Brett Seney and scratches good PROVEN offensive NHL players for him.

Seney was the worst possession forward (I think? Or close to it) on the team last year. The only thing he does good is scores goals better than a guy like Joey Anderson or Michael McLeod. He posted some Miles Wood rookie-like possession numbers last year.

Reactions: longislanddevil

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

**** off. Scratch yourself you loser.

giphy.gif

that's actually repulsive and i refuse to watch now

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Wow big surprise that a coach that doesn't care about possession (remember when I said this back in 2016?) and can't coach offense in the NHL, values a player like Brett Seney and scratches good PROVEN offensive NHL players for him.

Seney was the worst possession forward (I think? Or close to it) on the team last year. The only thing he does good is scores goals better than a guy like Joey Anderson or Michael McLeod. He posted some Miles Wood rookie-like possession numbers last year.

that was my point when complaining about seney being the first call up.... no beef with the dude but we have plenty of them... a guy like bastian or even mcleod would have been the more sensible decision.. hockey isn't always about the 20 best guys around the cones. its the right mix of 20 guys that can compliment each other.. this is just garbage and clearly isn't working on any level whatsoever .... seney maybe the last guy i would have called upon to be honest again no slight on the guy himself.. I'm sure he deserves it, but maybe put some thought into this whole thing

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
that was my point when complaining about seney being the first call up.... no beef with the dude but we have plenty of them... a guy like bastian or even mcleod would have been the more sensible decision.. hockey isn't always about the 20 best guys around the cones. its the right mix of 20 guys that can compliment each other.. this is just garbage and clearly isn't working on any level whatsoever .... seney maybe the last guy i would have called upon to be honest again no slight on the guy himself.. I'm sure he deserves it, but maybe put some thought into this whole thing
I don't really care that he's up, but it is maddening that he's in (and Hayden) and Zacha and Bratt are not.

I actually did like Bastian (smallest sample size though) the most of all of last year's call ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad