GDT: Devils vs. Rangers - 14 More… 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you add Taylor Hall, Nico Hischier, Jesper Bratt, Pavel Zacha, Miles Wood, and Sami Vatanen that might help.
Even then, you still have Hynes system killing us with leads and Cory allowing a stoppable goal and probably 3 in total if he faces much more than 30 shots more often than not.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That is so hard to believe. I can't tell if it's the whiskey or the fact that I know the Devils blow leads like no one's business but I just can't wrap my head around it.

It's almost invalid to me when there are actually games we were tied then GOT the lead in the third only to lose in regulation :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If he isn't competing, no one is. There have been a ton of times this season he has sucked royally. Tonight has not been one of those times.

He doesn't suck tonight but he's still the sad sack Charlie Brown. Even when he's good he finds a way to blow it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Shero has so much work to do to justify being the GM after next season lol.

I don’t think ownership sees it that way. They bought into the slow build through the draft route. Shero will add where he can without breaking up the core or without moving a first round pick. It’s frustrating no doubt but I think the model they appear to be following is the WPG model.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
They've also had games where they were tied going INTO the third, then got the lead in the third only to lose (Colorado earlier this year). Like I said it's such a darn oddity, they've blown so many leads but never in a specific situation with a specific loss.

It's a myth around here about blown leads in the third. Blowing leads in first and second is a different story. :P

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If he isn't competing, no one is. There have been a ton of times this season he has sucked royally. Tonight has not been one of those times.

I was just being facetious. I don’t recall who it was but one of our assemblage was mocking Wood for not playing when he had a serious injury with comments like he didn’t want to compete.

Reactions: mtnet

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He doesn't suck tonight but he's still the sad sack Charlie Brown. Even when he's good he finds a way to blow it.
I just think he isn't good anymore. I don't doubt his effort. Just a player in decline, much like the Marty we saw about 6-7 years ago.

I'll be shocked if he plays a sizable amount of games next year and posts better than a .910% save percentage. Even if he has a .915%-.920% season, it will likely be a one-off after 3 bad decline years, then he'll go back to the .905% goalie he's been for over 2 years now. I think he could post a .915% with limited work and used as the backup only. Not as the 1b or anything like that, unless it's just as a one-off.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It's all good. It's become the routine. A glass or two of Tennessee Fire on the rocks makes everything OK.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
No excuses. He just doesn’t want to compete.
Please tell me you don't believe this...
If you add Taylor Hall, Nico Hischier, Jesper Bratt, Pavel Zacha, Miles Wood, and Sami Vatanen that might help.
What a concept, you mean Pietila, Gabriel, Tangradi, etc don't light your candle?
Guy makes 37 saves and you want to say he blew it. How about the team that mailed it in after 20 mins?

Reactions: mdj12784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad