GDT: Devils vs. Rangers - 14 More… 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Sevs has looked more comfortable and solid since we officially entered garbage time. This is the most consistently mistake free and solid hockey he’s ever played. I wonder why? It’s not just the goalies making him look better. His decision making and movement of the puck in the offensive zone have been so much better lately. He’s not forcing anything. Recognizing what’s there and taking it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’m not seeing that Carrick is a complete mess the way some are saying. I wouldn’t call him great but he’s not standing out in a negative way either. He’s more in line with the direction of the team than Lovejoy was. I imagine they can bring him back on a minimum deal for next year and let him compete with Santini for the bottom pair on the right?

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

Very strong team the Rags have out there. We just couldn't compete with them tonight, they're too good. The future looks bright for them. They always find a way to get talent and draft very strong. Watch out for Chytil, he has all the tools to be a star and a steal for the Rags. And the Rags got a very good player from Tampa in Namestnikov. Vesey finally having a breakout season. Lemieux will be a future star in this league and for the Rags. Thanks again Conte.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I think goaltending is the reason we’re not losing by 3+ goals every night. And the fact Kinkaid isn’t here anymore, who was AIDS his last handful of weeks here and had a mental breakdown. It seems our GDT’s also have less traffic since he’s been gone, as it appears we’ve lost some fans since we don’t have a real starter anymore!:sarcasm:

There's a bunch of regular posters on suspension I think. Guys who have been around a really long time. It's kind of surprising unless I missed something big.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
View attachment 197759
Very strong team the Rags have out there. We just couldn't compete with them tonight, they're too good. The future looks bright for them. They always find a way to get talent and draft very strong. Watch out for Chytil, he has all the tools to be a star and a steal for the Rags. And the Rags got a very good player from Tampa in Namestnikov. Vesey finally having a breakout season. Lemieux will be a future star in this league and for the Rags. Thanks again Conte.

DD couldn't wait to post something like this. The true DD comes out finally. LOL IS THIS STEVE

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's a bunch of regular posters on suspension I think. Guys who have been around a really long time. It's kind of surprising unless I missed something big.
Looks like DD just counted himself present!:sarcasm:

I figure a lot of people also have lost interest with how decimated the roster has been reduced to. I can understand that for people who have a lot going on in their life. For me, it's pretty easy to tune into every game, but I have no family or obligations in the evening that would keep me from watching.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the end of this season. I've been over this season since February. Usually, I'm not over it until around April 1st or late March the earliest.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know we're not supposed to like Severson here, but he's been eating a lot of minutes recently and doing fairly well.

With Vatanen out, he and Butcher (I know there's a narrative that he sucks here too, but he's a #4 guy) are the only top 4 guys. Everybody else is bottom pairing or AHL caliber.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I know we're not supposed to like Severson here, but he's been eating a lot of minutes recently and doing fairly well.

With Vatanen out, he and Butcher (I know there's a narrative that he sucks here too, but he's a #4 guy) are the only top 4 guys. Everybody else is bottom pairing or AHL caliber.

Severson has proven to be at worst a number 4 in my opinion. He's been, with Vatanen on the shelf, our best defense and you can make a case that even with a healthy Vatanen, Severson has been the best. He has had an absolute monster couple of games here recently where hes eating a ton of minutes against top competition and coming out of it no worse for wear.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Severson has proven to be at worst a number 4 in my opinion. He's been, with Vatanen on the shelf, our best defense and you can make a case that even with a healthy Vatanen, Severson has been the best. He has had an absolute monster couple of games here recently where hes eating a ton of minutes against top competition and coming out of it no worse for wear.
But he left that one guy untouched a few games ago. You never see that with Santini tho!

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Looks like DD just counted himself present!:sarcasm: LOL

I figure a lot of people also have lost interest with how decimated the roster has been reduced to. ME I can understand that for people who have a lot going on in their life. BASEBALL TOOK OVER For me THANK GOD, it's pretty easy to tune into every game, but I have no family or obligations in the evening that would keep me from watching.
Bleed I tune in every game but have a hard time chiming in and having any excitement about this team.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the end of this season. Cant wait for the off season but not sure what the present GM can do to make next year any better. I've been over this season since February. Same Usually, I'm not over it until around April 1st or late March the earliest.

Coaches Goalies would be a good place to start.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Outside of a few stretches here and there I think Severson has actually been pretty good in this God awful shitty mess of a season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I figure a lot of people also have lost interest with how decimated the roster has been reduced to. ME I can understand that for people who have a lot going on in their life. BASEBALL TOOK OVER For me THANK GOD, it's pretty easy to tune into every game, but I have no family or obligations in the evening that would keep me from watching.
Bleed I tune in every game but have a hard time chiming in and having any excitement about this team.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the end of this season. Cant wait for the off season but not sure what the present GM can do to make next year any better. I've been over this season since February. Same Usually, I'm not over it until around April 1st or late March the earliest.

I'm hoping to have a social life again after the (regular) season ends. I'll be tuning into Sharks games and watching other playoff games when I can, but I'm not going out of my way to keep myself home every night watching every game. I really need a break after this season.

Reactions: StvBroDan

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Addressing the defense has to be priority number 1. Specifically LD.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I'm hoping to have a social life again after the (regular) season ends. I'll be tuning into Sharks games and watching other playoff games when I can, but I'm not going out of my way to keep myself home every night watching every game. I really need a break after this season.
Yeah because I love the sport I will watch the playoffs when I can. I will no doubt watch the Cup. The Devils need to get their shit together. Changes have to be made.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m not seeing that Carrick is a complete mess the way some are saying. I wouldn’t call him great but he’s not standing out in a negative way either. He’s more in line with the direction of the team than Lovejoy was. I imagine they can bring him back on a minimum deal for next year and let him compete with Santini for the bottom pair on the right?
I don't see him as that bad. I think he's just a bottom pairing guy though.

I would be okay with purging him at the end of the year, because it's really simple. If we're gonna make room on D to trade for some kind of an upgrade, it makes the most sense to let him go. It would probably come down to at least one of Mueller, Yakovlev or him having to go, if not two of them thanks to having useless Santini signed for two more years. All are on expiring contracts. I would like to hold on to Mueller.

I don't see Santini being a long term regular in the lineup, despite two more years left on his deal, but I do think he'll at least start the year on the NHL team next season.

Reactions: My3Sons

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
View attachment 197759

You forgot to include how much he won betting on the game

If he sits on his hands after this disaster of a season like he did last year, he's going to be in hot water

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
View attachment 197759

Why blame Conte?

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Sevs has looked more comfortable and solid since we officially entered garbage time. This is the most consistently mistake free and solid hockey he’s ever played. I wonder why? It’s not just the goalies making him look better. His decision making and movement of the puck in the offensive zone have been so much better lately. He’s not forcing anything. Recognizing what’s there and taking it.

Get him a solid LHD partner and the team will upgrade two spots at once.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad