GDT: Devils vs Penguins - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If it was tied late in the 3rd and Vats didn't realize that Malkin was coming out of the box, I would have destroyed my remote.

Kink made a good save on Crosby afterwards

Reactions: David Conte

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Unless one of them shows they shouldn’t be played at all, we should alternate Kinkaid and Schneider starts. Keep them both rested, fresh, but not long stretches without playing.
Play whoever is best. And for the last two years that guy has been #1. Alternating is dumb. Is makes me think of the stupid alternating early on in the 13-14 season which was a grave mistake. If #35 has a hot run then by all rights start playing him more than #1, but playing both just to play both and keep them fresh is pointless. Back to back sets aside.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Their goal was a nasty, ugly one on Kinker, but he was pretty dang good. This team just looks better in 2018 when KK is in the cage. Probably shouldn’t use him tomorrow, though.
The super softie a couple games ago was also right past the glove.

Needs to tighten that up.

But this was a good rebound game for him. He needed it, the team needed it.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I’m so ready for this to be an anti-Cory thread

Right now, I'm not anti-Cory, I'm very pro KK.

Aside from Hall, KK got us to the playoffs last year. He had one or two clunkers in 10 games this year. That's not too shabby for a guy who is dismissed as a "backup"

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
One of the best post-game interviews in a while

Here's to you Brian Boyle!

IMG_3944.JPG

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Right now, I'm not anti-Cory, I'm very pro KK.

Aside from Hall, KK got us to the playoffs last year. He had one or two clunkers in 10 games this year. That's not too shabby for a guy who is dismissed as a "backup"
I'm for whoever gives this team the best chance to win piss on feelings.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Wow wasn't expecting that at all, I was just hoping for a win and they came out and kicked the sh!t out of them.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing our team frustrate Crosby, Malkin and sh!tquist. Absolutely loved it.

Hoping Cory gets a win tomorrow and keeps this going!

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I won't be...I think he's already in damn the torpedoes full speed ahead mode now and wants to get some momentum on the trip, plus there's another two days off after tomorrow. He intentionally left the goalie rotation open-ended tomorrow for that reason I think. I also wouldn't be surprised if after Keith played the back-to-back Cory got one of the games this weekend (likely Winnipeg).
I would be too, BUT it seems like hynes trust kk more so then cory.
1. A few seasons ago we had a crucial game in barclays for the devils to stay in the race, kk as a backup was playing well and he was put in over a healthy cory.
2. Hynes wouldn't let.cory back in the lineup last yr when cory returned and kept riding kk till the end of the reg seaosn plus 2 playoff games.
3. Kk faced more shots in the first period and had a relatively easy 2nd half of the game in terms of shots faced. I'd give cory the game, but seeing what hynes has done in the past and the fact he didnt name.a goalie for tomorrow leaves a slight door open for kk to go back in, say a 5% chance.
Seeing Hynes go back to Keith this game (even though he played fine last game and we shutout) tells me exactly what he thinks about playing Cory right now. I think he saw the same things I was seeing in that Detroit game. We played poorly, but he let in a couple poor goals, even if one was shorthanded and not really his fault.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Play whoever is best. And for the last two years that guy has been #1. Alternating is dumb. Is makes me think of the stupid alternating early on in the 13-14 season which was a grave mistake. If #35 has a hot run then by all rights start playing him more than #1, but playing both just to play both and keep them fresh is pointless. Back to back sets aside.

Well 13-14 they didn’t alternate starts or games. They basically just gave it to Marty.

If you go in with a set plan on how to manage starts / games is fine.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
only pedos go to malls after the age of 25
Now I'm gonna be self-conscious every time I go to a mall from now on.:laugh:

I go sometimes just to walk, which is nice when it's hot out and it's climate controlled and I don't have to sweat out 3 or 4 pounds of water weight and get dehydrated and look like shit when I go out to eat after I finish my walk. Which is usually what I do.

I probably look really creepy, since I'm just walking in circles and never have bags with things I bought in them.:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol Keith's not going to play 65 of the next 70 games after already starting 11 of the first 12, they do have to play Cory SOMEtime going forward and back to backs are generally the best time to do it. Sure tomorrow's game is important but it's not a must-win in March either.

And many other teams the backup goalie plays 25-30 games nowadays, it's not that uncommon.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Seeing Hynes go back to Keith this game (even though he played fine last game and we shutout) tells me exactly what he thinks about playing Cory right now. I think he saw the same things I was seeing in that Detroit game. We played poorly, but he let in a couple poor goals, even if one was shorthanded and not really his fault.

Your reading too much into it. It’s a back to back situation. Both goalies are going to get on of the games. Giving the tougher opponent to the goalie who has been playing most of the year is fine in that situation.

Reactions: Satans Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad