GDT: Devils vs Penguins - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Here's to you Brian Boyle!

View attachment 152289
Erika showed great feeling and timing too and that’s also why it was good. That she was so happy for him and the stuff about his wife chairing the hockey fights cancer drive evolved out of the earlier post game stuff naturally. It’s not easy to get it right on live TV and not have it even faintly feel like schmaltz.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Seeing Hynes go back to Keith this game (even though he played fine last game and we shutout) tells me exactly what he thinks about playing Cory right now. I think he saw the same things I was seeing in that Detroit game. We played poorly, but he let in a couple poor goals, even if one was shorthanded and not really his fault.

All it tells me is Keith is getting normal starter games. Playing him again tomorrow would be a blaring signal though.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
only pedos go to malls after the age of 25

Kids don’t hang out a malls any more. In fact if you were to actually go to a mall to shop it’s mostly middle age and senior law because their the ones that still shop in actual brick and mortar stores now.

Reactions: tr83

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Now I'm gonna be self-conscious every time I go to a mall from now on.:laugh:

I go sometimes just to walk, which is nice when it's hot out and it's climate controlled and I don't have to sweat out 3 or 4 pounds of water weight and get dehydrated and look like **** when I go out to eat after I finish my walk. Which is usually what I do.

I probably look really creepy, since I'm just walking in circles and never have bags with things I bought in them.:laugh:
The wife and I go sometimes and see a movie or two afterward. She likes to shop. I’ll sometimes go in them by myself to kill time. You can knock out 3 miles in an hour walking around in there without breaking a sweat.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Kids don’t hang out a malls any more. In fact if you were to actually go to a mall to shop it’s mostly middle age and senior law because their the ones that still shop in actual brick and mortar stores now.

The kids are in Starbucks or so busy with the schedules their parents have made for them

only pedos go to malls after the age of 25

Lots of young parents go to the mall because it allows the kids to run around when the weather sucks

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The wife and I go sometimes and see a movie or two afterward. She likes to shop. I’ll sometimes go in them by myself to kill time. You can knock out 3 miles in an hour walking around in there without breaking a sweat.
You look 19, so I don't think the ''Single male under 25'' applies to you.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All it tells me is Keith is getting normal starter games. Playing him again tomorrow would be a blaring signal though.
I think they'll go with Cory tomorrow.

And I don't wanna hear the excuses if he plays poorly again or that he's still rusty or he has turf toe or that Melnyk turned off the plumbing in the locker rooms and he couldn't have a pregame ice bath.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Someday all of you will realize that Lovejoy is a raging offensive volcano just waiting to explode.

Chico had a mini-eruption when it looked like Lovejoy scored Boyle's first goal, he was almost going full John Sterling on the call :laugh:

We would win a ****ton of games if we played that way all the time

Chico and Matt had an eerie discussion before the game where Chico said 'well teams can't give their best effort all 82 games of the season, if you do it 70 games it's a good number and hopefully this is one of those 70 for the Devils, and one of those other 12 for Pittsburgh'.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I see a lot of young people at mine, though they’re young adults. Like late teens and early 20’s people. They also have a smoke shop in most of them and tbose seem to attract people of all ages. I abhor smoking, artificial or otherwise so I have no reason to go to those trendy shops.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Your reading too much into it. It’s a back to back situation. Both goalies are going to get on of the games. Giving the tougher opponent to the goalie who has been playing most of the year is fine in that situation.
What I'm reading from this is that Kinkaid is (as of right now) the guy Hynes has more confidence in. He's also the guy I have more confidence in, as I don't Cory's coming back to being better than he has been the last two years. That doesn't mean Hynes might not feel like Schneider is the guy he has more confidence in come a week or two from now. We've seen him have hot streaks since this decline began, like early last year (particularly December) and for a little in the early 2017 part of the 16-17 season. Or the playoffs, even though it was only 3 starts.

I'm not saying you don't play Cory tomorrow, by the way.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I think he means neither goalie plays good or bad enough to keep or lose the spot. They keep middling around, which leads to overall mediocrity, no matter whos in net

i definitely think kinkaid has played well enough to keep his spot

Reactions: Maine Fan

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don’t think NJ tried any harder tonight than in any other game. Some nights the team is tired from travel or a back to back or there is an emotional letdown for some reason or the puck just bounces wrong all night. Sometimes styles make fights and NJ can be thrown off by a bad team like the PHI game. think this team always tries but some nights the other team is better or the Devils are off.

The team may not have enough talent or may play terribly but I don’t think the effort is the issue. I may think Hynes is a meh coach but the best player on the team has bought in which means the other players have to also or at least keep it to themselves if they don’t believe in him. So I think the team plays hard for him. I don’t see NJ having anyone just going through the motions on the roster and I don’t think anyone is grousing over money which are typical reasons teams may not give a full effort.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
i definitely think kinkaid has played well enough to keep his spot

Nobody is taking it from him. Most teams will start both goalies in a back-to-back situation. And given the amount of games we play this month there's no reason to overplay Kinkaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad