GDT: Devils vs Penguins - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Is it me or does Boyle look like a deer in the headlights after he scores? He almost looks like he's completely shocked.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah, Cory's gotta get Ottawa. I'd be shocked if Hynes chooses differently.

I won't be...I think he's already in damn the torpedoes full speed ahead mode now and wants to get some momentum on the trip, plus there's another two days off after tomorrow. He intentionally left the goalie rotation open-ended tomorrow for that reason I think. I also wouldn't be surprised if after Keith played the back-to-back Cory got one of the games this weekend (likely Winnipeg).

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Yeah, Cory's gotta get Ottawa. I'd be shocked if Hynes chooses differently.
I would be too, BUT it seems like hynes trust kk more so then cory.
1. A few seasons ago we had a crucial game in barclays for the devils to stay in the race, kk as a backup was playing well and he was put in over a healthy cory.
2. Hynes wouldn't let.cory back in the lineup last yr when cory returned and kept riding kk till the end of the reg seaosn plus 2 playoff games.
3. Kk faced more shots in the first period and had a relatively easy 2nd half of the game in terms of shots faced. I'd give cory the game, but seeing what hynes has done in the past and the fact he didnt name.a goalie for tomorrow leaves a slight door open for kk to go back in, say a 5% chance.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Unless one of them shows they shouldn’t be played at all, we should alternate Kinkaid and Schneider starts. Keep them both rested, fresh, but not long stretches without playing.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I’d give him a rest. Tough night.

Go back to him on Friday, unless Schneids looks amazing. The NJD usually looks better when KK is in the cage. Might be because he makes more saves.

I think KK is very good at swallowing up rebounds. I think Cory would do well on a team like Tampa who have sentries for defensemen. Our guys are too small and have trouble out-muscling bigger guys to clear pucks

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Devils did get dominated on faceoffs once again 42:58, that needs to change.

Zajac 64%

Nico 48%

Everyone else = stunk

Boyle 40%
Seney 30%
Dea 30%

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I wouldn't. Get Schneider going so we can have two goalies in good form.
I’m opposed to a platoon because they don’t work very often. I wouldn’t transition them unless both look bad. Use whoever is hot more often and don’t make a change if one guy is losing a game 2-0. Have to applaud Mr. Clean for that for that in going with Kinker tonight. Petey made the mistake of going back and forth with Marty and Cory that season and would yank a goalie for the next game just due to the fact the team lost. It was a bad way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad