njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Let's get to work boys

giphy.gif

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I've seen that Hall is an ES point producer and not so much on the PP but the majority of the goals I've seen him score have been right around the net/crease. Putting him on the point on the PP has got to be a mistake.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Taylor Hall is not going to play the point on the PP....

Hall has done it in Edmonton.

I think with them not playing Bennett who is usually in that slot and with Parenteau being new, they are going to try Hall there.

You can see him playing the point a couple times here.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'd imagine it's going to be Cammy on the point instead of Hall. And K-Palm is certainly going to be on the point for PP1, no? In my view, his one timer is clearly our primary weapon on the PP.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Dailyfaceoff is very reliable. And they have the ES lines exactly correct.

Still could be incorrect though...honestly assuming they have to be.

Gross listed the PP lines from practice yesterday and they were the same, I assume that's where they got the information from.

I wouldn't worry though, he'll find his spots on the PP.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think this defense is going to be a lot better than people realize. It might take a few games to come together but I think it will come together by Thanksgiving maybe Christmas.

I think Santini will push his way into the top 4 before this season is over.

I'm hoping Severson takes another step in his development.

Auvitu could be a very significant addition. I'm sure we are going to need some patience while he goes through adjustments of playing in North America

But here is the beauty in all of this....If none of that happens, Greene, Lovejoy, Quincey (and to some extent Moore and Merrill) are still a decent group to fall back on and hedge our bets against.

I like what is on the backend, although I definitely acknowledge that it might be a bumpy road for a while.

I think Sev's Auvitu and Santini are all X factors. Sev's you want to see take that next step. If he does that is huge.

And how good are Auvitu and Santini RIGHT NOW? I think their play in preseason was promising, but even more promising given it is what their resumes suggested. Not so much in how good they are, but they were good in the exact way you expected them to be. It's not like we are amped for Santini because he put up some points, and maybe a couple goals from points shots. No he was a stable defensive presence, he skated well he got the puck to where it needed to go.

I mean I guess Greene and the rev are x factors too in that you hope we don't see the aging process kick in, but for the most part you now what to expect.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Dailyfaceoff is very reliable. And they have the ES lines exactly correct.

Still could be incorrect though...honestly assuming they have to be.

oh I am not saying you're wrong, that just...makes no sense to me

Hall should be at the front of the net on the PP

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
look at Santini and Miles Woods contracts:

http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1275
http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1286

started in 15-16. they each only played 1 game.

If players are over 20 (by some date) when they play a professional game on an ELC, then they burn a year of their contracts. Wood and Santini were well past that point when they played. EDIT: To go further, only 18/19 year old players that pass the 9 NHL game threshold for burning off a year of their ELCs. What I find is weird though is that considering that ELCs slide, a player can technically be on their ELCs for five years if they sign when they are 18 and play in the AHL the first two years, granted they are eligible. The ELC will "slide" to the next year as long as they don't play in more than 9 NHL games.

oh I am not saying you're wrong, that just...makes no sense to me

Hall should be at the front of the net on the PP

Without Bennett occupying that spot and with Parenteau brand new, they are likely going to see what Hall can do there. It should be very interesting with all that skill there. Hall, Zacha, and Cammalleri all have the ability to make some pretty fancy plays and finish them.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Since when does playing 1 NHL game burn a year of an ELC? Thats news to me. Is this only for the NCAA?

I'm not sure what the distinction was(edit I see Zippy clarified the situation above), but it was mentioned at the time of the signing that 1 year of their ELC woud be burnt. At the time we all concluded burning the year of the ELC was an added incentive to get these guys to leave school early and avoid the Vesey style UFA which was looming for each.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think Sev's Auvitu and Santini are all X factors. Sev's you want to see take that next step. If he does that is huge.

And how good are Auvitu and Santini RIGHT NOW? I think their play in preseason was promising, but even more promising given it is what their resumes suggested. Not so much in how good they are, but they were good in the exact way you expected them to be. It's not like we are amped for Santini because he put up some points, and maybe a couple goals from points shots. No he was a stable defensive presence, he skated well he got the puck to where it needed to go.

I mean I guess Greene and the rev are x factors too in that you hope we don't see the aging process kick in, but for the most part you now what to expect.

Minus the skating well, it took Larsson almost 4 years to get to that point. Just saying.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Minus the skating well, it took Larsson almost 4 years to get to that point. Just saying.

And the hits just keep on coming.

Of coarse Santini spent 3 years post draft in college, while Lars was direct to the NHL but whatever.

I do think Santini is very Lars like. Prob skates a little better, let's see if he see's the ice as well, or is as capable of winning battles deep in the zone and productively moving the puck to a fwd.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Of coarse Santini spent 3 years post draft in college, while Lars was direct to the NHL but whatever.

I do think Santini is very Lars like. Prob skates a little better, let's see if he see's the ice as well, or is as capable of winning battles deep in the zone and productively moving the puck to a fwd.

Right...And even #42 overall is still a bit high for a Dman like that. Let alone #4.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zacha getting 1st unit PP time is a Sympathy Note from the coaching staff for having to play with Josefson 5v5.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I think Santini will develop into a similar player as Larsson, but not nearly as effective as Larsson will end up being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad