GDT: Devils vs. Panthers 2016-17 SEASON OPENER! 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
That DSP gif :laugh:

Going to miss the whole game because of class, ugh. Gotta find a way to watch!

So happy the day is finally here! LGD!!

giphy.gif

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Posted this in the other thread:

For out of towners, a reminder that NHL Center Ice is free with most major providers until November 2nd. It's only $139 for the season this year, which I feel like is cheaper than what I paid in the past.

Also, I know Josefson is going to score or set up Zacha tonight just to make me throw things.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Devils expected PP units according to dailyfaceoff updated this morning:

Camm-Zacha-DSP
Auvitu-Hall

Josefson-Zajac-Henrique
Palms-Severson

Not really a fan of hall up high....or these lines in general. Also, if this is correct, I think it shoots down the whole Josefson taking faceoffs for Zacha mantra.

Group Chat Legend*

Looking forward to seeing Hall with the Devils!

Also Ive followed Santini somewhat, was he kept up for a trial run or do they seem him staying up and burning a year off his ELC?

Last edited by a moderator:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It'll depend on the format they run on the PP, but I think I'd prefer Hall being further down towards the goal. We'll see how it goes though.

I like how they've split the personnel on the two pairings.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So excited to see this game.

Most excited about Zacha, Wood, Santini, Speers being in the lineup.

I know it will be a process for these guys but here is to hoping for big things in their future!

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Yep, haven't been this excited for an opener in quite awhile.

I'm expecting it's going to be a process for this team, but there's plenty to be interested in between the youth movement, Hall, and a potential diamond in the rough in Auvitu

LGD!

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Most excited I've been for a Devils game in years. There are so many things to be hyped about, I have no time to worry about Jacob Josefson lol. LGD!

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Looking forward to seeing Hall with the Devils!

Also Ive followed Santini somewhat, was he kept up for a trial run or do they seem him staying up and burning a year off his ELC?

A) he is an NCAA player so theres no "trial run" like with the OHL
B) he played in a game last season which burned a year

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I'm excited but my expectations are tempered. There are SO many new faces. I'm curious if any NJ team has had this much roster turnover. I really wish we had kept Schlemko. I don't trust the back end beyond Greene.

Still, I'm excited to see Zacha in particular.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia

Camm-Zacha-DSP
Auvitu-Hall

Josefson-Zajac-Henrique
Palms-Severson

Not really a fan of hall up high....or these lines in general. Also, if this is correct, I think it shoots down the whole Josefson taking faceoffs for Zacha mantra.

A lot of lefties on PP1

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
This is going to be the never ending work day with all of the anticipation for the game tonight.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm excited but my expectations are tempered. There are SO many new faces. I'm curious if any NJ team has had this much roster turnover. I really wish we had kept Schlemko. I don't trust the back end beyond Greene.

Still, I'm excited to see Zacha in particular.

I think this defense is going to be a lot better than people realize. It might take a few games to come together but I think it will come together by Thanksgiving maybe Christmas.

I think Santini will push his way into the top 4 before this season is over.

I'm hoping Severson takes another step in his development.

Auvitu could be a very significant addition. I'm sure we are going to need some patience while he goes through adjustments of playing in North America

But here is the beauty in all of this....If none of that happens, Greene, Lovejoy, Quincey (and to some extent Moore and Merrill) are still a decent group to fall back on and hedge our bets against.

I like what is on the backend, although I definitely acknowledge that it might be a bumpy road for a while.

Group Chat Legend*

A) he is an NCAA player so theres no "trial run" like with the OHL
B) he played in a game last season which burned a year

Since when does playing 1 NHL game burn a year of an ELC? Thats news to me. Is this only for the NCAA?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Camm-Zacha-DSP
Auvitu-Hall

Josefson-Zajac-Henrique
Palms-Severson

So the Greene PP thing was shelved? Good.

Glad to see Frenchy and Sev's get those minutes. Want Frenchy to be good, but want Sev's to be better and steal that top unit spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad